Spike

Welcome terrorists, Europe greets you with open arms!

I don't think our "leaders" realize we're at war. Somebody should explain to them what "infiltration" means. It's a common tactic used in every type of war, somebody send Merkel and co a link to the wikipedia page. This is now probably the biggest and deadliest case of infiltration tactics used by people who have no morals or rules. I'm just glad I live in a pointless country who nobody cares about, but our "leaders" are doing everything in their power to paint a target on our backs by brown nosing USA.

Fuck islam. Fuck all religion. I can't believe modern people, who should be more intelligent than thousands of years ago, are still following fucking moronic ancient fairy tale books and bringing it as excuse for such actions.

1 hour ago, Weckerz said:

I feel bad for the millions of peaceful muslims who have to keep enduring these attacks in the name of their faith.

Europeans are getting angry, the coming years are gonna get very ugly

Can you explain to me the religion of Islam?

Because I keep hearing confusing answers.

One says it's a peaceful religion, others says it's a war like religion.

So what is it?

Is it true that Islam talks about beheading the infidel? Is it true that they want to kills Jews? Is it true that they hate Israel and Zionism and thus want to destroy the country?

Are all these affirmation true? Or just a bunch a lie?

Some clarification would be amazing, thanks.

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So what is it?

Is it true that Islam talks about beheading the infidel? Is it true that they want to kills Jews? Is it true that they hate Israel and Zionism and thus want to destroy the country?

That's like asking "Is it true that all Indians hate the color blue?"

You want Islam, to be one thing so you can have an easy time making generalizations about it. However, reality always resists simplicity. Nothing is ever just one thing, certainly not a religion of a billion and a half human beings.

The answer to all of the questions in your post is that you'll find all sorts of varying opinions and beliefs among Muslims on all of those issues.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to to deal with the complexity of treating every single person of the Muslim faith based on their individual merit. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

So what is it?

I'm not gonna pretend to know anything meaningful about islam, but I read just some hours ago before you posted this question, that it is a peaceful religion, but only when everybody else is muslim or under the control of islam. If that is true, then it is a typical "peace by war" type of thing that leaders for different objectives have adopted for millennias. Christianity isn't better, medieval crusades nearly wiped out our ethnic people and was a comfortable pretence to enslave nation after nation. In fact I heard some news about a study concluding that the bible contains more references to violence than quran.

Whatever way you look at it, there are not many things much more dangerous than people who think they have the right to kill for some greater good. Religion gives people a very strong sense of a "greater good" and from there on they can be very easily manipulated to do anything, and we are seeing it today and we will see it tomorrow and the day after tomorrow in newspapers, because this madness is rampant all over the world. Europe so far has gotten off lightly.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

So what is it?

I can't explain Islam I'm afraid, I know extremely little about it, as little as any other religion. I do know the Quran preaches violence towards kufar, gays and other groups, but that doesn't mean normal muslims anno 2016 embrace these medieval writings.

It's what seperates moderate muslims from salafists who want to apply these backward religious laws/guidelines on a modern society.

37 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

You want Islam, to be one thing so you can have an easy time making generalizations about it. However, reality always resists simplicity. Nothing is ever just one thing, certainly not a religion of a billion and a half human beings.

The answer to all of the questions in your post is that you'll find all sorts of varying opinions and beliefs among Muslims on all of those issues.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to to deal with the complexity of treating every single person of the Muslim faith based on their individual merit. 

Well.. Don't get me wrong but all terrorists are muslims you like it or not. As I see you are from Lebabon so you are most likely a muslim and you don't like it... I think nothing happens without a reason. Why a lot of people are afraid of muslims? Because probably every terrorist is muslim and they kill innocent people and people will always be more afraid of them than other people. And you should not blame them because what happens these days sums up everything.

1 minute ago, Tautvix said:

Well.. Don't get me wrong but all terrorists are muslims you like it or not. As I see you are from Lebabon so you are most likely a muslim and you don't like it... I think nothing happens without a reason. Why a lot of people are afraid of muslims? Because probably every terrorist is muslim and they kill innocent people and people will always be more afraid of them than other people. And you should not blame them because what happens these days sums up everything.

False on every account, my friend.

1- Under the internationally agree definition of terrorism, which is the deliberate targeting of civilians for political reasons, there are terrorists in literally every single major religion in the world, as well as among atheists.

2- Minor point, but Lebanon is NOT in a majority Muslim country. We have EIGHTEEN different major religious sects, about 44% of the population identify as Christian, and I happen to be an atheist.

3- Why are a lot of people (I assume you mean in the west) are scared of Islam? Mostly bigotry, but also a mainstream media and politicians that paint all Muslims with the same brush to create fear which they can benefit from. 

