Eden Hazard

the wes

De Gea got very easily beaten too by Hazard, from a couple of metres simple between his legs. Courtois would receive a massive hurricane of reactions at this forum and in the media if it happend to him. Also, De Gea made a lot of other mistakes too the past 8 weeks.

De Gea is not nearly as good as some make him to be. Courtois is easily better, I'd be surprised to see Thibaut concede like that but I wasn't surprised in the least to see it from DDG.

De Gea is not nearly as good as some make him to be. Courtois is easily better, I'd be surprised to see Thibaut concede like that but I wasn't surprised in the least to see it from DDG.

I wouldn't say that DDG is worse than Courtois. Judging by their actual abilities they're pretty much even, though, De Gea's been less prone to stupid mistakes this season AFAIC.

I wouldn't say that DDG is worse than Courtois. Judging by their actual abilities they're pretty much even, though, De Gea's been less prone to stupid mistakes this season AFAIC.

IMO DDG is not even top 3 EPL. I'd take any of Cech, Courtois and Lloris ahead of him. Whereas one arguably doesn't make top 3 in his domestic league the other is arguably top 3 in the world. Not even close. I don't like DDG's style nor his consistency, to me it seems he makes silly mistakes too often. Even in this season with his improved version, because in the past he was simply bad, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Football is a 11 players game, but sometimes one player makes the whole difference. Think about Liverpool with and without Suárez. From almost winning PL after decades to not even reaching the top 4.

Hazard is the reason we will win this season. He is the real special one.

The only true special one at the club. We won't even be 4th without him. Directly responsible for 14(!) of the points we've won this season, and that's just in terms of goals alone.

IMO DDG is not even top 3 EPL. I'd take any of Cech, Courtois and Lloris ahead of him. Whereas one arguably doesn't make top 3 in his domestic league the other is arguably top 3 in the world. Not even close. I don't like DDG's style nor his consistency, to me it seems he makes silly mistakes too often. Even in this season when he's improved, because in the past he was just bad, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Maybe you're focussing too much on his past mate. His style may be unorthodox but this season his biggest mistakes are not even close to as bad as Courtois'.

Think we might differ here quite severly though since I don't think that Lloris is anywhere near the top-3 this season :lol: . For me it's De Gea, Forster and Courtois in that order (I'm strictly talking about performances this season which is why I don't think Cech deserves to be here as he hasn't played enough games, even though his actual ability is top-3 worthy).

Maybe you're focussing too much on his past mate. His style may be unorthodox but this season his biggest mistakes are not even close as bad as Courtois'.

Think we might differ here quite severly though since I don't think that Lloris is anywhere near the top-3 this season :lol: . For me it's De Gea, Forster and Courtois in that order (I'm strictly talking about performances this season which is why I don't think Cech deserves to be here as he hasn't played enough games, even though his actual ability is top-3 worthy).

I can only remember two games where Courtois made mistakes not compatible with the level of goalkeeper he has and in one of those he more than redeemed himself in the same game. De Gea has the potential to play like he's the best goalkeeper in the world some games but then he's mediocre in many others. I'd take a goalkeeper that pulls 8 performances every game over one who sometimes is a 10 sometimes is 6 any day. Maybe his style and past doesn't help my judgement, but if I was a man utd fan I'd never feel safe with him there.

Maybe you're focussing too much on his past mate. His style may be unorthodox but this season his biggest mistakes are not even close as bad as Courtois'.

Lol, If DDG screws up, the media and the United fans leave him alone. If Courtois screws up, newspapers are filled and the forum too. DDG made a lot more mistakes this season than Courtois. Perception is the only difference.

No doubt in my mind he would be 2x the player he currently is at Madrid or Barcelona. Thankfully, he's shown himself to be a loyal player so I can't ever see him forcing a move.

I'd only take Messi ahead of him.

Altough it would break my heart to loose him, I would very much like to see what he could achieve in a team full of technical superior players like himself.

Altough it would break my heart to loose him, I would very much like to see what he could achieve in a team full of technical superior players like himself.

IMO I think next season we'll be seeing more changes in the team next season anyways. I can see another CM coming in, a new, quicker CB, a better solution for RB/LB, and maybe even a more technical RW than Willian. Could see Oscar moving there to make way for the CM, bring with it a barca style of play (/andy tate voice)

That is unless Mou goes mad and we go back to 04-07 football.

Courtois

Azpi Varane Terry Luis

Matic Koke

Oscar Isco Hazard

Diego

Would be an absolutely fantastic team, if I ever see a team with so much balance and quality within it I am convinced it will not be bested (unless we could put Terry back in his prime)