Eden Hazard

the wes

Suarez did that for Liverpool. Goals galore and assists. I am not saying they are better than Hazard but did you see how good Suarez was in the second half of the season? He carried Liverpool.

Eh? His best form was in the 1st half of the season.

And no he didn't carry Liverpool. Not when he was playing alongside another 20 goal season forward and with Sterling who was ridiculously good in their run-in. Hazard has been our best player in every big game this season while Suarez went missing in them last season.

Also, it's easy to rack up goals/assists when playing in an ultra-attacking system that's built around you. At Chelsea we're content with just the 1 nil, while Rodgers had Liverpool going for 4 or 5 each game.

Eh? His best form was in the 1st half of the season.

And no he didn't carry Liverpool. Not when he was playing alongside another 20 goal season forward and with Sterling who was ridiculously good in their run-in. Hazard has been our best player in every big game this season while Suarez went missing in them last season.

Also, it's easy to rack up goals/assists when playing in an ultra-attacking system that's built around you. At Chelsea we're content with just the 1 nil, while Rodgers had Liverpool going for 4 or 5 each game.

Suarez made Sturridge look great. He made that team better cause of the attention he got.

No. Suarez was excellent for the whole season. Did not turn up in some big games and as much as I love Hazard, if you compare the impact the two had, Suarez had a bigger impact. The difference in consistency with Sterling compared to this season and last speaks a lot. Last season he was consistent through out the season whe he forced himself into the team. This season not so. IMO, definitely because of Suarez as he made that team look great. There is a reason why Liverpool have regressed this season compared to last. Suarez!

If Sturridge was fit for majority of this season I think they would of made a better challenge for top 4 and that is it. The impact Suarez had when he was there and when he was not is massive. 33 goals in the league and 12 assists. Come on. There is no way you can tell me Hazard has had a bigger impact. I think everyone knew when Suarez left, they would struggle to get in top 4 let alone be title contenders. Also he had about 3 bad big games, against us home and away and Arsenal away. He destroyed United, was excellent against Arsenal at Anfield and had an excellent game against City last season despite not scoring.

Remember at the start of the season we were playing very attacking football but the ironic thing is Hazard's stats were not really impressive even though his performances were however he started to score and assist more since we play more conservative. As said, Hazard has been great and is the main reason we will win the title but Suarez was simply brilliant and untouchable last season.

Even at the start of the season, Hazard was Chelsea's best player for me. Strong performances on a weekly basis, but he was barely scoring or assisting. It was the strangest thing.

And I completely agree with you on Suarez. He almost won Liverpool the league. Liverpool had no business competing for the title with that side. He wasn't just brilliant individually, he made his team mates look better. Suarez's 13/14 PL campaign beats Ronaldo's 07/08 PL campaign imo. And his performances in the big games were very underrated imo. He did not score a lot of goals, but he was a strong performer in most of the games. I don't think Suarez will ever enjoy a season like that again in his career.

My top 6 are

1. Messi

A wide gulf

2/3. Suarez and Ronaldo

A less wide gulf

4. Robben

5. Neymar

6. Hazard

Hazard just needs to keep on improving. Nothing different than what he's been doing. As soon as his shots start going in more often he will overtake robben and start challenging Ronaldo and Suarez.

Edit: Neymar is still ahead of Eden on shooting and goals.

Suarez made Sturridge look great. He made that team better cause of the attention he got.

You say this confidently yet Liverpool were a midtable team before Sturridge signed even with Suarez. They were awful this season simply because he spent the entire season injured. They're a Top 4 team with him fit.

Sturridge broke the record for most consecutive games scored & won the most points in the League last season with his goals . It's like saying Neymar only looks good because of the attention Messi gets.

Hazard has played 46 games for Chelsea in all competition this season. 43 starts + 3 sub appearances, missing just two games of Chelsea's total of 48.

Hazard has delivered a goal and/or assist in 25 different matches.

Oscar has scored and/or assisted in 11 games (34 starts + 6 sub appearances), Willian has scored and/or assisted in 7 games (31 starts + 13 sub appearances).

My top 6 are

1. Messi

A wide gulf

2/3. Suarez and Ronaldo

A less wide gulf

4. Robben

5. Neymar

6. Hazard

Hazard just needs to keep on improving. Nothing different than what he's been doing. As soon as his shots start going in more often he will overtake robben and start challenging Ronaldo and Suarez.

Edit: Neymar is still ahead of Eden on shooting and goals.

I thought no one was going to mention Neymar but I am greatly impressed with his play at Barca ...

Told you guys. It's begun.

Yeah they always want to buy stars (galaticos), Eden would suit that perfectly. A good looking young man with fantastic skills.

The good thing is, he just signed a new contract with us and we're safe for at least 3 years.