Knocking on the door of greatness

BlueLion.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of Saturday as the ageing Gladiator entering the Coliseum for a final time; his sword still sharp but notched, his armour sturdy yet almost a burden. The look of fierce determination in his eye as he confronts his powerful, athletic opponent on his own stomping ground. Suddenly, his helmet stifles him and his shield becomes heavy as the opponent overpowers him. He is beaten to the ground; a broken man. No-one is disappointed, for no-one expected him to triumph.

Then imagine the roar of the crowd as the underdog defies all expectations; he stands, and soon that notched sword is finding its target and the resilience of his ageing armour is proven once again. The old war horse is victorious in astonishing circumstances.

These are the permutations of success and defeat – the representation of what awaits Chelsea Football Club on Saturday evening.

But rather than a rusty sword, Chelsea’s gladiator will be swinging a weapon of belief and grim resolve. The vociferous call of the crowd will be the shield it uses to defend itself. The old juggernaut has defied the natural course of things so many times before – what price, I wonder, for a repeat showing?

Make no mistake about it – this is the biggest game in the history of the club. It has already defined this generation of Blues greats even before a ball is kicked – but if Frank Lampard leads his side to victory against all the odds, this game will be the stuff of legends. Nearly a decade of heartache in this competition – epitomised by the width of a post in Moscow – can all be undone with a solitary victory. This is what it all boils down to.

Believe.

Click here to view the article

Well... I was right :D

Quality over quantity, young man. Believe me, I have vast experience in that area. I was on a forum once where I was actually obsessed with becoming the top poster - I spammed the shit out of the place. I am not saying you are, but I am saying I learnt a valuable lesson; that one great post is worth a hundred times what one hundred meaningless posts offer.

In.