Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard


DavidEU
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

Real Madrid are sending a representative to London to meet with Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia as Los Blancos commit to a final push to get a transfer deal for Eden Hazard over the line, Goal understands

https://www.goal.com/en/news/real-madrid-make-final-push-to-sign-120m-hazard/9fe4pp2h3j5j1ogjk48bdtkj6

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Robchels said:

You are right of course, but there are no friends in football. 

This is hardly his retirement, so he’s making a rival - all top clubs are or should be our rivals - stronger. 

And if we build a good team that can challenge cL in the near future, hazard will very much be a rival, despite all the history behind.

While this is a fair move to him, it is also not good for the club esp during a ban. That’s why footballers aren’t and can’t be fans... he’s thinking about his career and himself, not the club. As he should.

But to become a legend it helps to be a fan. Like JT who left to the 2nd league only not to have to play us. Hazard will thus never be in that category even though he is arguably in the top 10 of club legends. Lampard, Drogba, JT all had offers to leave the club at a similar age as Hazrd does now, pretty much on the peak of their careers but they choose to stay. In the end they won the Champions League here. That is also what made that title feel so special.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

But to become a legend it helps to be a fan. Like JT who left to the 2nd league only not to have to play us. Hazard will thus never be in that category even though he is arguably in the top 10 of club legends. Lampard, Drogba, JT all had offers to leave the club at a similar age as Hazrd does now, pretty much on the peak of their careers but they choose to stay. In the end they won the Champions League here. That is also what made that title feel so special.

Lampard went to City.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But to become a legend it helps to be a fan. Like JT who left to the 2nd league only not to have to play us. Hazard will thus never be in that category even though he is arguably in the top 10 of club legends. Lampard, Drogba, JT all had offers to leave the club at a similar age as Hazrd does now, pretty much on the peak of their careers but they choose to stay. In the end they won the Champions League here. That is also what made that title feel so special.

If we werent competitve back then, its quite possible Lamps and Drogba wouldnt stay. But we played CL semis on regular basis.  

Likewise, if Chelsea competed for CL nowdays, Hazard might have stayed. 

Its almost impossible to keep world class players if you are not competing for CL and domestic titles.

Real just signed Jovic and soon they will sign couple more. They were shit last season, desperately needed to rebuild. Still they will manage to build a team "for" Hazard in his first summer there, something Chelsea couldnt do in 7 years. 

Its pretty clear why he is leaving, regardless of his dream to play for RM.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But to become a legend it helps to be a fan. Like JT who left to the 2nd league only not to have to play us. Hazard will thus never be in that category even though he is arguably in the top 10 of club legends. Lampard, Drogba, JT all had offers to leave the club at a similar age as Hazrd does now, pretty much on the peak of their careers but they choose to stay. In the end they won the Champions League here. That is also what made that title feel so special.

Can’t disagree with that. That’s why for me, eden behavior and now wanting to leave put him outside of legend category.

47 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Lampard went to City.....

True but he was already playing well below his normal. Still hurt a bit, but it’s not like he left us at his prime or anywhere near that.

Hazard wants to leave. He wanted to leave for real for years. Regardless of competition. So, that reasoning (compete at cL) does not make sense to me. There are no guarantees real will compete there in the next few years either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hazard is a great player but anyone saying he is a legend of ours is delusional at it's finest. The guy has been bragging about Real for years and leaves us in a Transfer ban year something even a prick like Griezmann didn't do enough said.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Hazard is a great player but anyone saying he is a legend of ours is delusional at it's finest. The guy has been bragging about Real for years and leaves us in a Transfer ban year something even a prick like Griezmann didn't do enough said.

Delusional? That's harsh.

He may had aspirations elsewhere, but Hazard gave us nearly a decade of elite performances. The majority of which he held a heavy burden given the lack of quality we had. 

For me personally, he is more talented than Zola. I'd have Hazard as our best LW ever.    

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Delusional? That's harsh.

He may had aspirations elsewhere, but Hazard gave us nearly a decade of elite performances. The majority of which he held a heavy burden given the lack of quality we had. 

