Roman Abramovich Thread

49 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

How would you know ?. Living thousands of miles away you have no idea what the average match going Chelsea fan thinks. Some of us are grateful for what he's done for the club and will keep supporting them doesn't matter how poorly we're doing. Fuck Radcliffe he's not Chelsea at all he's a Manc and if he did buy the club you really think he's going to spend money hand over fist like Roman did I very much doubt it. Time to show some loyalty and not just keep stamping your feet and calling players, the manager and the owner cunts.

You'll be relieved I'm going on another sabbatical from the forum but I do read it most days and I cringe at some of your comments they just come across as petulant and stroppy there really is no beginning to your talent.

lol at thousands of miles away, its a 2 hour, 15 minute flight from Arlanda (our main airport here in Stockholm) to Heathrow, a flight I have made dozens of times

you need to take some geography classes

02d2a909d9517c50d33387b0a0ee77ca.png

I have also been to dozens upon dozens of games at the Bridge and away games in my life, so dont try to paint me as detached and some plazzy fan.

I grew up less than a mile and half away, almost straight down Fulham Road, from the the stadium.

Ratcliffe (who is Chelsea season ticket holder for years)  would only have to spend a net £37m per year on transfer to equal  what Abromavich has spent (other than his first two years) so spare me the hand over fist comments. They are making record profits, so it is hardly a burden economically at the moment.

Also, it was Roman's board who have gotten us into the major jam with the bans by breaking hard and fast rules, and have consistently mismanaged purchases, sales and contractual matters.

Have fun on your sabbatical, I for one wont miss your whingy cheap shots you have tossed at me repeatedly

PS

have some Japanese pancakes, maybe they will cheer you up:)

40 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah but is there a any owner who owns two clubs in top5 leagues?  It's clear if he's after Nice for 100m + he won't go for Chelsea at the same time... UEFA rules also don't allow same owner in CL or EL.  And I assume Jim would make top team with Nice. 

Watford and Udinese (Pozzo family)

Manchester City and Girona (The City Football Group from the UAE)

Yes, it would present a problem if Ratcliffe rebuilt OGC Nice to the level where they were in the EL or CL along with us,as only one could actually qualify, so on that, you have a valid point.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

How would you know ?. Living thousands of miles away you have no idea what the average match going Chelsea fan thinks. Some of us are grateful for what he's done for the club and will keep supporting them doesn't matter how poorly we're doing. Fuck Radcliffe he's not Chelsea at all he's a Manc and if he did buy the club you really think he's going to spend money hand over fist like Roman did I very much doubt it. Time to show some loyalty and not just keep stamping your feet and calling players, the manager and the owner cunts.

You'll be relieved I'm going on another sabbatical from the forum but I do read it most days and I cringe at some of your comments they just come across as petulant and stroppy there really is no beginning to your talent.

Exactly. Great post.

Some younger fans from all over the world would never have even been interested in Chelsea as a team to follow if Roman hadnt invested so much which helped catapult this club into a European superclub so to speak.

His influence is hard to deny and a big reason why we have won several trophies upon trophies since he took over. No way would we have signed half the players or managers weve gotten without Roman either, willing to compete against traditionally bigger clubs for the likes of Essien, Robben, Cech, whomever else in the early days and also other calibres of players who I doubt many guys, who have supported the club for 50 years or more, guys like my Grandad, would have imagined we would have ever signed. 

People talk about a lack of spending but he made 170m avaliable this season alone to be spent on Jorginho, Kepa and Pulisic. The season beforehand he made 200m avaliable to be spent on Morata, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Emerson, Zappacosta, Giroud and Barkley. Just because they didnt work out doesnt mean he needs to spend more. I very much doubt Jim Radcliffe would come in and drop 300m a season like at City who are owned by Saudi royalty. I think its understandable for people to think weve won titles before with this squad so why cant it be achieved again? Although for me its painfully obvious 3 or 4 guys in the 11 are expendable and could be replaced, if the right signings were to be made.

The issue isnt the owner. The net transfers have come up for a while but we won the league under Jose having sold Luiz, Mata, De Bruyne for huge profits and being in the plus. The board were called geniuises by many on here because we were beating FFP and winning. Complacency has been the issue here. Not a lack of investment. Also a lack of long term planning but in the past it has always worked. 

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

For all we know, appointing a DOF could solve almost all of our concerning issues. IIt's a fair argument saying Radcliffe may come here and not even want to spend. 

