Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard

DavidEU
Followers 9

5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

sorry thought the smiley there would be enough.

Was trying to be ironic (hopefully not sarcastic) and failed. 

I totally agree with you and would love, like I said, that he did do more of the things that I think he does not do enough of. On the other hand I was proposing that perhaps we shouldn't be trying to make him do the things we know he's not so great at and focus on the things he does really well: movement, dribbling and possession - incidentally things that he could also do a bit deeper and perhaps with a bit more space and vision.

My bad mate!

• Like 1
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Robguima said:

sorry thought the smiley there would be enough.

Was trying to be ironic (hopefully not sarcastic) and failed. 

I totally agree with you and would love, like I said, that he did do more of the things that I think he does not do enough of. On the other hand I was proposing that perhaps we shouldn't be trying to make him do the things we know he's not so great at and focus on the things he does really well: movement, dribbling and possession - incidentally things that he could also do a bit deeper and perhaps with a bit more space and vision.

Ive said for years getting him to focus on shooting more would be counter productive as he's not a great finisher. While it would get him a few more goals and more credit from the hipsters, im certain it would make him a lesser player.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

Something we are really poor at lately.

Either we have to get Hazard or just move on with life without Hazard... like you said making the player look bigger than the club has what has lead us to this situation...

It is a different issue when Lamps, Terry, DD, Cech did it because they were true blues(loyalty was a thing with them) Although I was disappointed to see Lamps in City Blue(that sight still haunts me)

No offense but i wish fans wouldn't be so naive when it comes to player loyalty. 

Lamps, Terry, DD, Cech were loyal because at the time the club matched the ambition and financial investments that their quality demanded. 

They stayed loyal because they were able to challenge for trophies surounded by other quality players while getting well paid. 

It was in their best interest to stay so they stayed. That's why Lampard went to Man City at the end because it was in his best interest to do so. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Ive said for years getting him to focus on shooting more would be counter productive as he's not a great finisher. While it would get him a few more goals and more credit from the hipsters, im certain it would make him a lesser player.

Right, but it’s a bit of a requirement when he’s field so high up the pitch... to create or score. Because someone has to dot it... the whole point is to score goals.

move him back a bit, perhaps at the tip of a 3-men midfield with freedom to roam when the opportunity arises. Similar to what fabregas has done in certain games.

We would  need, prob do anyway, more goal scorers in the squad. It can’t be all down to the striker.

The thing is how can we use Eden to our/his best advantage in a Sarri System? Use him in the Insigne role.

The combination of a new forward thinking mentality and more CREATIVE players that can get the balls to him when he puts himself in the right position will bring out the best in him

Ever since day 1 I have always had a problem with his character/mentality and have just wanted him to be the full of confidence, happy bouncy cheeky tongue poking out Eden that can fuck the world up!

I really do think right now (with a couple of incoming) he can be that Eden.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

No offense but i wish fans wouldn't be so naive when it comes to player loyalty. 

Lamps, Terry, DD, Cech were loyal because at the time the club matched the ambition and financial investments that their quality demanded. 

They stayed loyal because they were able to challenge for trophies surounded by other quality players while getting well paid. 

It was in their best interest to stay so they stayed. That's why Lampard went to Man City at the end because it was in his best interest to do so. 

I am not saying they weren't selfish. We live in a business world where people don't just do favors unless there is something in it for them. All I am saying is they were better off in that ladder. Gerard was another example for Liverpool, he chose to be with them even when the going was tough for Liverpool. I am sure it is not like they couldn't have gotten better offers financially elsewhere they stuck with Chelsea/Liverpool something I think it is getting progressively hard to find in football these days with the kind of money that is floating around.

Maybe you are right had there been this kind of money at time maybe they would have considered but it didn't happen and they didn't leave the club for considerable amount of time. And in the end they left because the club left them no choice and the fact they were aging!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

That's why Lampard went to Man City at the end because it was in his best interest to do so. 

But he didn't agree to goto Shitty originally did he. The plan was he was going to the States and would be training with Shitty till the league started.

It was the whole FFP bollox what kept him in that disgusting blue shirt. Bastards!

• Like 1
The thing is how can we use Eden to our/his best advantage in a Sarri System? Use him in the Insigne role.

The combination of a new forward thinking mentality and more CREATIVE players that can get the balls to him when he puts himself in the right position will bring out the best in him

Ever since day 1 I have always had a problem with his character/mentality and have just wanted him to be the full of confidence, happy bouncy cheeky tongue poking out Eden that can fuck the world up/

I really do think right now (with a couple of incoming) he can be that Eden.

What really worries me is if he is set his mind on playing for Real would that be playing at the back of his mind? And the fact we are not in CL

• Like 1
Just now, bluephoenix said:

What really worries me if he is set his mind on playing for Real would that be playing at the back of his mind? And the fact we are not in CL

I do hear that loudly.

But then on the other hand I'm thinking if I was him "OK CFC dont want to sel me this season for the money they are offered. No biggie. I'll sign the new contract and take the wage hike for the year. See what its like with new boss and workmates. Try and get CFC into the CL and do our best to put on a good display. And play it by ear next simmer."

Thats how I would look at it anyway.

He might think "Ive had enough. I want to go somewhere I will blend in and not stand out where only 2 clubs win anything."