For me personally, he is more talented than Zola. I'd have Hazard as our best LW ever.    

 

It doesn't matter if he is the most talented player we've ever had. He is leaving us in his prime and had been flirting with another team for years. Great player but will never be a legend here especially since he goes when we need him the most and with a ban but he wants to fulfill his personal desires over the club he spent 7 years.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nicco said:

It doesn't matter if he is the most talented player we've ever had. He is leaving us in his prime and had been flirting with another team for years. Great player but will never be a legend here especially since he goes when we need him the most and with a ban but he wants to fulfill his personal desires over the club he spent 7 years.

That's the club's fault. Not his. The fact we can't match his aspiration, given we have the same amount of resources as the other top spenders in Europe, shows the incompetence of how we are run. 

I find it selfish to have the audacity to think he should stay, when we have been holding him back for years. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That's the club's fault. Not his. The fact we can't match his aspiration, given we have the same amount of resources as the other top spenders in Europe, shows the incompetence of how we are run. 

I find it selfish to have the audacity to think he should stay, when we have been holding him back for years. 

Sorry but you don’t really know that, do you? I mean I hear this argument over and over, but it could just be wishful thinking.

Now if the argument is just that we are not as big and powerful as Real Madrid, that’s the case for every other club but Real Madrid.

Would acquiring a couple of quality players magically make eden want to stay and not join his dream club? I don’t buy that. It’s not a recent thing either. His stance did not change over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Sorry but you don’t really know that, do you? I mean I hear this argument over and over, but it could just be wishful thinking.

Now if the argument is just that we are not as big and powerful as Real Madrid, that’s the case for every other club but Real Madrid.

Would acquiring a couple of quality players magically make eden want to stay and not join his dream club? I don’t buy that. It’s not a recent thing either. His stance did not change over the years.

You see, for it to be "Wishful thinking" that would imply a lack of evidence, rational, or reality. 

“I’m waiting for new players next season. I want good players because I want to win next season the Premier League.

“I need two more trophies, Champions League and FA Cup. That’s it,”

He's won everything, obviously only things that's left is the Champions League.  Think it's pretty rational to think that he wants to leave given we can't compete for it. Now with a transfer ban, probably the best time for him to leave, , given with all things considered, he'll be in his 30's before we can realistically compete for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of Hazard is on at 8pm tonight and 2am tomorrow. Not sure if it will come on again. Has been on several times, however not sure how much people know, Chelsea TV is ceasing its contract from July 1st, so I will be recording this and keeping this forever. Shows his first 50 goals (I think) for Chelsea and it is a joy to watch. From seeing is cheeky penalty style to some absolute beauties, a must watch for anyone with access to Chelsea TV and a must keep. Enjoy! May repeat once or twice before July but no guarantees so if you got sky plus, record and keep! :cig:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eden from the get go said RM would be his last stop, he alwyas had a wish of playing there.....doesnt make him any less of a legend. He bleeds blue thats for sure, but the Club failed to supply the team with enough/ consistent players around him. When you have such a player in your hands, you help the dude out. We didnt sadly. I rather he goes now for 120M than for free in 12 months time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

who knows maybe he will be back someday.

You never say never in football he may hit the ground running with real cause the real fans can turn on you quick look the way they are treating bale now 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You see, for it to be "Wishful thinking" that would imply a lack of evidence, rational, or reality. 

“I’m waiting for new players next season. I want good players because I want to win next season the Premier League.

“I need two more trophies, Champions League and FA Cup. That’s it,”

He's won everything, obviously only things that's left is the Champions League.  Think it's pretty rational to think that he wants to leave given we can't compete for it. Now with a transfer ban, probably the best time for him to leave, , given with all things considered, he'll be in his 30's before we can realistically compete for it. 

That was then. And it’s still trusting an external address, which is hardly evidence. He may say that and then to his agent/parent, “get me out of here!”

and once again, is it fair to demand that we become Real Madrid? Would anything less suffice to eden?

in other words, isn’t it the same as just saying that he wants out because we are not big enough nor will we ever be big enough for him?

sorry I still don’t trust player words at all (all PR). The word professional is the opposite of a fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...