Spike

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

That's because black guys have the worst hair texture imaginable. The way it grows causes ingrown hairs to develop very easily. The hair follicle is so different to the point that black men should (often don't because they don't know) use different shaving techniques and different razor blades. The closer the shave (i.e. more blades in the razor) the worse the bumps will be.

Racist!! Burn the intolerant heretic! :middlefinger:

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Inuits are East Asians that crossed the land bridge during the last ice age right? That would explain it. We cant grow beards for shit.:(

Having to shave every other day though does seem like it would suck though. A lot of black guys I know get bumps on their face from it.

I think that's right, Inuits and Native Americans

7 hours ago, Spike said:

That's because black guys have the worst hair texture imaginable. The way it grows causes ingrown hairs to develop very easily. The hair follicle is so different to the point that black men should (often don't because they don't know) use different shaving techniques and different razor blades. The closer the shave (i.e. more blades in the razor) the worse the bumps will be.

The curse of having cool curly hair:lol:

6 hours ago, lucio said:

I think that's right, Inuits and Native Americans

The further down they go they start to look different, but the Inuit of Canada could pass for people in North China/Mongolia today.

112ba7cb7200e85ccfc9bbf5152281b5.jpg

Thanks for making me want to visit Iqaluit now:lol:

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Election day in The Netherlands,

VVD will win. Mark Rutte will remain prime-minister and nothing will change.

But I don't really care. I'm not going to vote as I plan to leave the Netherlands in the near future. 

And go where?

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Anywhere but Holland 

Don't come to Romania, mate :D

It's funny how everyone thinks that their country is a shithole nowadays. Maybe it's because we pay too much attention to the bad stuff happening and put too less effort into trying to make things better for us.

8 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Don't come to Romania, mate :D

It's funny how everyone thinks that their country is a shithole nowadays. Maybe it's because we pay too much attention to the bad stuff happening and put too less effort into trying to make things better for us.

Lol this is something I have noticed too.  I wonder how much of it is reality, and how much of it is a false reality created by nostalgia. My little sister bailed on America last year and her speech is the same way as everybody else who wants out of their nation.

I am impressed by her though. I just knew she would be home after christmas, but we are halfway through March and she is pushing on. Even said she had no intention of coming back here when I finally worked up enough courage to ask her about it monday:lol:

6 hours ago, Spike said:

@xPetrCechx @CHOULO19

Is what I've read concerning the Palestine controlled town of Bethlehem correct? That the Christian majority population has largely been reduced over the last twenty years due to 'cleansing'?

No.

EDIT: I don't mean to be dry with my answer, but what a weird thing to be concerned with. Even if it were true, which it is not if you ask almost any of the Palestinian Christians living in Bethlehem, it would be at most a local issue of the two; Why in the world would it be an international concern.

Think about it, there are Palestinian Christians living in Bethlehem who are living under Israeli apartheid law just like their Muslim countrymen in Bethlehem and everywhere else in the West Bank, but people's concern is that Muslims are starting to outnumber Christians in the city? That is some strong propaganda...

This is what Christmas looks like for Christians in Bethlehem trying to reach Jerusalem, but sure it's the Muslim Palestinians oppressing them...

12 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

No.

EDIT: I don't mean to be dry with my answer, but what a weird thing to be concerned with. Even if it were true, which it is not if you ask almost any of the Palestinian Christians living in Bethlehem, it would be at most a local issue of the two; Why in the world would it be an international concern.

Think about it, there are Palestinian Christians living in Bethlehem who are living under Israeli apartheid law just like their Muslim countrymen in Bethlehem and everywhere else in the West Bank, but people's concern is that Muslims are starting to outnumber Christians in the city? That is some strong propaganda...

This is what Christmas looks like for Christians in Bethlehem trying to reach Jerusalem, but sure it's the Muslim Palestinians oppressing them...

I was more curious as to why Muslims are outnumbering the old majority. Read somewhere it was from 'ethnic cleansing', which I had my doubts about. I couldn't find any reports on fleeing Palestinian Christians or whatever as English sources are scarce.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

I was more curious as to why Muslims are outnumbering the old majority. Read somewhere it was from 'ethnic cleansing', which I had my doubts about. I couldn't find any reports on fleeing Palestinian Christians or whatever as English sources are scarce.

