Hulk

thejolta

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah lets pay £1bn for him instead then! its not our money is it! so the price means nothing! what planet do you live on???

You're clearly missing the point. What you evaluate as a player's worth has absolutely no bearing.

fuck it, were rich. who are we to tell roman what to do with his money? hes obviously comfortable enough to pay that price, why should you guys worry?

Exactly. If the asking price is unrealistic then so be it. There is no consistency in the transfer market. Porto are known to be robbing bastards, why should we expect anything else?

are you serious???

because if we start paying crazy prices for average players then every team will keep raising their prices when we are in the market! and with FFP coming in paying crazy prices for average players means we have less money to buy actual world class players!!! so yeah who are we to tell Roman how to spend his money, let him pay £80 million for Moses and £200 million for Hulk its not our money is it?

You're just going down a slippery slope now. Pointless argument. You don't pay a player's worth. You pay an amount close to the asking club's evaluation. Whether you agree with said evaluation or not, that is the asking price, and you have to reach an approximation of that figure to secure the player.

Would love to see him at our club.... difference between Hulk and Moses is Finished Product vs Potential.... We currently have enough players with 'potential'.....wouldnt do much harm to get a finished product to bolster our credentials, taking us from "could challenge" for supremacy to "will" challenge for supremacy.

The other angle is the direction our club is going, which is more financially viable, i.e. the players we buy now are young and we will make money on them while selling them on, rather than hulk, who will command less than 1/3rd of what we spend on him today. Whether Roman can afford it personally will not matter in a few years time as FFP concentrates on club earnings rather than Owners wealth.

Also, lets not be like the City and Arsenal supporters, who while they are linked with a player, that player is great, then if its not happening or the player goes to another club.... the player is crap, useless.

Hulk is a good player and will definitely add to our squad.... Van Persie and Rooney will kill it in the League this season..... Hulk has too many dimensions to his game and missing out on him will be bad. I still think Porto will sell, its just a matter of whether we are willing to play their game or not.

I think the main difference between them is that Hulk is a direct goal threat and a natural right forward. Moses is neither.

Hulk is an entirely different option to what we've currently got, and yet people are against the move? Forget the price. You're not paying it, so it is entirely irrelevant.

You can't just forget the price, because he is simply not worth it and won't deliver what is expected from a player that costs that much.

And then the media will get on his back, rival fans will make their cruel, cruel jokes and no one will ever forget the price.

I see what you're saying, but you are still missing my point. To me, it doesn't matter if he costs £20 million, £30 million or £40 million. Why? Because di Matteo wants him, because he feels he would bring something different to the squad. I fully trust his judgement on the matter, and therefore you sign the player regardless of the price.

If it meant this is the last player we signed, then that's a huge no!, as i want a right back and a DM at least!.

But Moses will never be world class, buy him for less than 10 million and loan him at Wigan for another season maybe. And if you think we still don't exactly have a real winger... as Marin likes to play in the middle, like Hazard does, Mata plays in the middle... we still don't have a complete full on winger.

I see what you're saying, but you are still missing my point. To me, it doesn't matter if he costs £20 million, £30 million or £40 million. Why? Because di Matteo wants him, because he feels he would bring something different to the squad. I fully trust his judgement on the matter, and therefore you sign the player regardless of the price.

no you are the one who is completely missing the point!

no you are the one who is completely missing the point!

Here you are with your stupid and ignorant arguments again, obviously you didn't even take into account what he's saying, you've just repeated yourself and said 'NO YOU'RE WRONG!' and when he said you're missing the point you said 'NO YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT!'.

Well, you're not really making a point are you? You're just stringing together a shitload of generalisations.

Like I said, I have already acknowledged your point. I disagreed with it. I do not have to agree with it to accept it, which is something you are struggling to comprehend, it would appear.

I see exactly what you mean by the fact this will inflate the transfer market. But PSG, Anzhi, Real, City - even Liverpool - are contributing towards this inflated market. The smaller clubs are getting bolder and are getting more bang for their buck. Who can blame Dave Whelan for holding out for more money? The fact is, there is no such thing as correct value-for-money on players. You either over-spend (ie. Torres, Shevchenko), or under-spend (Cech, Cahill). You do not sign players for a particular value just because that is your evaluation of his worth. You sign players for what the asking club wants. Whether that amount is higher or lower than their actual worth is tough - you have to deal with that. That means that if you want a player, you have to play a certain amount. Now you can argue about that all you like, but that is the grim reality of the transfer market.

Edited by Alex

The only reason why the Porto President is probably holding out on this move at this stage is because PSG are interested in the player.When that interest fades(which it will definitely will) then the fucker is going to sell us the green monster on deadline day.

Here you are with your stupid and ignorant arguments again, obviously you didn't even take into account what he's saying, you've just repeated yourself and said 'NO YOU'RE WRONG!' and when he said you're missing the point you said 'NO YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT!'.

thats kind of because he is!!! DUH!!! dont even get me started with you! i have been ignoring all your ignorant and delusional posts for a while, so please dont quote me again i dont have time for someone like you! :wave:

60m price tag... never gonna happen. porto are a fucking piece of shit.

Really? Is he up on ebay with that price slapped as the minimum to buy him? It's all just speculation and you know how media likes to blow things out of proportion. It's better for transfer to drag on a bit rather then let Porto make us a new arsehole with his price...

And what's with the hate for Porto? He is their best player and they want to squeze as much money as possible from his transfer. They don't have a rich owner and don't make as much money from CL as we do. I'm not trying to defend them, but simply hating them because they won't sell us their best player just like that is ridiculous.