Its not going to be the same RM thats won the CL 4 from the last 5 years without their goal machine. He needs replacing more over Eden joining them IMO

• Like 1

I know that Eden has said that he would only leave to goto RM but with these latest links with Barca it has to get us thinking.

What do we think of the suggestion of them using Ousmane Dembele as part of the deal?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know that Eden has said that he would only leave to goto RM but with these latest links with Barca it has to get us thinking.

What do we think of the suggestion of them using Ousmane Dembele as part of the deal?

He is not sell... stop discussing all this media bullshit...either Barça pay €200m or fork off... Who cares if they include Dembele or not.... 

1 hour ago, eemanyooel said:

He is not sell... stop discussing all this media bullshit...either Barça pay €200m or fork off... Who cares if they include Dembele or not.... 

Because its pointless if we had all the money in the world if we didn't have a player we could attempt to fill his boots.

Just thinking of all our options.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Because its pointless if we had all the money in the world if we didn't have a player we could attempt to gill his boots.

Just thinking of all our options.

I know our board can be pathetic but common €200m is a hell lot of fucking money not to spend on at least upcoming superstar or quality players of similar profile but still young... 

Leon Bailey which I believe we can sign even without selling Hazard...Fekir and Lozano as well are few among other names which are available...

Question for those who don't want to sell Hazard and block him.

In average, Madrid would pay maybe +- 160-170 millions euros for Hazard. I understand some people want more but this is the reality, Madrid will not pay more for him.

So next summer, Hazard will have just one year on his contract. His value will be 50 millions max at this moment.

So the question is, do you think keeping Hazard just one season more worth 100 or 120 millions ?

Or keep him 2 seasons worth 170 ?

It's a real question, because if we block him, we don't will expect an extension contract of him.

• Like 1

If Real doesn't offer 200 millions, give him new contract with 180mils buy-out clause, which would be guarantee that we will sell him if he wants to leave next year.

And no, fuck all this "200 mils are too much". Do you know who the F is Eden Hazard? I mean, Coutinho left for 140 millions, and what have he won? Did he lead his team to multiple trophies like Eden did? Is he Belgian captain and second best player on this World Cup? Mbappes' price was what, 120 millions? And he was just young talent. Don't get me started on Dembele.

You have proven top 4 player in the world, in his peak years, but still young enough to play for 5 years. 2 years left on the contract. Yes, his worth is AT LEAST 200 millions.

4 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

I know our board can be pathetic but common €200m is a hell lot of fucking money not to spend on at least upcoming superstar or quality players of similar profile but still young... 

Leon Bailey which I believe we can sign even without selling Hazard...Fekir and Lozano as well are few among other names which are available...

The issue there is that those players all have risk attached.  Next upcoming superstar is all just a guess.  Dembele looks more nailed on, which is why he's at Barca already, and why his price is high.

Malcom, Lozano, Pulisic, Bailey, Neres, Asensio, these guys all have question marks, much like Eden when we got him.  He was coveted, and he had the potential to be this good (I still think he has another level), but it wasn't a given.

Dembele and Coman look like solid propositions, but they are already at big clubs.  If we sold Hazard to Barcelona for 200M, how much would it cost to buy Coman, assuming we could even get him?  Dembele could potentially work, because you're dealing with his club and you have something they want.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ayioros said:

Question for those who don't want to sell Hazard and block him.

In average, Madrid would pay maybe +- 160-170 millions euros for Hazard. I understand some people want more but this is the reality, Madrid will not pay more for him.

So next summer, Hazard will have just one year on his contract. His value will be 50 millions max at this moment.

So the question is, do you think keeping Hazard just one season more worth 100 or 120 millions ?

Or keep him 2 seasons worth 170 ?

It's a real question, because if we block him, we don't will expect an extension contract of him.

I think he's worth far more than 50M next summer.

The reason Courtois' value is so low (compared to his quality) is that he's let everyone in football know that he'll only go to Madrid.  There is no bidding war, no one to drive his price up.  Madrid know that we're over a barrel.  Take this small amount or lose him for free next summer.

With Hazard, even if it's just Barcelona and Madrid that would want him, the fact that there would be multiple clubs interested will keep his price high.  Of course, if he pulls this "only Madrid" shit, we're fucked again.

19 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The issue there is that those players all have risk attached.  Next upcoming superstar is all just a guess.  Dembele looks more nailed on, which is why he's at Barca already, and why his price is high.

Malcom, Lozano, Pulisic, Bailey, Neres, Asensio, these guys all have question marks, much like Eden when we got him.  He was coveted, and he had the potential to be this good (I still think he has another level), but it wasn't a given.

Dembele and Coman look like solid propositions, but they are already at big clubs.  If we sold Hazard to Barcelona for 200M, how much would it cost to buy Coman, assuming we could even get him?  Dembele could potentially work, because you're dealing with his club and you have something they want.

IMO to price Coman away from Bayern will cost nothing more  than €60m provided Bayern welcomes the idea of selling him... He hasn't done anything so far in his career to warrant expensive price tag... Dembele could work but it all depends on what we want in a player assuming we sell Hazard... For me with that amount I will rather we buy both Bailey and Fekir due to Fekir creativity and slick defense splitting passes while Bailey brings directness and goal scoring quality across the wing... You can't get like for like replacement for him right now... So evaluation comes so that much quality is not lost in the team... 

• Like 1