A few reasons, and a warning this may be well out of your region of interest as it's mostly dull and unimportant history:

Firstly, and this is true for Christians in most of the 'Larger Syria' (Syria, Lebanon, Palestine. Jordan) not just Palestine, but Muslims have more kids. Actually now it's starting to even out in most places but in the past couple of hundreds of years, Muslims were known to have more kids than Christians in the region. The main reason for that is that one of the main methods the French and the Brits used to infiltrate the Ottoman empire was through missionaries and groups sent to 'protect' the Christian minorities in the region. In practice they played on stirring up religious and sectarian tensions between the citizens and encouraged the independence of the region. Basically anything to weaken the Ottoman rule. But one of the effects this had is bringing some of the European social and cultural influences (as well as wealth) to just the Christians of the region. That affected everything from education levels to birth rates and even language. To this day, if you walk down most higher-class Christian majority neighborhoods in Lebanon you'll rarely hear a word spoken that is not in French.

Secondly, just like everyone else living under occupation and apartheid in the West Bank, a large percentage of the citizens of Bethlehem seek immigration because of the practically hopeless situation they live in. The difference is that Christian Palestinians are A LOT more likely to be granted immigration (particularly by Scandinavian countries like Denmark and Sweden). This has been true for decades and the (conspiracy) theory is that it is aimed at slowly getting rid of Palestinian Christians as much as possible so that the Palestinian struggle can be misrepresented as a Muslim-Jewish conflict. The theory comes from the tactic that Palestinian Christians are incredible rarely, if ever, allowed to be mentioned in Western/English discourse when talking about the Palestinian struggle. Even if you read this nonsense about them being 'cleansed' by Muslims (which I have a bit) there is never any mention that the Christians in question are Palestinian, nor is any of them actually ever interviewed or asked about what they think about it.

Of course the reality is much more complex, but that is basically the gist of it from what I know. 

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

A few reasons, and a warning this may be well out of your region of interest as it's mostly dull and unimportant history:

Firstly, and this is true for Christians in most of the 'Larger Syria' (Syria, Lebanon, Palestine. Jordan) not just Palestine, but Muslims have more kids. Actually now it's starting to even out in most places but in the past couple of hundreds of years, Muslims were known to have more kids than Christians in the region. The main reason for that is that one of the main methods the French and the Brits used to infiltrate the Ottoman empire was through missionaries and groups sent to 'protect' the Christian minorities in the region. In practice they played on stirring up religious and sectarian tensions between the citizens and encouraged the independence of the region. Basically anything to weaken the Ottoman rule. But one of the effects this had is bringing some of the European social and cultural influences (as well as wealth) to just the Christians of the region. That affected everything from education levels to birth rates and even language. To this day, if you walk down most higher-class Christian majority neighborhoods in Lebanon you'll rarely hear a word spoken that is not in French.

Secondly, just like everyone else living under occupation and apartheid in the West Bank, a large percentage of the citizens of Bethlehem seek immigration because of the practically hopeless situation they live in. The difference is that Christian Palestinians are A LOT more likely to be granted immigration (particularly by Scandinavian countries like Denmark and Sweden). This has been true for decades and the (conspiracy) theory is that it is aimed at slowly getting rid of Palestinian Christians as much as possible so that the Palestinian struggle can be misrepresented as a Muslim-Jewish conflict. The theory comes from the tactic that Palestinian Christians are incredible rarely, if ever, allowed to be mentioned in Western/English discourse when talking about the Palestinian struggle. Even if you read this nonsense about them being 'cleansed' by Muslims (which I have a bit) there is never any mention that the Christians in question are Palestinian, nor is any of them actually ever interviewed or asked about what they think about it.

Of course the reality is much more complex, but that is basically the gist of it from what I know. 

Thanks, very insightful. In layman's terms, the Palestine Christians have simple fled and been out-bred by the Muslims. Fairly simple, reasoning. It's funny, I didn't even know there was a significant population of Christians that are Palestinian. 

Do the French speakers have a cultural superiority complex?

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Thanks, very insightful. In layman's terms, the Palestine Christians have simple fled and been out-bred by the Muslims. Fairly simple, reasoning. It's funny, I didn't even know there was a significant population of Christians that are Palestinian. 

Do the French speakers have a cultural superiority complex?

Big time. And probably worse, the non French speakers have a cultural inferiority complex..