It doesnt matter who our owner is, for 2 windows at least we wont be able to sign anyone. Theres no doubt we could do with a few top quality additions coming in but thats been the case since Joses third season. Theres still plenty in this squad to be doing better too but I didnt expect Sarri's first season to be plain sailing either. Time is needed regardless.

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

For all we know, appointing a DOF could solve almost all of our concerning issues. IIt's a fair argument saying Radcliffe may come here and not even want to spend. 

You're right, it could but I doubt it and I suspect you do too. If we hoped that would be so it would be like an electorate thinking that voting for the 'correct' party will solve all of their problems. A director of football is not a magic wand. We had one and plenty of people here were hurling insults at him and calling for his head. 

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You're right, it could but I doubt it and I suspect you do too. If we hoped that would be so it would be like an electorate thinking that voting for the 'correct' party will solve all of their problems. A director of football is not a magic wand. We had one and plenty of people here were hurling insults at him and calling for his head. 

Emenalo vs Campos though. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Emenalo vs Campos though. 

Emenalo essentially signed Courtois, Lukaku, Hazard, KdB, Salah, Zouma, van Ginkel, Cesc, Costa, Mata, Azpi, Filipe Luis among countless others. As well as probably being involved with signing Christensen, Musonda, whoever else too under 18. 

Just shows if the results on the pitch arent there who youve signed means jack shit in all fairness people will always complain about something. Or if your last batch of signings dont work nobody will care about the others.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Emenalo essentially signed Courtois, Lukaku, Hazard, KdB, Salah, Zouma, van Ginkel, Cesc, Costa, Mata, Azpi, Filipe Luis so it just shows. As well as probably being involved with signing Christensen too when he left Brondby.

I remember reading somewhere that Lukaku, Courtois, and KDB were scouted by Piet De Visser before he left the club. Not Emenalo. 

Hazard was the hottest prospect on the planet at the time and only chose us because we were European Champions. (maybe Joe Cole's influence as well)

Gourlay was heavily responsible in bringing Mata, Cesc, and Costa to the side. It's no surprise as soon as he left, our board room started to capitulate. 

The only signing I would give credit to Emenalo was Azpilicueta. Bargain. 

37 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I remember reading somewhere that Lukaku, Courtois, and KDB were scouted by Piet De Visser before he left the club. Not Emenalo. 

Hazard was the hottest prospect on the planet at the time and only chose us because we were European Champions. (maybe Joe Cole's influence as well)

Gourlay was heavily responsible in bringing Mata, Cesc, and Costa to the side. It's no surprise as soon as he left, our board room started to capitulate. 

Emenalo was technical director when all of those players signed (officially or unofficially). Signing a player and scouting them is 2 different things. Campos probably didnt scout every player hes been credit but he signed them. Same with Monchi. Monchi establish hundreds of scouting networks in various countries at Seville. He signed those players hut that doesnt mean he initially discovered them.

De Vissier was merely a scout, nothing else, he didnt have the authority to sign players, he could only recommend them. 

42 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah Piet De Visser was a top scout. After that we not had a great scout 

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Emenalo was technical director when all of those players signed (officially or unofficially). Signing a player and scouting them is 2 different things. Campos probably didnt scout every player hes been credit but he signed them. Same with Monchi. Monchi establish hundreds of scouting networks in various countries at Seville. He signed those players hut that doesnt mean he initially discovered them.

De Vissier was merely a scout, nothing else, he didnt have the authority to sign players, he could only recommend them. 

I remember the first real criticism of Emenalo happened coincidentally the season after Gourlay left. That summer, we failed to strengthen after a title win whilst in the meantime brought in utter gash in Rahman, Kenedy, Hector, Miazga, Djilobodji, Pato + Falco on loan, etc. Just bizarre signings that in no way improved us. Major outcry given we finished 10th. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2019 at 7:52 PM, zekinjo said:

Who ever going to buy Roman out is going have to spent £3B FFS £2B to buy Roman out and £1B to build a new stadium not many billionaires will fork out that type of money to invest into a club 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH has put Chelsea up for sale, according to French journalist Philippe Auclair.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1119674/Chelsea-for-sale-Roman-Abramovich-Maurizio-Sarri-transfer-ban-Philippe-Auclair

Same old. When its confirmed by Chelsea or someone trying to buy the club then I will believe it. Been a weird year, lots of rumours with no real substance other than shelved stadium plans and Abramovichs Visa issues.