1st Chelsea game at the bridge ! (a few questions)

As the title says folks this is gonna be my 1st chelsea game at the bridge on sunday i finally got tickets today , called the ticket office and just my luck they had 2 available .

They charged us the price of what it would cost a true blue member (despite telling them im not a member and the lady telling me the non-member price) but after i realised i called them back and got it sorted and paid the extra £10 just so there wouldnt be any hassle when i went to pick up the tickets. :D

Im absoloutely ecstatic i cant wait for the game

I got a few questions for folk since its my first time :blue scalf:

Are you allowed to take a rucksack into the stadium

If you buy stuff from the megastore pre-match can you take that into the stadium

How much are scarves from the sellers outside the stadium (at rangers games they are a fiver)

I was thinking about trying to get a few players autographs but was wondering would it be worth the while i saw this video on youtube , is this the back of the matthew harding stand ? , do most players just walk in and avoid fans or do they stop nd sign autographs and take pics with the fans ? (are there certain players who sign/dont sign)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you allowed to take a rucksack into the stadium

I'm quite sure you can, but it will probably be searched on your way in.

If you buy stuff from the megastore pre-match can you take that into the stadium

Yes, I've seen people with them in before, but once again, they'll most likely search it on your way in.

How much are scarves from the sellers outside the stadium (at rangers games they are a fiver)

Usualy around £9-10 from the vendors on the Fulham Road. Might be cheaper as some will be flogging FA cup winners or CL final ones.

I was thinking about trying to get a few players autographs but was wondering would it be worth the while i saw this video on youtube , is this the back of the matthew harding stand ? , do most players just walk in and avoid fans or do they stop nd sign autographs and take pics with the fans ? (are there certain players who sign/dont sign)

Never tried to get autographs from the players/staff but my brother often tries to and he says it's not too difficult. They'll all turn up in the team coach a few hours before hand, and yeah that's the back of the MH stand.

Hope that helps mate, enjoy your first visit to the Bridge! :blue scalf:

Thanks for the reply much appreciated mate , after watching the above video it looks pretty slim that they will sign anything so ill just leave trying to get a autograph! , £10 for a scarf from a seller bit steep that is , i want to get one of the munich or bayernchelsea ones they had on sale on the online megastore but are now sold out ..i wonder if they will have them in stock at the stadium megastore and they were £8 .

I just hope i get some sleep on the coach trip down there :blink:

Yeah they are a bit pricey, I was last down for the QPR game and there were hordes of people trying to sell Champions League and FA Cup final t-shirts/scarfs/hats/caps etc you name it, you might spot something cheap you never know.

And sleep? Don't be a muppet, get a crate in! blue%20scalf.gif

It was pretty epic went to the museum and met dixon , harris , bonetti got them to sign my top . The museum itself is pretty cool we were the first to go inside on the day and the football points game was brilliant. I was surprised there wasnt more fans at this being as it was the chance to meet 3 chelsea greats it seeemed pretty quiet.

We had a great view in the west upper ,most of the fans around us never reallly sang (i dont think they knew the words) , was good to see drogba get his recognition in the 11th minute by the chelsea fans.

I bought a fair bit at the megastore (Munich scarf , bayernchelsea scarf , chelseabenfica scarf , CL tee , , programme , bag , mini football , torres bouncy ball ) ...last 2 items were for my younger brother.

Also managed to get a chelsea barca programme from the programme seller beside hmv was pleased to get that , then beside the bridge was were the real bargains were i got the following Chelsea vs scarves for £1 each , (Man Utd youth cup ,Bayer Leverkusen , Barcelona , QPR , Newcastle) .....The Newcastle scarf was a fiver prematch then a £1 after the game...so 5 scarves for £5 absoloute bargain id say.

Also for a small donation i got to lift and have my photo taken with a replica CL trophy which was pretty epic , i just hope that the team will be lifting the real thing in Munich on saturday.

The future looks bright Sam Hutchinson and Ryan Bertrand look like they can cope well down the flanks , not to forget Daniel Sturridge in the years ahead we are gonna have a new era beginning with all these great players coming through the ranks . I was ecstatic watching JT jump up and header his goal in , my favourite player aswell and at my first game at the bridge ! Also the part at the very end when the guy with the mic was saying it looks like man utd are champions then the announcer cuts in and says "city just scored " , the crowd went nuts i was jumping off my seat haha united

Overall great day ...good weather , chuffed with what i bought , and most importantly chelsea won and now lets look ahead to the CL final and getting Mr Abramovich , the club and most importantly the fans that CL trophy we all badly want !