I would've been 2 times bigger bastard if I was a chairman of Porto but I would have a soft sport for Chels though :ph34r:

Really? Is he up on ebay with that price slapped as the minimum to buy him? It's all just speculation and you know how media likes to blow things out of proportion. It's better for transfer to drag on a bit rather then let Porto make us a new arsehole with his price...

And what's with the hate for Porto? He is their best player and they want to squeze as much money as possible from his transfer. They don't have a rich owner and don't make as much money from CL as we do. I'm not trying to defend them, but simply hating them because they won't sell us their best player just like that is ridiculous.

oh so moses is wigan's best player so they should charge 30m for him, right? hulk might be porto's best player but their tag of 60m is RIDICULOUS. for heaven's sake united bought persie for 24m, some1 who is tried n tested in epl( even thought the comparision is not valid as rvp had only 1 year on his contract) but the thought of hulk being anythin more than 30m is unthinkable. so yes there is obvious hate for porto because they are not being REASONABLE with their demands and simply driving us to the point of desperation.

also he might not be up on ebay with this pricetag but so many articles and rumors have got to have a base of truth. if u dont belive the media on this then y belive the media on anythin? how do u even know that we are chasing after hulk because of media speculation. also these speculation do seem to be valid as we were willing to pay upto 35m (i think) at one point of time when the deal seemed to be just days from over but if it has fallen apart so drastically it has to be either because of porto's stupid demands or we pulled out of it. i would rather think it was the former than the latter.

oh so moses is wigan's best player so they should charge 30m for him, right? hulk might be porto's best player but their tag of 60m is RIDICULOUS. for heaven's sake united bought persie for 24m, some1 who is tried n tested in epl( even thought the comparision is not valid as rvp had only 1 year on his contract) but the thought of hulk being anythin more than 30m is unthinkable. so yes there is obvious hate for porto because they are not being REASONABLE with their demands and simply driving us to the point of desperation.

also he might not be up on ebay with this pricetag but so many articles and rumors have got to have a base of truth. if u dont belive the media on this then y belive the media on anythin? how do u even know that we are chasing after hulk because of media speculation. also these speculation do seem to be valid as we were willing to pay upto 35m (i think) at one point of time when the deal seemed to be just days from over but if it has fallen apart so drastically it has to be either because of porto's stupid demands or we pulled out of it. i would rather think it was the former than the latter.

Hilarious about Porto being made the bad guys here. I hate Porto with a passion but respect their negotiation skills. Porto is not DEMANDING a price tag. Porto has never ever stated that they want to sell Hulk. They are the ones with the leverage and they are using it. Let's say I own a house that I like, the neighbors are nice, the mortgage is paid off, and I'm happy living there. Then some schlep knocks on my door and says "I really like your house and want to buy it". I don't want to move and therefore I can ask whatever the hell I want for my house, even double or triple the market value. As the homeowner I have no obligation to be fair and I don't give a shit if I insult the buyer with my asking price. If the buyer is still interested in negotiating after the inflated price is revealed then I know I have my hooks in. It is always the schlep's choice to buy my house or move onto the next property.

oh so moses is wigan's best player so they should charge 30m for him, right? hulk might be porto's best player but their tag of 60m is RIDICULOUS. for heaven's sake united bought persie for 24m, some1 who is tried n tested in epl( even thought the comparision is not valid as rvp had only 1 year on his contract) but the thought of hulk being anythin more than 30m is unthinkable. so yes their is obvious hate for porto because they are not being REASONABLE with their demands and simply driving us to the point of desperation.

also he might not be up on ebay with this pricetag but so many articles and rumors have got to have a base of truth. if u dont belive the media on this then y belive the media on anythin? how do u even know that we are chasing after hulk because of media speculation. also these speculation do seem to be valid as we were willing to pay upto 35m (i think) at one point of time when the deal seemed to be just days from over but if it has fallen apart so drastically it has to be either because of porto's stupid demands or we said pulled out of it. i would rather think it was the former than the latter.

First, I haven't said how much I believe Hulk is worth.

Second, I didn't say I don't believe what media report, but names and things like Hulk, Chelsea, Porto, 60million, massive rebuilding is what sells the newspapers and trust me, they write lots and lots of shit. I only follow it time from time to see what's going on and really look at it really deeply once the transfer is done. I really have much more smarter things to do then eat what media craps day and day out.

Wigan is a team battling to survive relegation in PL and they will archive their goal probably without Moses. They'll pay for few millions for someone to replace him and survive like they always do. Moses is not someone who has big marketing value, European experience and isn't on the peak of his career.

Van Persie is 29 years old with 1 year on his contract and with an awful injury record. He only has 1 brilliant season behind him. And just for the record, lots of times after a season like that, players struggle to have another one like that in the coming year though I wouldn't be surpised if RVP did it because of the quality at Manu and Ferguson.

I've written this already in Hulk thread and I'll do it again, Hulk is a very complete player that offers a lot to a team. Speed, danger from wings, shots from distance, free kicks, penalties. He is a strong lad and he also has great marketing value. Not only all that, but he has just reached the peak of his career. He would have his best years here and we could still sell him for something nice when the time comes.

Don't forget that he still has 4 years left on his contract.

Even if 60million is true,

If you really believe that Porto expect someone to pay that kind of money for Hulk then you are naive. Nobody would pay that except Anzhi which is where I doubt Hulk would go. As I said, he is a player at the peak of his game with 4 years left on his contract. They are Champions of Portugal and are playing Champions League season and season out.

They really don't have to sell.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You