Eden Hazard

the wes

Don't think you realise what losing Hazard means for this team. I know in your mind that is easily fixed by bringing in some equally Fifa-rated players, but in reality we'd struggle to reach top4.

Not that I think he'll leave soon

Club is always bigger than anyone ... I m not saying Hazard will be sold right away but whenever he goes (if he does) we will always have someone to replace him ... We are Chelsea not Spurs or Arsenal.

Funny thing, club can demote a player into the reserve until he is on contract but it cant go the other way around. :)

Having said all this, If we keep challenging at the highest level we wouldnt loss out on big names ... for sure!

You say this confidently yet Liverpool were a midtable team before Sturridge signed even with Suarez. They were awful this season simply because he spent the entire season injured. They're a Top 4 team with him fit.

Sturridge broke the record for most consecutive games scored & won the most points in the League last season with his goals . It's like saying Neymar only looks good because of the attention Messi gets.

Quite on the contrary, Neymar carried a subpar Brazil side all the to the semis of the worl cup getting all the attention in the world - wish he hadn't though.

Barcas prob is actually thy got too much of a good thing...

Don't think you realise what losing Hazard means for this team. I know in your mind that is easily fixed by bringing in some equally Fifa-rated players, but in reality we'd struggle to reach top4.

Not that I think he'll leave soon

LOOOOOOOOOOL bro I know you are a Belgian but this is not Hazard FC hahahahha struggle to make top 4? yh if we don't bring anyone else as good in...if we bring Reus and Bale or players of that quality we will still be challenge for BPL and CL every year.

Lol @ this "club is always above the player" bullshit.

Nice lets get into Liverpool/MU/Arsenal spirit and worship players to death. Have a look on RAWK for the Sterling thread, MU for the De Gea thread, Arsenal threads over the year which I cba to find. We are not like them, even if we lose our best player we will always replace properly.

Nice lets get into Liverpool/MU/Arsenal spirit and worship players to death. Have a look on RAWK for the Sterling thread, MU for the De Gea thread, Arsenal threads over the year which I cba to find. We are not like them, even if we lose our best player we will always replace properly.

Not worship. But i see nothing wrong with having immense affection towards a player and not wanting him to leave. Just cause the club can replace him doesn't mean the fans want them to.

LOOOOOOOOOOL bro I know you are a Belgian but this is not Hazard FC hahahahha struggle to make top 4? yh if we don't bring anyone else as good in...if we bring Reus and Bale or players of that quality we will still be challenge for BPL and CL every year.

Agreed We'd make top four without a replacement. Could challenge though.

Just not sure about bale - like him a lot but his general contribution is low - he's more of moments player.

Why would he go?

3 years time Ronaldo will either be retired, RM will have flogged him back to MU, or he'll be in MLS. Can't see Bale being there fore much longer tbh. Modric will be gone, he'll be 33, Ramos, Casillas etc will be gone...

Cant see him leaving - he has the opportunity to be in the centre of one of the great European power houses of the next decade, and he'll be loved by the fans. Plus Jose has had the RM experience and also he made Hazard the man he is. Etc etc.

Are you intentionally blocking out the last 3+ months of play? Without Eden this team would struggling something fierce. He's virtually been the offense for 3 months because Oscar and Cesc are shooting through Willian is a defensive wing and Costa has been hurt for decent portion.

Folks get over the small club mentality the PL will continue to grow its advantage because unlike La Liga the teams at the top aren't elevated at the expense of the smaller teams.

Chelsea is not a small club anymore. It's in the same sphere of influence as Real, Barca, bayern and Madrid.

Dude, really? Why the belgian card again. This could and should be debatable without it again going into a shooting/moaning thread ad hominem.

Also "if we bring in Reus and Bale" is not quite the answer is it. If hazard needs to be replaced with Bale, or hell - as you said - Bale ánd Reus :-)

Weckerz might have a point. He does drive us through consistently this season. It has nothing the fuck to do with being belgian. Tackle the ball, not the guy, imo.

