Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Maybe because he was injured ?

Anyway its your opinion , for me he is better than VP Torres and co, :clown:

so how do you expect Fergie to fit Rooney, RVP and Kagawa in the same team all in their favored positions? he cant so you will see RVP up front with Kagawa behind and Rooney warming the bench!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea to make £20m deadline day bid for Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Schurrle

http://www.telegraph...e-Schurrle.html

Schurrle heading for Chelsea as Di Matteo prepares to let Sturridge depart

http://www.dailymail...e-Schurrle.html

Chelsea to make £20m deadline day bid for Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Schurrle

http://www.telegraph...e-Schurrle.html

Schurrle heading for Chelsea as Di Matteo prepares to let Sturridge depart

http://www.dailymail...e-Schurrle.html

Look under the Daily mail Pic of Sturridge....Didn't realise he was Dean?! haha

So looks like it's happening...when we played Leverkusen last season I was really impressed by him. He was making our players a new arsehole throughout a whole game and was their best player. That said I do follow Bundesliga from time to time, but I usually don't watch Bayer so I don't know that much about him.

He is only 21 so there is a lot of potential there...if we sign him I'll welcome him but I feel we don't need him with Sturridge here.

This post is ridiculous, Rooney no more than a bench-warmer? Rooney is pure class and would get in every single team in the world bar maybe Barcelona.

He's not an out and out striker but yet he managed to score 37 goals last season, 27 in the league (in 32 games, Persie scored 30 goals in 37 games), outscoring Benzema, Higuain, Drogba, Villa and Aguero (5 of 8 from your list of WC strikers). And yet scoring goals isn't even his best trait.

Rooney is bench warmer now! loool! Rooney wouldn't get into the Chelsea team, he wouldn't get into the Man City team or the Bayern and Real Madrid teams either! and please tell me you not serious about your last comment regarding goals scored? Hunterlaar scored 48 goals last season in 47 games does that warrant him a place on the list of world class strikers? or how about Jordan Rhodes with 40 goals in 45 games?

Its not all about goals scored you know its about producing at the highest level in the big games when things really matter not scoring hat-tricks against teams like Bolton! what has Rooney done for England in the major tournaments? where was Rooney in the CL group stage last season? where was he in the big Manc derby at the end of last season? he was no where to be seen!

Where was Benzema and Higuain for Madrid last season? they both banged in goals and many important goals to help them win La Liga, where was Falcao last season? he was leading his team to win the Europa League and scoring 2 goals in the final! where was Agureo last season? he was banging in goals and many important goals to win City the PL! where was RVP last season? he single-Handedly carried his team into a top 4 finish last season! and do i really need to tell you what Drogba done last season?

You see Rooney is a good player, but no where near consistent enough he has one good season in term of goals then follows it up with a pathetic season then when you start talking about what he has done on the international stage it just makes things even more laughable! enough of this crap now anyway Rooney isn't world class and never will be! :wave:

Schurrle isn't even a pure striker. Why people want him as a Sturridge replacement is ridiculous. He isn't a natural striker like Sturridge is. For me, Schurrle's position in the squad is already filled out by Victor Moses.

The club aren't stupid enough to sign him and let Sturridge go out on loan.

Schurrle isn't even a pure striker. Why people want him as a Sturridge replacement is ridiculous. He isn't a natural striker like Sturridge is. For me, Schurrle's position in the squad is already filled out by Victor Moses.

The club aren't stupid enough to sign him and let Sturridge go out on loan.

Schurrle is a better striker than Sturridge, Moses will take Sturridge's place at RW Schurrle is better on the left and is a far better back up striker than Sturridge. Its ridiculous to think Sturridge even has a future at Chelsea!

• RDM doesn't rate Sturridge or even see him as someone who can lead the line
  • Sturridge has terrible work-rate
  • Sturridge is not a team player
  • Sturridge has a terrible attitude
  • our whole system is about passing and moving, interchanging potions and creating for the front man, with quick wide men who can beat a man and get crosses into the box and link up play as well and Sturridge does not like playing like that.

As i said he has no future at Chelsea unless he can make alot of changes which wont happen its best to get rid of him, and Schurrle is an ideal player to bring in.

Rooney is a great player end of story. Anyone who says otherwise needs to put aside their delusions. Anyway Schurrle is by most accounts mediocre. I would welcome him but with a lot of doubts. A lot. Sturridge has more talent.

no one is denying that Rooney is a good player!

facepalm.gif

Schurrle is a better striker than Sturridge, Moses will take Sturridge's place at RW Schurrle is better on the left and is a far better back up striker than Sturridge. Its ridiculous to think Sturridge even has a future at Chelsea!

• RDM doesn't rate Sturridge or even see him as someone who can lead the line
  • Sturridge has terrible work-rate
  • Sturridge is not a team player
  • Sturridge has a terrible attitude
  • our whole system is about passing and moving, interchanging potions and creating for the front man, with quick wide men who can beat a man and get crosses into the box and link up play as well and Sturridge does not like playing like that.

As i said he has no future at Chelsea unless he can make alot of changes which wont happen its best to get rid of him, and Schurrle is an ideal player to bring in.

Who said Schurrle is a better striker than Sturridge? If you look at stats for example Sturridge's goals to game ratio is a lot more impressive.

Your little list are also all assumptions. How do you know RDM doesn't rate Sturridge when we've only played 3 games so far this season? All we can really say at this very moment is that RDM trusts Sturridge enough to be Torres' back up. If we really wanted another striker we would get a proper one, not some winger cum striker player in Schurrle, and we would've made moves a lot earlier. Notice how the forward rumours have died down after the Moses signing? The club really isn't dumb enough to sell Sturridge for Schurrle.

Sturridge has terrible work rate? Yeah, let's just build an image and pretend that Sturridge is very lazy and doesn't do anything on the pitch. He's just lazy and waits for the ball. *sigh*

I hate how people label Sturridge selfish because he was instructed to shoot as often as he could under AVB. Do you really think it was purely his decision to shoot on sight or don't you think AVB gave him the freedom to? Under AVB Sturridge played as an inside forward. Last season was Daniel's first full season at CFC and he still managed to out score Drogba and Torres whilst playing in a position not natural to him. How you can say he has no future at the club after that achievement baffles me.

Sturridge is naturally a ruthless striker, who's at the end of finishing moves, not starting them. That's why he has the mentality to shoot on sight - it's what strikers are meant to do - score. Bringing in Schurrle as a replacement is suicidal. He isn't a natural striker like Torres or Sturridge are. Even in his first season with us, where Sturridge was given minimal chances up front in our FA cup run, Sturridge was our top scorer in that FA cup run. The kid just scores.

Watch this video and I dare you to tell me that Sturridge doesn't have a natural finish on him, that he isn't a natural goalscorer:

I'm not even going to respond to your Sturridge has terrible attitude point, I just find that ignorant to say.

our whole system is about passing and moving, interchanging potions and creating for the front man, with quick wide men who can beat a man and get crosses into the box and link up play as well and Sturridge does not like playing like that.

So, with our system, don't you agree we'd need a striker with pace, good feet, someone who's able to make good off the ball runs and someone who can stick it in the back of the net? All those attributes are something Daniel already possesses, so why should we buy someone else who doesn't even have all of those attributes. Schurrle is quite robust, can't lead the line IMO, isn't a natural finisher, isn't as good with his feet as Sturridge...

Schurrle's best position is behind the striker somewhere, not up front. Why replace a natural striker for someone who's best position isn't even at CF? Just seems dumb to me.

If you suggested someone like Jovetic as Sturridge's replacement then fair enough, but Schurrle? Doesn't make sense.

I hate how people write Sturridge off as our second choice striker when he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself there. Please remember he's only had one full season here in a position that wasn't natural to him, where he still managed to out score our forwards. I'm very sure that when he gets his chance up front he'll prove all the doubters wrong.

Who said Schurrle is a better striker than Sturridge? If you look at stats for example Sturridge's goals to game ratio is a lot more impressive.

Your little list are also all assumptions. How do you know RDM doesn't rate Sturridge when we've only played 3 games so far this season? All we can really say at this very moment is that RDM trusts Sturridge enough to be Torres' back up. If we really wanted another striker we would get a proper one, not some winger cum striker player in Schurrle, and we would've made moved a lot earlier. Notice how the forward rumours have died down after the Moses signing? The club really isn't dumb enough to sell Sturridge for Schurrle.

Sturridge has terrible work rate? Yeah, let's just build an image and pretend that Sturridge is very lazy and doesn't do anything on the pitch. He's just lazy and waits for the ball. *sigh*

I hate how people label Sturridge selfish because he was instructed to shoot as often as he could under AVB. Do you really think it was purely his decision to shoot on sight or don't you think AVB gave him the freedom to? Under AVB Sturridge played as an inside forward. Last season was Daniel's first full season at CFC and he still managed to out score Drogba and Torres whilst playing in a position not natural to him. How you can say he has no future at the club after that achievement baffles me.

Sturridge is naturally a ruthless striker, who's at the end of finishing moves, not starting them. That's why he has the mentality to shoot on sight - it's what strikers are meant to do - score. Bringing in Schurrle as a replacement is suicidal. He isn't a natural striker like Torres or Sturridge are. Even in his first season with us, where Sturridge was given minimal chances up front in our FA cup run, Sturridge was our top scorer in that FA cup run. The kid just scores.

Watch this video and I dare you to tell me that Sturridge doesn't have a natural finish on him, that he isn't a natural goalscorer:

I'm not even going to respond to your Sturridge has terrible attitude point, I just find that ignorant to say.

So, with our system, don't you agree we'd need a striker with pace, good feet, someone who's able to make good off the ball runs and someone who can stick it in the back of the net? All those attributes are something Daniel already possesses, so why should we buy someone else who doesn't even have all of those attributes. Schurrle is quite robust, can't lead the line IMO, isn't a natural finisher, isn't as good with his feet as Sturridge...

