Hulk

thejolta

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but, what the fuck?... Torres has been in and out of the starting line up more than a fucking yoyo goes up and down at the hands of a 10 year old child.... how on earth do you expect him to be able to build up enough momentum to carry on having good games when he just gets yanked out of the team again.... give me a break!

Torres works 150% whenever he plays, is always trying to get the ball back and is more of a team player than many in the squad when not getting the service he's always out putting crosses in to the box and laying people on..

Don't you get it? He does not score enough goals and in Drogba's departure we can't rely on him. He just is not prolific enough anymore, I would take Cavani or Falcao easily. Next season we need him to score goals, not make excuses about his crosses because he has been bought to to put the ball in the back of the net

Sorry but, what the fuck?... Torres has been in and out of the starting line up more than a fucking yoyo goes up and down at the hands of a 10 year old child.... how on earth do you expect him to be able to build up enough momentum to carry on having good games when he just gets yanked out of the team again.... give me a break!

Torres works 150% whenever he plays, is always trying to get the ball back and is more of a team player than many in the squad when not getting the service he's always out putting crosses in to the box and laying people on..

I've said the same about Kalou, but since the lad doesn't have a 50 million price tag to his name, I'm always shot down with "Work rate doesn't cover up the fact that he's an awful footballer". The same, in that case, goes for Torres.

Hulk as the striker and Ramires as the right winger is a more preferred set up for me than Torres up front.

Let the club worry about FFP, just be happy that we are signing a good player. We payed 30 million for his playing ability and 8 mil for his name and i dont care, the only thing i care about is the fact that our team is becoming stronger with every purchase and next season we compete on all fronts. We need depth! Now that we got Eden and Hulk, we need a cm and rb thats all. I like that someone said that hulk and other players will provide goals which will help ease the pressure on torres, because football is a collective sport and we need goals from all our players, whether torres is scoring or providing assist, if he gives 110 percent in my book thats a job well done. we dont think torres 30 goals, no we think torres 20 hulk 12 hazard 7 and so forth.

I think that hulk resembles drogba in 2 ways:

1. He brings some phisicality to our attack

3. He falls for very light challenges :D

The versatility of hulk be will be great for us. I think sturridge must get some time as striker, and thats why i am glad we did not buy falcao or cavani, if we ended up selling sturridge then i think cavani will great! Lukaku? I think needs to go on loan for 1 season to a team in the premier league that will start him often.

1. To all of you talking about FFP. Dont you think Chelsea have loads of people who are far more educated and up-to-date regarding FFP and Chelsea' financial situation than yall? So please quit talking about that. Also we just won the bloody CL.

2. Hulk is a fantastic player and an amazing addition. You will all be ashamed next season for what you are writing now. With Drogbas departure we lack strenght in the box and up front. Hulk provides this along with fantastic talent both as striker and winger.

3. We simply cannot rely 100% on Torres with Drogba gone. Just imagine what we would do in the CL if we didnt have Drogba? Also, what would we do if Torres and Sturridge were injured for a short time of period? Yeah we got Marin incoming aswell but do u think that guy can replace anyone atm? No.

So quit spewing vitriol and think about the destructive force we will have upfront next season.

Torres has played 67 matches with Chelsea and been awful. He;s started 45 matches. in a year and a half. People act as if he's some delicate child that needs some to be coddled. Drogba was pushed aside for Shevchenko, Anelka, and Torres, and you know what, he still dominated. You can say that you think Torres will do better or that Torres will return to where he was at Liverpool, but the idea that Torres has not been given a chance is simply untrue.