Why would he go?

3 years time Ronaldo will either be retired, RM will have flogged him back to MU, or he'll be in MLS. Can't see Bale being there fore much longer tbh. Modric will be gone, he'll be 33, Ramos, Casillas etc will be gone...

Cant see him leaving - he has the opportunity to be in the centre of one of the great European power houses of the next decade, and he'll be loved by the fans. Plus Jose has had the RM experience and also he made Hazard the man he is. Etc etc.

good point, they will be well into a rebuilding fase after Ronaldo retires from Madrid and Hazard will prob be in his prime years. Can't see a talented guy like Hazard not giving it a try at one of the 'big clubs'.

The only thing that makes me optimistic why he might stay is that he is a humble guy who doesn't have the need to be in the spotlight and rather be a legend at our club

good point, they will be well into a rebuilding fase after Ronaldo retires from Madrid and Hazard will prob be in his prime years. Can't see a talented guy like Hazard not giving it a try at one of the 'big clubs'.

The only thing that makes me optimistic why he might stay is that he is a humble guy who doesn't have the need to be in the spotlight and rather be a legend at our club

That's what I mean.

Chelsea will soon be on the same status as Bayern, Barca et al. Therefore he'd be stupid to leave imo - at the end of his playing career he'll probably get a statue here. As long as he's patient.

I can see RM advancing on him but unless he wants to go, we'll never sell him.

:ph34r: i think it's blue tinted thinking to truly believe Hazard wouldn't want to play under his idol, c'mon now. Not just his idol, but an idol to all of football. in a hotter country. where there's incredibly hot girls in the crowd and not guys holding pies.

Just the same you could posit the concept that at Chelsea his legacy could be that of the greatest player to wear the shirt as opposed to Madrid where he could be a superstar but one of many.

It's no secret that Eden's idol is Zidane and Zidane has been singing Hazard's talents since he was at Lille

Why would he go?

3 years time Ronaldo will either be retired, RM will have flogged him back to MU, or he'll be in MLS.

Actually that is the right answer of your question. If CR retired or sold, there is strong reason for Real to bid on Hazard even more. Hazard will be offered CR spot, and I couldn't blame him if he did flattered.

Just the same you could posit the concept that at Chelsea his legacy could be that of the greatest player to wear the shirt as opposed to Madrid where he could be a superstar but one of many.

I think trying to become a Madrid legend is a lot more attractive than becoming a Chelsea legend, at this point. The only attacking players he'd need to surpass here in terms of legacy are Drogba, Osgood/Tambling perhaps & then Zola. He's not even far from Zola's status IMO already, but at Madrid, there's so many legends from Ronaldo, to other Ronaldo, to Raul, to Zidane, Santiago, Di Stefano, Puskas and so on.

There'd be so much more feeling of accomplishment showing how good he is compared to other true greats of the game who played there, and surpassing them, while also getting coached by his idol. We haven't had so many greats here, and having so few players to surpass isn't really a romantic challenge. The fact is, he's probably already one of our greatest ever players, and he's a fool (which he isn't) if he doesn't know that. It's more than plausible that he'd soon want to accomplish a similar but more staggering feat on a bigger, louder, prettier stage, where he gets paid more, and a nice tan. People always forget the nice tan factor.

It would just surely be more satisfying becoming a legend there than here. But that's in my mind, not Hazard's.

We are still in the process of becoming an illustrious club; we've been at the top for a decade only. We're still a way behind the Madrid's, Barca's, even Milan's & Munich's of this world. Though of course i could never see him at Milan. The other 3 though? I could see him at any of them for the reasons i put forward.

It's just more exciting. It's natural that the most exciting player on the planet rn would be attracted to the most exciting & also daunting challenges, especially once he's ticked off the "I can kick it in the Premier League" challenge.

I SAY ALL THAT TO SAY THIS: OBVIOUSLY I HOPE HE DOESN'T LEAVE, I LOVE HIM AND HIS CHEEKS. :wub: