David Luiz

the wes

20 mil for subotic would do the treat then. to think they would demand 35 mil for subotic is exagerattion. they sold gotze to their biggest and only league rivals in munich for 37 mil.

Because Gotze had a release clause, it's the only reason he was allowed to go their, let alone that cheaply.

Not one that was solely down to him, no, before yesterday.

Vidic (vs Sunderland), Terry (vs Arsenal), Cahill (vs Brazil), Alex (vs West Brom), Ivanovic (vs Swansea twice) on the top of my head have made mistakes just as bad as Luiz's yesterday, heck shall i mention Carvalho's back pass that threatened to hand United the title giftwrapped. I could mention plenty of other times they have made mistakes (obvious or tactical) for all them players but im too hungover to rack my brain back the last decade.

Pique takes as many risk's and sometimes gets caught out, but because he plays for Barcelona that's fine apparently. Cultured defenders add something different to their game, it's in their nature to take chances and sometimes will get caught out, but what they add to the table counteract's that. Like Neville said, Is it a coincidence that the Luiz's, Pique's and Lucio's off this world have won International tournaments while the play safe hoof into row Z defenders are getting knocked out early on?

since u are so adamant in thinking that luiz does not make silly stupid mistakes, i cant say any thing further. their is a reason he was so good last season, cos he dint play in defence. he is a liability and just like hansen said in motd, he would cost us many points if we continue with him. their is a reason why luiz's defensive mistakes are so talked about by critics and media over any mistake cahill, terry, iva, vidic etc make. and the reason is that their are so many of them.

since u are so adamant in thinking that luiz does not make silly stupid mistakes, i cant say any thing further. their is a reason he was so good last season, cos he dint play in defence. he is a liability and just like hansen said in motd, he would cost us many points if we continue with him. their is a reason why luiz's defensive mistakes are so talked about over any mistake cahill, terry, iva, vidic etc make. and the reason is that their are so many of them.

Alan Hansen? :doh: well that settles it then. Might aswell quote John Cross aswell, deary me. Hansen clearly doens't like cultered defenders because he was another hoof it into row z player.

Were are these 'so many' mistakes? can you name them? and not one's were at least two players both fucked up at the same time.

Plus Bosingwa was an awful full back, and it took nearly 4 years for him to get any form of criticism by pundits, their a bunch of clueless buffon's, only Gary Neville is worth listening too.

Their is not a player whoever played the game who did not make a mistake ,Luiz's mistake was he was trying to be flash and he was guilty of being careless ,that is very bad and unacceptable from a proffesional footballer , the reason he can be given some slack is that he was probably tired after a long flight ,but you would not want him to make a habit of giving goals away like yesterday and making amateur mistakes on a regular basis,he needs to wake up or perhaps he is not one to play after long trips on international duty,he was sloppy yesterday.

But he remains a talent and Mr Mourinho WILL not let him get away with performances like yesterday and he needs to wake up ,because he will be dropped ,Cahill has been playing very well.

Because Gotze had a release clause, it's the only reason he was allowed to go their, let alone that cheaply.

so how much do u think they would ask for subotic? do u actually think a defender would cost that much? the costliest defender currently is rio to united and then silva to psg. do u think luiz comes in that league? subotic would have been 20mil. or 25 mil max. that is still 10mil pounds saved plus a better "defender"

so how much do u think they would ask for subotic? do u actually think a defender would cost that much? the costliest defender currently is rio to united and then silva to psg. do u think luiz comes in that league? subotic would have been 20mil. or 25 mil max. that is still 10mil pounds saved plus a better "defender"

If we have just sold Luiz for big money, Dortmund would milk that and make us pay similar. Like Newcastle did to Liverpool for Carroll, knowing how much they were getting in for Torres.

Alan Hansen? :doh: well that settles it then. Might aswell quote John Cross aswell, deary me. Hansen clearly doens't like cultered defenders because he was another hoof it into row z player.

Were are these 'so many' mistakes? can you name them? and not one's were at least two players both fucked up at the same time.

Plus Bosingwa was an awful full back, and it took nearly 4 years for him to get any form of criticism by pundits, their a bunch of clueless buffon's, only Gary Neville is worth listening too.

alan hensen, and countless number of pundits and fans. but well i think every1 is wrong in the head since we think luiz is a liabilty.

as for neville, i remember him saying in the start of the last season that "david_luiz_plays_as_though__controlled_by_a_10-year-old_on_a_playstation"

u want me to name luiz's defensive errors when u cant even see how bad he screwed up against everton for the goal.

i mean i get what cech was doing - initiating a counter.

i get where rambo went wrong - could not control the ball.

now what was luiz doing - tries to close down barkley with mikel and schurlle already on him, and then is ball watching leaving jt and iva exposed.

also now u want to compare bosingwa to luiz? bosingwa was not supposed to be the future captain. he was nots supposed to lead our line in a year or 2 at max. luiz is, right now. and he is not doing himself any favors.

If we have just sold Luiz for big money, Dortmund would milk that and make us pay similar. Like Newcastle did to Liverpool for Carroll, knowing how much they were getting in for Torres.

i know. hence the 20-25 mil price tag.

alan hensen, and countless number of pundits and fans. but well i think every1 is wrong in the head since we think luiz is a liabilty.

as for neville, i remember him saying in the start of the last season that "david_luiz_plays_as_though__controlled_by_a_10-year-old_on_a_playstation"

u want me to name luiz's defensive errors when u cant even see how bad he screwed up against everton for the goal.

now what was luiz doing - tries to close down barkley with mikel and schurlle already on him, and then is ball watching leaving jt and iva exposed.

also now u want to compare bosingwa to luiz? bosingwa was not supposed to be the future captain. he was nots supposed to lead our line in a year or 2 at max. luiz is, right now. and he is not doing himself any favors.

Excuse me, but don´t get me wrong when I ask. Should Luiz be even considered for the captaincy ?

The point is lots of pundits and fans thought Bosingwa was a good player, a lot of pundits and fans rate Kyle Walker, who is absolutely awful. Pundits rave over Vertonghen, who is often caught with his pants down in matches (and then has to literally do it to opponents that fuck him over :Goober: )

Pundits in general are awful, they don't have their own opinion, they just casually and sheepishly follow the same tired old myth's, even in Romania, where Luiz has an almost perfect match (Babara produced stats) they were still going on about him at every opportunity. I could just about take this creepy behavior if they credit his great matches, but they don't, when he makes a good interception, produces strong play, strong overall match, they say nothing, absolutely nothing. I mean Lawrenson brought him up previewing the Spain VS Uruguay match, does that sound like normal behavior?

Gary Neville offered a completely different perspective to the DL myth, if only their was as much as one other pundit like him in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPbN_GkFmc

dont ask me. ask the ardent luiz fans here!!!

For the record i was never part of the Luiz captain group, i don't think any of our first team players in their 20's are captain material, quite frankly, i think our next full time one will be Chalobah.

The point is lots of pundits and fans thought Bosingwa was a good player, a lot of pundits and fans rate Kyle Walker, who is absolutely awful. Pundits rave over Vertonghen, who is often caught with his pants down in matches (and then has to literally do it to opponents that fuck him over :Goober: )

Pundits in general are awful, they don't have their own opinion, they just casually and sheepishly follow the same tired old myth's, even in Romania, where Luiz has an almost perfect match (Babara produced stats) they were still going on about him at every opportunity. I could just about take this creepy behavior if they credit his great matches, but they don't, when he makes a good interception, produces strong play, strong overall match, they say nothing, absolutely nothing. I mean Lawrenson brought him up previewing the Spain VS Uruguay match, does that sound like normal behavior?

Gary Neville offered a completely different perspective to the DL myth, if only their was as much as one other pundit like him in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPbN_GkFmc

over-hyping and over-rating and over crtitisizing are a part of the game. look at ozil. he was playing better for RM than he is at the moment but hearing the media, u ll think he has gone up a couple of notches. the point is luiz does things to make himself a target again and again. also i seriously think he has to prove that he can lead the defence. he had a hopeless start to the last season and then a wonderful season where he majorly played in the mid. now after coming back to the defence, he has had some very poor moments this season.

dont ask me. ask the ardent luiz fans here!!!

I have been asking forever...no dice though.

All I read is " they all make mistakes. "

Too many excuses, I feel. Should we care about the others ? No, we should not. Luiz is our concern for now.

Most of his mistakes were corrected, compensated by other players & the team had won, just like yesterday.

How about, if the team is not able to compensate for it, what then ?

over-hyping and over-rating and over crtitisizing are a part of the game. look at ozil. he was playing better for RM than he is at the moment but hearing the media, u ll think he has gone up a couple of notches. the point is luiz does things to make himself a target again and again. also i seriously think he has to prove that he can lead the defence. he had a hopeless start to the last season and then a wonderful season where he majorly played in the mid. now after coming back to the defence, he has had some very poor moments this season.

He played what? 15 times in midfield in a season we played 69 games, that isn't that big a number in the grand scheme of things.

I have no problem with pundits critisising when it's deserved, it's the creepy behavior of the pundits/commentator's in this country that grind my gears. For example last season when he went off against Arsenal due to a knock, Alan Smith implied he was not injured and infact faking it to hide embarrassment :doh:

Not that i needed to say, but the fact Arsenal started peppering our goal after he got took off was conveniently ignored.

He played what? 15 times in midfield in a season we played 69 games, that isn't that big a number in the grand scheme of things.

I have no problem with pundits critisising when it's deserved, it's the creepy behavior of the pundits/commentator's in this country that grind my gears. For example last season when he went off against Arsenal due to a knock, Alan Smith implied he was not injured and infact faking it to hide embarrassment :doh:

Not that i needed to say, but the fact Arsenal started peppering our goal after he got took off was conveniently ignored.

luiz was poor in the start of the season. atleast until november u wuld have said that he has had a pretty average season. it was after rafa's appointment that he shot up. and it was majorly his performances in the mid that caught the eye.

i still remember that our best combo last season was

azpi-cahill-iva-cole

rambo-luiz

i remember people hoping for this line-up to start. goes on to say a lot about luiz and his best position.

now dont get me wrong, i feel luiz is a wonderful player. his ball winning, on the ball runs and passes are simply something that no CB in the world can have. but are these enough to compensate his lapses in concentration. also again, i am being so critical cos i have read some very exagerating remarks about luiz in the thread. luiz will be our no1 defender and our captain and so on and so forth.