Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard


DavidEU
 Share
Followers 9

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well we haven't gone down no drain yet tho! We are selling 2 players who dont want to play for us any more

Okay, maybe going down the drain was a bit harsh, but if these two players go and we got no replacement (or rubbish ones), then how can I be buzzing? I don't want to join the hype just yet. This is like England, jumping on the hypewagon too soon.

If Hazard and Courtois turn around and sign, then I'll be buzzing.

If they don't, but got great replacements for them, then I'll be buzzing.

But after the Costa/Morata switch, I'll be that buzzkill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

Losing Hazard is just one big reality check for this club. It was coming for years now. Fuck that Leicester-esque title that we have won, that proves nothing in context where we really are.

We are still on our knees, that's where we are.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I hate to say this but all the teams who sell their superstars go down the drain.

I'm not entirely sure of this.  Liverpool are doing a decent job with the Coutinho money.  They screwed up the Suarez money.  Spurs, I think selling Bale was good for them, overall.  They bought 7 players, some of them flopped, some were just okay, 1 was Eriksen.  The difference (we like to think) is that Spurs, at the time, could use 7 young players that might become something.  Top clubs don't do it because what are you going to do?  Barcelona didn't go around and shore up their squad with the Neymar money, who are you going to buy?

I think we're in the middle.  If we sold Hazard, I think we would buy 3 quality players that went straight in to the starting XI.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly cant see RM giving us anywhere near what WE are wanting. Perez wont get drawn into no bidding war with us. And you know that we will want to make every penny we can out of him being our most expensive player.

I see him staying another season as hes already said he wouldn't go anywhere else - if Barca comes sniffing again

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not entirely sure of this.  Liverpool are doing a decent job with the Coutinho money.  They screwed up the Suarez money.  Spurs, I think selling Bale was good for them, overall.  They bought 7 players, some of them flopped, some were just okay, 1 was Eriksen.  The difference (we like to think) is that Spurs, at the time, could use 7 young players that might become something.  Top clubs don't do it because what are you going to do?  Barcelona didn't go around and shore up their squad with the Neymar money, who are you going to buy?

I think we're in the middle.  If we sold Hazard, I think we would buy 3 quality players that went straight in to the starting XI.

We might not even need 3 players... If reports that we are close to Golovin is true... If we end up selling Hazard we can go for Dybala provided we pay Juventus valuation of him... There is Nabil Fekir and Leon Bailey who I believe we will sign either we sell Hazard or not... I am even fuss over this saga at all..Madrid should just pay the 200m or fuck off... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I honestly cant see RM giving us anywhere near what WE are wanting. Perez wont get drawn into no bidding war with us. And you know that we will want to make every penny we can out of him being our most expensive player.

I see him staying another season as hes already said he wouldn't go anywhere else - if Barca comes sniffing again

That is the deal...Madrid that refuse to go into transfer saga of Allison not only that for the past few seasons now they have been conservative about their spending as far as transfer is concern and reports of James coming back due to their new manager preference for him and James supposedly assuming Ronaldo superstar statue in Bernabeu... I can't comprehend how Madrid will pay that much for him... Though I could be wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eemanyooel said:

We might not even need 3 players... If reports that we are close to Golovin is true... If we end up selling Hazard we can go for Dybala provided we pay Juventus valuation of him... There is Nabil Fekir and Leon Bailey who I believe we will sign either we sell Hazard or not... I am even fuss over this saga at all..Madrid should just pay the 200m or fuck off... 

There's no way we get Dybala.  I'd love to have him here, but no way.  The proven players are all at big clubs.  Could MAYBE get Dembele from Barca, but that's a stretch.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First Sarri says he will improve Hazard, which is clearly not possible. And now ^^ RM says Hazard is not a galatico... just crazy talk!:)

Have a feeling he will not go, given the time left in the transfer window. He would only be sold if forced the exit, and I don't think he'd want to tarnish his image having spent so many years at the club. That will not make it any simpler in the next transfer windows though. Personally, I wish he would either sign a new deal or get sold, so that the club can move on.

On a diff subject, watching him in this WC started thinking about his characteristics as a player as well as the things I wish he could do more of when playing so close to the opponent's goal: namely, more chances created and, less importantly, more goals. Under conte he would play very high up the pitch, even as a false 9 on occasion, with little success (IMO). Which I always thought exacerbates his weaknesses more than benefits him as a player.

So I'm wondering whether we shouldn't be doing the opposite: bring him a bit deeper and let him control more of the game. I think that will take place anyway as he grows older and loses pace. It's not like he will change as a player at this stage in his career. It's a big part of Sarri's job to find the best way to use hazard, and perhaps that has not been the case lately with managers forcing him to be what he isn't.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robguima said:

First Sarri says he will improve Hazard, which is clearly not possible. And now ^^ RM says Hazard is not a galatico... just crazy talk!:)

How can you say that Hazard can't be improved? He has been criticised in the past by our own fans, let alone rival fans, that his goalscoring record isn't as good as it perhaps could be given his talents. There have also been numerous arguments on these forums about his consistency at times, ability to rise above being marked out of a game, etc. 

I love Hazard, I think he brings a huge amount to our team, would be nigh on impossible to directly replace and really hope he commits for the rest of his best years at the club. But there are areas of his game he could always improve.

Hopefully Sarri coming in and playing a more expansive, attacking style will get more out of Hazard.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sainttourist said:

Real toying with us, now 160m is not enough. But in a year time, you won't get even 100m, so lost is huge. Plus all the speculation around and uncertainty. In fact, we already living in this for some time, it just deadline comes close.
Club needs to handle this kind of situations better in the future. Make sure you sign new contract or search for your new club at our asking price. And replacement should be in place. There is no one bigger than the club, it must be the law.
Biggest disappointing here is, that Real not much interesting, they just don't want to miss on top player for cheap.

Something we are really poor at lately.

Either we have to get Hazard or just move on with life without Hazard... like you said making the player look bigger than the club has what has lead us to this situation...

It is a different issue when Lamps, Terry, DD, Cech did it because they were true blues(loyalty was a thing with them) Although I was disappointed to see Lamps in City Blue(that sight still haunts me)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

How can you say that Hazard can't be improved? He has been criticised in the past by our own fans, let alone rival fans, that his goalscoring record isn't as good as it perhaps could be given his talents. There have also been numerous arguments on these forums about his consistency at times, ability to rise above being marked out of a game, etc. 

I love Hazard, I think he brings a huge amount to our team, would be nigh on impossible to directly replace and really hope he commits for the rest of his best years at the club. But there are areas of his game he could always improve.

Hopefully Sarri coming in and playing a more expansive, attacking style will get more out of Hazard.

 

sorry thought the smiley there would be enough.

Was trying to be ironic (hopefully not sarcastic) and failed. 

I totally agree with you and would love, like I said, that he did do more of the things that I think he does not do enough of. On the other hand I was proposing that perhaps we shouldn't be trying to make him do the things we know he's not so great at and focus on the things he does really well: movement, dribbling and possession - incidentally things that he could also do a bit deeper and perhaps with a bit more space and vision.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...