Schurrle's best position is behind the striker somewhere, not up front. Why replace a natural striker for someone who's best position isn't even at CF? Just seems dumb to me.

If you suggested someone like Jovetic as Sturridge's replacement then fair enough, but Schurrle? Doesn't make sense.

I hate how people write Sturridge off as our second choice striker when he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself there. Please remember he's only had one full season here in a position that wasn't natural to him, where he still managed to out score our forwards. I'm very sure that when he gets his chance up front he'll prove all the doubters wrong.

I hear where your coming from but i really just cant be bothered making a full detailed reply all im going to say is I believe everything i said about Sturridge is true from what i have seen, and virtually everything in your post i disagree completely with but anyway im off to get a haircut, all i can say is i really hope we bring in Schurrle. Whether Sturridge stays of leaves i dont care as long as we bring in Schurrle who i think is more talented.

Rooney is bench warmer now! loool! Rooney wouldn't get into the Chelsea team, he wouldn't get into the Man City team or the Bayern and Real Madrid teams either! and please tell me you not serious about your last comment regarding goals scored? Hunterlaar scored 48 goals last season in 47 games does that warrant him a place on the list of world class strikers? or how about Jordan Rhodes with 40 goals in 45 games?

Its not all about goals scored you know its about producing at the highest level in the big games when things really matter not scoring hat-tricks against teams like Bolton! what has Rooney done for England in the major tournaments? where was Rooney in the CL group stage last season? where was he in the big Manc derby at the end of last season? he was no where to be seen!

Where was Benzema and Higuain for Madrid last season? they both banged in goals and many important goals to help them win La Liga, where was Falcao last season? he was leading his team to win the Europa League and scoring 2 goals in the final! where was Agureo last season? he was banging in goals and many important goals to win City the PL! where was RVP last season? he single-Handedly carried his team into a top 4 finish last season! and do i really need to tell you what Drogba done last season?

You see Rooney is a good player, but no where near consistent enough he has one good season in term of goals then follows it up with a pathetic season then when you start talking about what he has done on the international stage it just makes things even more laughable! enough of this crap now anyway Rooney isn't world class and never will be! :wave:

Didn't read your latest rant.

But describing other people as idiots and there opinions as laughable purely because you happen to disagree is... well child like.

I like many other people believe that Rooney would stroll into virtually any starting eleven in world football. He has a huge variety to his game, can score with both feet, in the air hold up the ball as well as drop deep to link up with midfield an create for others.

In 369 games for Ubited he has scored 182 goals. In 2011 he came 5th in the Ballon D'Or and was named in the FIFAPro world 11 (obviously national coaches know nothing compared to you).

I could carry on but not sure there is much point..

Didn't read your latest rant.

But describing other people as idiots and there opinions as laughable purely because you happen to disagree is... well child like.

I like many other people believe that Rooney would stroll into virtually any starting eleven in world football. He has a huge variety to his game, can score with both feet, in the air hold up the ball as well as drop deep to link up with midfield an create for others.

In 369 games for Ubited he has scored 182 goals. In 2011 he came 5th in the Ballon D'Or and was named in the FIFAPro world 11 (obviously national coaches know nothing compared to you).

I could carry on but not sure there is much point..

please show me where i called anyone an idiot please? and where i said anyone's opinion is laughable? i expect an apology for accusing me of that in your next post but you probably dont have enough class to apologize.

so anyway what are you trying to say? I already know Rooney is a good player as i have already said, so please do explain what on earth your banging on about! you can give me all the stats you want but they dont tell the whole story! so carry on babbling about why you think Rooney is a good player because that has already been established. I am still waiting to hear how Rooney is world class? thats all i want to know! as i said Rooney never has and never will be World class end of.

please show me where i called anyone an idiot please? and where i said anyone's opinion is laughable? i expect an apology for accusing me of that in your next post but you probably dont have enough class to apologize.

so anyway what are you trying to say? I already know Rooney is a good player as i have already said, so please do explain what on earth your banging on about! you can give me all the stats you want but they dont tell the whole story! so carry on babbling about why you think Rooney is a good player because that has already been established. I am still waiting to hear how Rooney is world class? thats all i want to know! as i said Rooney never has and never will be World class end of.

You see that's the problem.... Your aggressive lol your wrong, you have "no class approach" to other forum members.

Your right, you didn't use those words, but the tone of your replies "lol" suggests that. Ahh the wonders of the English language.

You know since 2005 Rooney has out scored Van Persie in every season in the PL, baring last year (27. To vans 30). During the same period he also outscored Drogba in all but 2. He was 5th in last years Ballon D'Or and Mourinho was quoted as saying he wanted to sign him for Madrid.

I'm going to ignore you from now on. Or perhaps just lol at your response.

Ps - apologizes.

• 2 months later...