Spike

I think you'd feel differently if those innocent people were Americans or even Europeans. On any account, the "job" is much more complicated than the western media makes it out to be, because the USA-Al Qaeda relationship is very difficult to understand. For example, right now, while the US is fighting Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, they are at the same time heavily arming and funding them in Syria.

we are not HEAVILY funding thrm first off. but they have finally taken that step, to help in some way, it only started couple days ago.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444405804577561482242140956.html

its history simply repeating itself again and i for one wanted no part in the syrian mess not only because of the unknown rebels but because also russia and china are supporting the regime...

and with the drone attacks, we'll just end it there no need to continue on that touchy issue.

we are not HEAVILY funding thrm first off.

Well the funding part, tbf, is not done with your own money (since you don't have any :P ) but with KSA and Qatar's and the rest of the Arabian gulf. The arming has been going steadily and heavily for more than 6 months now. I know this because half of the weapons are delivered from US military bases in the middle east to Al-Qaeda in Syria through Lebanon. Literally every day there is news of mini-battles on our border between smugglers and the Syrian army. There have even been a couple of ships caught packed with weapons and that is saying a lot since in Lebanon ANYTHING can pass.

Well the funding part, tbf, is not done with your own money (since you don't have any :P ) but with KSA and Qatar's and the rest of the Arabian gulf. The arming has been going steadily and heavily for more than 6 months now. I know this because half of the weapons are delivered from US military bases in the middle east to Al-Qaeda in Syria through Lebanon. Literally every day there is news of mini-battles on our border between smugglers and the Syrian army. There have even been a couple of ships caught packed with weapons and that is saying a lot since in Lebanon ANYTHING can pass.

what do you mean we have no money?!?! they just dump it on the txpayers! :rant: hahahaha

What the fuck is wrong with America's tax system?

30% flat rate for everyone earning more than $200 a week, up to 40% for anyone earning up to $9999 a week. 50% for anyone earning more than 10000 a week.

There's trillions in taxes that can be claimed. Follow the Australian model (which is excessive, tbh.) and tax 200% on cigarettez and alcohol. At least until the US government can meet its liabilities.

What the fuck is wrong with America's tax system?

30% flat rate for everyone earning more than $200 a week, up to 40% for anyone earning up to $9999 a week. 50% for anyone earning more than 10000 a week.

There's trillions in taxes that can be claimed. Follow the Australian model (which is excessive, tbh.) and tax 200% on cigarettez and alcohol. At least until the US government can meet its liabilities.

tomake it easier its this.....the wealthy remain wealth and the FADING middle class is left to support the country. Obama made a huge mistake gifting the Republicans (who are notorious for supporting million and billionaires).another year of Bush tax cuts shake my head.

our tax system is crap, and a switch to the European system is one im border-line on. i mean we are ther ONLY industrialized country that doesnt have centralized healthcare system. (innit that citizens dont have to pay for healthcare system) the only ones. <_< if we made the top 1% pay their "fair share" (Obama slogan for new campaign) we would be in a wayy better economic position than we are currently. The republicans claim that we should not tax the wealthy because they will use that money to create jobs when they do not! they ship more and more to China and buy bigger yachts and houses.

I'd still rather Obama re-elected than see Mitt Romney in power. Lesser of 2 evils and all..

i love Obama and am a Democrat, but i will not follow him blindl....i dont agree evrything his does.

and your right, basically the election is do you go with the devil you know or the devil you dont know?

@Blue-in-me-Veins, didn't Obama get screwed over regarding the tax policies by the Tea Party?

It's more than the Tea Party, it's Grover Norquist and all of the GOP who has basically ensured that taxes can never be raised. Of course, it's also the fault of the people who think listen to the lie that America can keep up its current spending and pay down the deficit without raising taxes.

well the tea-party screwed him over by winning many seats in house and senate further surpressing his power to pass anything from then on-wards, the tea-party are soooo lost. they scream and shout at obama for spending too much money, but when asked what will you cut they freeze and avoid the question! they cant mention medicare and medicaid (helps seniors and disabled afford health care) they cant say Social security no way (money for the retired) sooo they are completely lost, american media just loved their boistrous attitude, but if you studied them they are completely useless lot.

they are the reason Obama and Boehner cant agree with anything even when they want to, and the reason we lost our AAA+ rating because the world was held hostage by these whackos calling attention to themselves....

so yeah he did get screwed over, and for that bit about not raising taxes it was a bunch of B.S but people just fell for the act......

to sum it up they were a wave that got toooo much attention and lime-light. shake my head man just shake my head.

The only proper way to run a country is a one-party state. No dicking about for minority votes/caring about popularity at all. So long as you keep the army onside, you can act in the best interests of the country every time though it may outrage certain sections of society to have their issues ignored.

@CHOULO19, what is the current political climate in Lebanon? Democracy? Facism? Flawed democracy? I could Google it and all but I'd rather hear it from somone who lives there. Wiki says that Lebanon is a 'parliamentary republic'...

The Politics in Lebanon are much much much more complicated than a simple google search my friend. I've been here all my life and I barely understand it. Our politics are plagued by the ongoing battle between the 17 religious sects. Everything in Lebanon is divided among the sects according to non written agreements. The parliament and all official occupations are divided equally between Muslims and Christians and the "share" of each of them is divided between the sects. Our president has to be Maroonian (a christian sect that is only found in Lebanon and Syria), the prime minister Sunni and the head of the parliament Shiite all according to some verbal agreement made 70 years ago. The "leaders" more or less appoint all those and make all the decisions which gives them unlimited powers. Each sect has been "protected" by a regional or international side since the early 18th century. For example, now, the Shiite are backed by Iran while the Sunni leader is protected by the US. Both countries hold the key to peace or war in the country. This has always been the case. It's just a way to use Lebanon as a pressure card on the opposite force in the region.

The political system in Lebanon is, on the surface, democratic, but in reality it is one of the worst forms if dictatorial systems. Citizens have the ability to make a choice, but they just have one option to choose.