Marouane Fellaini

Atholy

Doesn't it seem like we are building a team for a 4-3-3??

-----Mikel/Romeu----

--Oscar/Ramires/Fellaini------Oscar/Ramires/Fellaini

Its an option but with mata being the man main atm and his position being in that central cam role i cant imagine him being shifted out on the right. I definitely think it would be a good option for when he isn't playing or as something different to change to... But i can't see us reverting to a 4-3-3 as our default formation for quite a while tbh.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're simply going to discard players like Oscar and De Bruyne before they've had a chance? What about McEachran?

Capoue might be half the price, but he's untested. That's what I like about Fellaini - he's suited to the prem. He has the physicality, the technique and the tactical discipline to play that DM position.

People seem to simply latch on to the flavour of the month as the solution to our problems when this is a guy we've been scouting for over 3 years, who has done well in the league and seems to be a significant upgrade over what we have.

Hope you're right about him fitting in, think he's overpriced at 26 million :(

Still think it's better to persevere with Luiz, whilst finding a backup for Mata

Hope you're right about him fitting in, think he's overpriced at 26 million :(

Still think it's better to persevere with Luiz, whilst finding a backup for Mata

It all comes down to what we plan to do with Oscar. We're letting Lamps go in the summer and still playing him in midfield. We're shifting Oscar from one wing to the middle, when we have Mata to play there (massively effectively I might add) and it looks like we're playing a strong team in the Coca Cola Cup when we've got three massively important league games in 8 days.

It's sometimes hard to see what the long-term plan is.

Its an option but with mata being the man main atm and his position being in that central cam role i cant imagine him being shifted out on the right. I definitely think it would be a good option for when he isn't playing or as something different to change to... But i can't see us reverting to a 4-3-3 as our default formation for quite a while tbh.

Well no one can really know because we're going to change managers again, and maybe that new manager will prefer 4-3-3.

We would be lucky if we sign Fellaini, he has a dominant presence in the middle of the pitch while having the ability to run up and down the field and a good finisher.

Also, many are talking about signing him may compromise the youth chances of breaking into the first team, which is not true imo, because our younger players look like they gonna need 2-3 years of loaning

to develop into individuals who are worthy of representing Chelsea.

Another point, when you look at any of the squads of our rivals, they have quality players all over the pitch without the need to experiment and use players out of their preferred positions like we are doing with our midfield. plus, all season we have been using around the same 18 players, while we could have made use of the available 5 slots.

Finally, Oscar was never thought of as a pure AMC before joining us, he either played as DLP or CM during the Brazil friendlies last summer.

Well no one can really know because we're going to change managers again, and maybe that new manager will prefer 4-3-3.

I actually think Rafa will be given next season. Especially if we win the COC and FA Cup whilst making top 4.

I wouldn't be so against that either.

It all comes down to what we plan to do with Oscar. We're letting Lamps go in the summer and still playing him in midfield. We're shifting Oscar from one wing to the middle, when we have Mata to play there (massively effectively I might add) and it looks like we're playing a strong team in the Coca Cola Cup when we've got three massively important league games in 8 days.

It's sometimes hard to see what the long-term plan is.

Agreed - out of likes :(

That's my biggest problem at present, it's just a collection of names - how can we be working on shape, understanding etc if the personnel / playing style / ethos keeps changing?

The sooner it's all resolved the better - and hope our 'new' manager is considered with these purchases as they might want to change it again!!!

Some fella is telling me on twitter he has spoken to Fellaini's brother (apparently they're from the same school in Bruxelles) and Marouane will sign for Chelsea in the next 72 hours.

https://twitter.com/PakoJK

Yeah well my mothers' friends' brothers' cousins' uncles' wifes' step son is maroune fellaini's mum's best friend and she said that is BS!

Agreed - out of likes :(

That's my biggest problem at present, it's just a collection of names - how can we be working on shape, understanding etc if the personnel / playing style / ethos keeps changing?

The sooner it's all resolved the better - and hope our 'new' manager is considered with these purchases as they might want to change it again!!!

Lol mate, your always out of likes.....You like Whore. :D

The people here who are saying he's not worth the money or not the player we need are the same ones who will be kicking themselves later if he goes to United and shits on the rest of the league.

Potential superstar in my eyes.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You