Eden Hazard

the wes

Why the fuck do you need 1000 goals and assists to be considered as one of best nowdays?

Have you people watched football before Cr and Messi or you just dont realize stats are not everything?

Sure Hazard isnt on level of Messi or Ronaldo, but to say he needs better stats to be better than Suarez, Robben etc is a plain joke.

huh? We're saying Hazard, the guy that doesn't score too much, is the 3rd best and u come up with this statement? This might be the worse thread to say this on.

I personally think Suarez is just ahead of him maybe at the moment. Only just, Hazard needs to do it in Europe to go to the next level

Suarez even proved his worth with an average Liverpool team with 30 epl goals in 32games without penalties while completing 14 assists last season.

I say hazard is 5th, behind Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Robben.

Suarez even proved his worth with an average Liverpool team with 30 epl goals in 32games without penalties while completing 14 assists last season.

I think top 5 is a position we can all agree on, especially as the top 2 are certainties and he's the youngest. I'm just happy we have a player than can be spoken of in the same breath as all time greats by manager/players who have managed Ronaldo and/or faced Messi on many occasions.

huh? We're saying Hazard, the guy that doesn't score too much, is the 3rd best and u come up with this statement? This might be the worse thread to say this on.

? There are some people saying Hazard will never get close to Messi and CR and even after them he wont have chance to be best in world unless he starts scoring much more goals.

The point is that you dont need goals or assists to be the best in world. Top scorer yes, but goals arent all.

Take a look at CR. All those goals and he only got one la liga title with real madrid. And CL that he played absolute crap in final.

I for one dont realy give shit about how many goals certain player scores. I value team work and team contribution over individual stats. Here, Hazard is excelling and that gives him big chance to be best in world once.

But people value goals over that and thats whats bothering me. Hazard even if he has 10 goals 10 assists every year, but keeps improving in what he does best gives him equal chance to be best one day. He doesnt need to score shitload of goals as some say.

Read last 10 pages or so, while people agree Hazard is on very top, there are also some who say he needs to score more in order to get there which is ridiculous.

And btw, Ronaldo has become one big overrated player. He lost freekick and long shot ability, he isnt great dribbler, he hides in big games and looks even more aroggant than before. Take away his countless tap ins and goals against elche etc and he is nothing special. Credit for scoring so many goals, but I hardly doubt thats what makes you worlds best. He isnt even most important player in his own team. Messi on other hand is pure joy to watch though.

I was thinking Robben as well, I think you're right which top 5. Thats pretty good for a 24 year old, his development lately has been great

I was thinking Robben as well, I think you're right which top 5. Thats pretty good for a 24 year old, his development lately has been great

Its fantastic for hazard. He's already performing at the level of ribery's prime year right now and he's still young and becoming better in his finishing. I can't wait to see his full potential.

Will probably overtake zola as the most gifted Chelsea player ever.

I think at this point in time he's better than Robben. Suarez, though, I'm not so sure. That's a tough one.

Still laugh when I go to ANY opposition forum or any football related website for that matter and everyone but Chelsea fans say that both Neymar and Bale are better than Hazard. I've even seen people say that Neymar is "in a whole other league than Hazard." I know which one I'd have.

He's clearly better than both Robben and Suarez. Neither could do what Hazard has done this 2nd half of the season.

I don't think people realize how exceptional a talent Hazard is. His stats would be far greater under a different team.

Suarez did that for Liverpool. Goals galore and assists. I am not saying they are better than Hazard but did you see how good Suarez was in the second half of the season? He carried Liverpool.

pat nevin on Hazard

Which of course brings us to Eden. The other week on this page I said with good team defending, it was likely that Eden Hazard will be the man who wins the league for us if we make it to the top of the pile at the end of the season. His influence has become so pronounced it is basically accepted wisdom now that he is the one opponents have to stop above all others. Remember other managers know this and they still cant seem to do anything about him. Fouling, doubling up, sometimes trebling up on him, trying to stop service getting to him or trying to get his marker to push him up the other end of the pitch making him defend. They quite simply have tried every trick in the book and none are having the desired effect so far.

You have to sit back and sometimes just enjoy watching a brilliant player performing at the very top of his ability. Sure there will be ups and downs as his career continues and I still think he will improve, but right now it is a special time. He seems to be carrying no injuries and is playing with such a youthful, joyful lack of inhibition that I would say there are only two other players in world football clearly entertaining on that sort of level.

Messi is fabulous but even Ronaldo for all his greatness seems less joyful, more professionally honed than our star. Maybe it makes the Portuguese a better all-round player, but this professionalism and drive has taken away some of the off-the-cuff genius moments, replacing them with the tried and tested. The Portuguese is a wonderful player, but I love the totally instinctive brilliance that only youth and its joyous naiveté can bring. Long may Eden stay injury-free, young at heart and also playing for a team that allows him to do exactly what he wants as soon as he has the ball at his feet!

When people say Hazard is the best or w/e, are you guys meaning this season alone or in general?

If it's just this season I can understand, but in general, Hazard is not top 3 player in the world, especially if everyone is fit.