Eden Hazard

the wes

Best player on our side tonight, ratings seem to agree

Expected scapegoat.

That's why he is underrated compare to his obvious talent. He is a poor finisher.

He'll play the best, but nothing he did contributed to a goal.

He needs to develop his finishing, he's brushing off this aspect of the game like he doesn't need it. He has the talent and ability to be as good a finisher as lampard at the very least.

Bruh... Did I watch another game last night? BEST PLAYER ON OUR SIDE? What about Kennedy, Willian or, I don't know, even Zouma? Hazard lost A LOT of balls, specially in the extra-time, when we were one man up and supposed to kill the game. He was a mess and some people are acting like he played like Messi or something. He is lazy and invisible at times, stop defending him so much.

Bruh... Did I watch another game last night? BEST PLAYER ON OUR SIDE? What about Kennedy, Willian or, I don't know, even Zouma? Hazard lost A LOT of balls, specially in the extra-time, when we were one man up and supposed to kill the game. He was a mess and some people are acting like he played like Messi or something. He is lazy and invisible at times, stop defending him so much.

You are right and wrong. He was our best player last night - or at least one of the best - because he orchestrated some of our best attacking plays, especially late on. He drew the Stoke players in and dribbled past them to set up opportunities for the other players. On the other hand, his lack of effort after losing the ball was extremely annoying. He just stood there and didn't even bother to try and win it back.

Same people that are willing to give Mourinho until the end of the season at least should also do the same for Eden. He was PL PoTY... Give him some time instead of saying that you want him to leave.

It's ridiculous, same people wanting to keep Mourinho because of past service to the club, want to sell Hazard because he isn't delivering right NOW, forgetting 2 years in a flash. As if he suddenly turned to shit, guess you're only a "loyal" Chelsea fan if you support Lord José through hard times, loyalty to players isn't important.

When a team is performing badly... people (fans) are becoming weird creatures!

Isn't this the same team that gave you one of the best pre summers ever last year => winning the EPL! And even before that the CL & EL!!

Doesn't that suppose to mean that this team build up some credit? And especially Hazard since he more or less was the key factor for our title celebrations last year!

FFS people! If you cannot give credit to players... And also get behind them when things aren't going so well... You're nothing more than a simple fair weather fan!

Maybe you can subscribe to bluemoon forum or Gunners forum => top of the league!

OR stay here and support OUR team through thick and thin! KTBFFH!!!!

When a team is performing badly... people (fans) are becoming weird creatures!

Isn't this the same team that gave you one of the best pre summers ever last year => winning the EPL! And even before that the CL & EL!!

Doesn't that suppose to mean that this team build up some credit? And especially Hazard since he more or less was the key factor for our title celebrations last year!

FFS people! If you cannot give credit to players... And also get behind them when things aren't going so well... You're nothing more than a simple fair weather fan!

Maybe you can subscribe to bluemoon forum or Gunners forum => top of the league!

OR stay here and support OUR team through thick and thin! KTBFFH!!!!

I will support this team even if we get relegated to 4th tier, but that doesnt mean i wont say we play shit when we play shit.

With all that money invested, quality in management and team, I expect better.

I dont expect trophy every year, but enjoyable football with players who fight for the club.

well, you definetly didn't watch the entire game then. He was playing very good, dribbling and cutting through their midfield. Only in the second half of extra time did he become sloppy and lost a lot of balls but that was mainly due to him fatiguing a bit imo.

Yea, hence 'expected'.

You said scapegoat. He isnt the only one to blame by no means. The fact that he is such a massive talent and has played below his standard is why he stands out. When he loses the ball, he looks dejected and lazy. He needs to step his game up.

I will support this team even if we get relegated to 4th tier, but that doesnt mean i wont say we play shit when we play shit.

With all that money invested, quality in management and team, I expect better.

I dont expect trophy every year, but enjoyable football with players who fight for the club.

Enjoyable football indeed. Hence my struggle with Mou. We missed out on that for quite a while imo.

You said scapegoat. He isnt the only one to blame by no means. The fact that he is such a massive talent and has played below his standard is why he stands out. When he loses the ball, he looks dejected and lazy. He needs to step his game up.

There's no denying he's been shite, but I thought he had a pretty good game against Stoke; the penalty miss made him an easy scapegoat is all I'm saying

We can look at it from this perspective; Hazard didn't have a will for the way, if that makes sense.. Before he took the penalty, he wasn't contemplating anything. The body language said it all. His walk towards the spot, him looking at the ball without no sign of facial cues of willingness to do it in his element and lastly, the way he kicked the ball, there was no way Butland's reflexes would have missed the ball. That's what's infuriating, he played very well overall, but he let down the Staffordshire Chelsea fans and others who came to the stadium.

writing here, because it applies to Eden, as well as a number of players.

So, for one reason or another (tired, sick of it, new father, partying too hard), a few players, who happen to make the core of the team, showed up for pre-season carrying a few extra pounds - even though only Diego admitted it.

With the above in consideration, the err here is that it's not a "switch" that can be flipped depending on the mood of the player. The pre-season was soft (once again regardless of reason), perhaps the players did not apply the necessary intensity because they couldn't - see above.

One thing is not wanting... another is not being capable of doing it. Many a times I've seen supporters believe the players were not giving 100% and it was just a case of bad teamwork and/or fitness. They appear disinterested, but they were just lost and therefore, frustrated.

There are many coaches who say you cannot play with intensity unless you practice the same way. Perhaps our form is just reflecting the training done a few weeks back and only now we've been getting the intensity back in training.

So, it's premature to reach conclusions esp about whether players are not giving 100% at this point. They've all been struggling and soon enough the team will stabilize and slowly, but surely, players will return to their norm. Yes, it's going to be too late for silverware, but at least we will give some minutes to some promising youngsters (Mikel for example - sorry couldn't resist).