Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard

DavidEU
Followers 9

33 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

“The agreement between the three parties is practically a fact. Chelsea have already understood that the future of Hazard is far from Stamford Bridge and everything indicates that the desire of the Belgian to play in the white team will be a reality before the end of this season.” (Marca)

• Like 1
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

Just have to pray that the club spend the money wisely (if we even can this summer!) and that Pulisic isn't viewed as the direct replacement because that won't be good enough.

This would probably be the absolute worst possible time for us to lose our best player. Nevermind the transfer ban, all of our rivals will be getting stronger than ever. We'll be in danger of taking a massive step back if we don't adequately replace Eden's production.

Controversial thought - if the transfer ban sticks, keep Hazard and sell Willian/Pedro. Let Hazard run down the contract and see if Real will still be interested this time next year and want to buy a 29-year-old.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Controversial thought - if the transfer ban sticks, keep Hazard and sell Willian/Pedro. Let Hazard run down the contract and see if Real will still be interested this time next year and want to buy a 29-year-old.

They will if he's available on a free transfer.

23 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just have to pray that the club spend the money wisely (if we even can this summer!) and that Pulisic isn't viewed as the direct replacement because that won't be good enough.

This would probably be the absolute worst possible time for us to lose our best player. Nevermind the transfer ban, all of our rivals will be getting stronger than ever. We'll be in danger of taking a massive step back if we don't adequately replace Eden's production.

IF we can trade in the summer, I wouldn't replace Hazard directly. If we spend £50-100m on a new winger he'll be constantly compared to Hazard with little patience given. Assuming Willian and Pedro stay next season, develop Pulisic and CHO to be the first choice options in those positions. CHO in particular could take over Hazard's role and the crowd would get massively behind that.

The money should be invested in other areas of the team, namely up front and in the full back positions. If we lost Hazard and his production next season, and 'made do' with CHO, Pulisic, Willian and Pedro but in turn brought in two quality full backs and a 20 goal striker I think everybody would take that.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

IF we can trade in the summer, I wouldn't replace Hazard directly. If we spend £50-100m on a new winger he'll be constantly compared to Hazard with little patience given. Assuming Willian and Pedro stay next season, develop Pulisic and CHO to be the first choice options in those positions. CHO in particular could take over Hazard's role and the crowd would get massively behind that.

The money should be invested in other areas of the team, namely up front and in the full back positions. If we lost Hazard and his production next season, and 'made do' with CHO, Pulisic, Willian and Pedro but in turn brought in two quality full backs and a 20 goal striker I think everybody would take that.

The RW has been an issue for years.  

I'm fully behind giving CHO the #10 kit and our starting LW, but we need a direct replacement Hazard's influence. Pulisic is still very raw and Pedro/Willian offer next to nothing consistently. 

Pepe from Lille is the only player I'd like us to bring in using Hazard's funds. 

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

But something might happen and Hazard signs a new contract OR Real are doing well and might not buy him, thus prompting a contract extension. (yes, I'm clutching at straws a bit here...)

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The RW has been an issue for years.  

I'm fully behind giving CHO the #10 kit and our starting LW, but we need a direct replacement Hazard's influence. Pulisic is still very raw and Pedro/Willian offer next to nothing consistently. 

Pepe from Lille is the only player I'd like us to bring in using Hazard's funds. 

Agree with the right wing position that it could be upgraded but I think having two quality full backs will take a significant load off the wingers to be providing creativity and width. I think it would actually benefit Willian and Pedro who both like to come inside, and it would also benefit Pulisic who I think would be more prepared to operate as an out and out winger having an overlapping option to try and double up with.

Pulisic does look raw but i think given the money we've spent on him we have to give him an opportunity first to stake a claim for that position before we spend even more in that position. Especially as mentioned previously we are in a greater need in other positions at present in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

But something might happen and Hazard signs a new contract OR Real are doing well and might not buy him, thus prompting a contract extension. (yes, I'm clutching at straws a bit here...)

Agreed, it would give us more time to try and convince him but this has been an issue for 18 months now and no sign that he's prepared to commit. I would also be more worried that if Madrid didn't want him, other clubs would. I know Hazard has suggested it's only between Madrid and Chelsea but if Chelsea have blocked his chance to go to Madrid there's nothing stopping him sticking two fingers up and moving elsewhere. Any club in England for starters would have him.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

If Hazard stays then CHO will leave. And if we go down that route in 12 months we'll also lose Hazard for free.

I hope this Hazard transfer is done as soon as possible so that the manager, the club and everyone else can start preparing for the future. No point postponing the inevitable

Marca is one pathetic piece of garbage. I have read this "already looking for a house in Madrid' shit like a 100 times. Messi, Ronaldinho, David Villa, Kepa.. Hazard have been looking for a house in Madrid for 7 years, ridiculous.

The deal is possible though. If Hazard wants to go I would let him, he has done so much for this club and stayed many times when he could've left.. If Real is his dream we shouldn't stop him.

Also, Hudson-Odoi's best position is LW, maybe him being a starter next year is our only chance to convince him to sign a new contract.

• Like 1

If we didnt have a transfer ban I would be more happy to see him go. I think if Pulisic can hit the ground running and Callum can play a lot more we will see less of Pedro and Willian. The midfield still needs another player who can provide goals and assists (although RLC has done it this season but he needs to do it consistently) and we need to reinforce our back 4 and uptop. Left back and left sided CB is still an issue for me.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

If Hazard stays then CHO will leave. And if we go down that route in 12 months we'll also lose Hazard for free.

I hope this Hazard transfer is done as soon as possible so that the manager, the club and everyone else can start preparing for the future. No point postponing the inevitable

Well, if the transfer ban does stick, the thought of having Hazard + CHO + Pulisic + Willian/Pedro is better than CHO + Pulisic + Willian + Pedro. Hell, we might even up with just Pulisic + Willian + Pedro!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, the wes said:

Tbf if Zidane and Real really want him its not a lot of money for them to spend. I think Mbappe and Neymar will still be their first choice targets ahead of him as well as possibly Paul Pogba. If they get one of them from PSG I doubt theyd be willing to drop 100m they could use towards getting Pogba as well. Suppose we will see. If we bow to pressure and sell him for less than 100m I would be incredibly disappointed. But when has the club ever sold a good player for a smaller fee than they believe hes worth? If he doesnt go does anyone really think Real will wait a season to get him on a free when he would be 29? I dont think so. Honestly I think we could easily get 115m pounds for him still from Real. 1 year or not left they want quality hes easily a 100m+ player if the likes of van Dijk and Lukaku are 75m players.

• Like 1