Spike

Anyone else starting to worry about the "Thought Police?" anybody who strays from the centre ground be them left or right seems to be under increasing pressure in every aspect of their lives. People being arrested at work in connection with peaceful political demos and others arrested for comments on social networking sites. 1984 sooner than we think ?

http://www.dailymail...oon-buried.html

http://www.rt.com/ne...t-win-case-207/

http://www.express.c...rom-terrorists-

If you mean 1984 twenty-seven years later than yes. It is a scary thing, my Facebook politics is set as 'Communist', imagine if I got arrested for that!

As long as room 101 is not invented, I would rather die than go there!

If you mean 1984 twenty-seven years later than yes. It is a scary thing, my Facebook politics is set as 'Communist', imagine if I got arrested for that!

As long as room 101 is not invented, I would rather die than go there!

I truly believe that free speech really is under threat. If the elite group of politicians object to the views of a certain group they can make their lives hell. EDL members being arrested at work in a attempt to destroy there careers or taking their children away in case they are "radicalized" is in my opinion completely wrong regardless of your opinions on the EDL.

Economic Left/Right: -3.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Hmm about where I think I am, although I did vote conservative when I lived in England. Labour leaving a note saying 'good luck we spent all the money' still rankles me.

To be fair ALL politicians act like wankers, you only have to look at the people going no politics to know as a country we are fucked! Especially the Milibands and that huge cock Ed Balls.

If they ever win an election in the UK, I will gladly give up my nationality and seek domicile residence in any other country, maybe Ireland as my Nan was Irish....

Another disturbing day for our country http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-19059127

17 year old boy arrested for tweeting to Tom Daley that "he let his father down." Horrible thing to say but to be arrested for it is just crazy.

Ridiculous isn't it? You'd think instead of arresting people for saying some childish things the police would actually do their jobs and arrest people for breaking the law.

Another disturbing day for our country http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-19059127

17 year old boy arrested for tweeting to Tom Daley that "he let his father down." Horrible thing to say but to be arrested for it is just crazy.

I hate nanny states. I empathise with you, Australia is turning into one as well (thanks Ms. Gillard).

Feel Obama will & should be re-elected, could care less right now bout drone attacks, yes they mis-fire and kill innocent people but they are gettin the job done against Al-Qaeda.

all im for right now is doestic affairs, and boosting our econmy. we worry wayy too much about foreign relations, and what goin on in frnce, thailand, russia, yes its important but we gota protect hime first. If obama can win re-election we will prob re-gain control in senats, and house. Obama has ben wayy to cautious of other people's views and oer-protective for his hope of being eleceted again. nw he can wat-evs and push his policies through.

we need to re-educate labor force for the jobs that have gone to china are never coming back. invest even more in education, produce more and more cases to IWC against China, not only becaus we have been winning so many of the cases but becasue it sets more even playing field and so what if China are growing, we have to stand up to them too. raise taxes on rich, i mean why the hell is Warren Buffet payin 15% taxes and the ever shrinking middle class 20%!?!?!? (yes it abama's fault to a tee, but when/if he gets second term he needs to change it.)

theres sooooo much more, but thats just for starters, i can write whole book on why wall-street needs regulation but i'll spare the boredum, hahahahaha

Feel Obama will & should be re-elected, could care less right now bout drone attacks, yes they mis-fire and kill innocent people but they are gettin the job done against Al-Qaeda.

I think you'd feel differently if those innocent people were Americans or even Europeans. On any account, the "job" is much more complicated than the western media makes it out to be, because the USA-Al Qaeda relationship is very difficult to understand. For example, right now, while the US is fighting Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, they are at the same time heavily arming and funding them in Syria.

I think you'd feel differently if those innocent people were Americans or even Europeans. On any account, the "job" is much more complicated than the western media makes it out to be, because the USA-Al Qaeda relationship is very difficult to understand. For example, right now, while the US is fighting Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, while they are at the same time heavily arming and funding them in Syria.

Not to mention the fact that Al Qaeda isn't even that strong anymore. Well in comparison to a decade or two ago. The ends do not justify the means with these predator drones. What is the point of their existence is they attack both military enemies and civillians? Shouldn't the protection of civillains be prioritised over the elimination of foe?