Torres at the end of the day is a grown proffesional footballer. I hate it when I hear this bull**** about he is no longer in Drogba's shadow. He had many opportunities and rarely scored, nothing to do with Drogba. He just is no way near the quality where he was at Liverpool. Keep him for rotation or so but a huge gamble for the whole season. I would like Cavani but who knows what else the board has got in mind. Hulk/Torres would not be bad though but ideally to reach next level we should buy a new striker

Torres+ cash for falcao would be optimal but since that ship has sailed lets just hope torres returns to good form and thats where hulks versatility comes into play because if torres does not return to form we can use hulk and sturridge as strikers until jan and then get another striker and let torres go. maybe we should get BA if lukaku goen on loan?

I've said the same about Kalou, but since the lad doesn't have a 50 million price tag to his name, I'm always shot down with "Work rate doesn't cover up the fact that he's an awful footballer". The same, in that case, goes for Torres.

Hulk as the striker and Ramires as the right winger is a more preferred set up for me than Torres up front.

This is why I find the Hulk buy strange. (beyond the price) We have Sturridge and Ramires (and Marin) on the right already and only Torres as a striker and Hulk is not a striker. He can play the position, but he's better and more experienced as a RW. Why not go for Cavani or Falcao or Ba or someone else who is a natural striker?

90ap8h.png

what games have you been watching? Torres definitely played well for most of the di Matteo part of the season

problem is he can't link up with Sturridge, Malouda, Drogba...

only plays well with Mata and decent with Kalou and Meireles, perhaps Lampard

yes he is partly to blame for not having adapted maybe but he hasn't exactly been helped by the players around him, and add to that the manager haven't had much confidence in him even when being in good form

hopefully we'll see a different Torres next season

Hazard is 21. Hulk will 26 in a month. And yes, Hulk's success in Europe has been very limited. Hulk has played 24 UCL games and has 7 goals and 2 assists. Hulk has played 18 games against teams from Spain and England and has 2 goals. He has 0 goals in 10 games against English clubs. It's the same issue. He has no success against top sides in his career. For this kind of money, you should be getting someone who has dominated.

Only way to answer that is with this:

578084_430910220267209_100000447056411_1447785_1299943873_n.jpg

So giving that we are spending much for a 26 years old, I will tell you the same. "Judge him when he leaves the club"

We will just have to see then, I hope Torres starts banging in the goals just so I can prove you doubters wrong.

The fact that he didn't get the service he deserved half the time can be used in his defence, how the fuck do you expect him to get any goals when you have players like sturridge who were out on the wing and didn't fucking pass to the bloke. Sturridge is a greedy bastard and was boo'd many times for it when I went to matches. Countless times Torres or Mata would have been inside the box or just outside it in space with Sturridge on the ball and 80% of the time Sturridge would try and take it in on his own and fail.

Maybe some of you were expecting Torres to get the ball in our own half and take it all the way up the end of the field and score, but lets be realistic.

End of the day you can't really say anything until next season starts / gets underway.. With him being the front man 1st Striker.

Wiki lol

vWjhg.jpg

If Hulk comes to Chelsea, does that lower the chances for Lukaku? Don't really know if Chelsea want Hulk for the striker position or if he's more a winger?

Probably. Would mean that Sturridge would be used as a center forward as he has always wanted to, doubt he will get too much time on the right wing with Hulk and Marin (and Kevin De Bruyne? Still not quite sure if he's purely left and central)

This is why I find the Hulk buy strange. (beyond the price) We have Sturridge and Ramires (and Marin) on the right already and only Torres as a striker and Hulk is not a striker. He can play the position, but he's better and more experienced as a RW. Why not go for Cavani or Falcao or Ba or someone else who is a natural striker?

Sturridge will primary be used as a striker, and sometime out wide. He wants to play as CF and the club only used him out wide because of the lack of options.

We are buying Hulk because he is one of the best winger in the world, if you want a comparison of his playing style he is like Cristiano Ronaldo. We are not buying Hulk to play as a striker, paying 38 million pound for a right winger then play him out of position makes no sense. He will only play as a striker as a last resort and in emergency use.

We are not buying Cavani or Falcao because the club still believes in Torres, if he can do the job or not that remains to be seen.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You