The people who are committing those terrorist acts are Muslim extremists: Several groups and militias, who have embraced the extremist Wahabi doctrine of Islam and contain members who have been radicalized for all sorts of reasons, mostly political. Those have about 30 to 40 thousand members of more than 1.5 billion Muslims. 

So yes, blaming the 1.5 billion Muslims for the acts committed by those extremists today and that are only representative of those extremists groups, is wrong and bigoted. 

57 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Every person explain things in his own way... 

Yes, of course. People interpret religion the way they like and use it the way that suits them.

It's an incredibly powerful tool that is capable of enabling a great deal of violence and disasters as it has done many times in history and is doing at the time being. But it IS still just a tool.

Even if by some magical ability you could remove religion from the world, violence and terrorism won't cease to exist because new tools would be used to enable them like we've seen nationalism do, racism do, even atheist ideologies likes Stalinism do.

Until the root causes of the problem of extremist Islamic terrorism are seriously addressed, it won't magically go away, no matter how long you sit here screaming at it till you're blue in the face. 

The reason it is so hard to define Islam or other religions is because there are many interpretations practiced by many people.

Yes, there are people who have taken the Quran and believe that homosexuality is wrong.  There are also a large number of Muslims that don't believe that.  There are lots of Atheist homophobes out there too.  Some Catholics believe abortions are wrong, some believe in a Woman's right to choose.  There are lots of people of all faiths (and non-religions people) doing horrible things.  Basically, there are lots of idiots and assholes out there.  Some of them choose to hide behind their religion in order to justify their ignorance and abhorrent actions.

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

No it ain't as you basically didn't answer the question. 

I want to know what the Bible has to say. The Bible for the islam is the Quran.

What does the issue I address being said in the book.  

There's no varying opinion just what is written. 

It's true people can interpret different passages to their liking but I'm asking plainly and simple what's written. 

Written to the question I asked. Are these allegations true? That you can actually read them plainly in these text? 

Or they just made up? 

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The reason it is so hard to define Islam or other religions is because there are many interpretations practiced by many people.

Yes, there are people who have taken the Quran and believe that homosexuality is wrong.  There are also a large number of Muslims that don't believe that.  There are lots of Atheist homophobes out there too.  Some Catholics believe abortions are wrong, some believe in a Woman's right to choose.  There are lots of people of all faiths (and non-religions people) doing horrible things.  Basically, there are lots of idiots and assholes out there.  Some of them choose to hide behind their religion in order to justify their ignorance and abhorrent actions.

Again I'm hearing about "interpretations" 

I know this all too well. But that's why I like to read for myself. 

I want to know what is written. 

Example in the bible it's written about putting to death people that brake the law. It's written and I read it myself. If you want the quotes I can bring it and you can read it for yourself. As well it's also written that those that brake the law need a sacrifice, hence why they require an animal sacrifice otherwise they die. Again this is specifically written in the bible. 

So because you need a sacrifice to forgive your "sin" of breaking the "law" this is why Jesus became a "sacrifice" to forgive everyone that "sins" for "breaking the law"

Again all this is written and it is what it is. 

Either you believe what is written verbatim or you negate that and create your own theory and hence you don't believe what it's written. 

See you can't deny what's written, the interpretation is what's different. I'm just asking for what is written. 

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Again I'm hearing about "interpretations" 

I know this all too well. But that's why I like to read for myself. 

I want to know what is written. 

Example in the bible it's written about putting to death people that brake the law. It's written and I read it myself. If you want the quotes I can bring it and you can read it for yourself. As well it's also written that those that brake the law need a sacrifice, hence why they require an animal sacrifice otherwise they die. Again this is specifically written in the bible. 

So because you need a sacrifice to forgive your "sin" of breaking the "law" this is why Jesus became a "sacrifice" to forgive everyone that "sins" for "breaking the law"

Again all this is written and it is what it is. 

Either you believe what is written verbatim or you negate that and create your own theory and hence you don't believe what it's written. 

See you can't deny what's written, the interpretation is what's different. I'm just asking for what is written. 

I can't give you a quote from the Quaran, because I have not read it.

I've also read a number of things from the old testament that leave a lot of room for interpretation.  You could also argue that whatever was written was interpreted from something else.

As for direct quotes from the Quaran, I'm not in a position to give them to you.  Maybe a muslim member of the board can help you out.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I can't give you a quote from the Quaran, because I have not read it.

I've also read a number of things from the old testament that leave a lot of room for interpretation.  You could also argue that whatever was written was interpreted from something else.

As for direct quotes from the Quaran, I'm not in a position to give them to you.  Maybe a muslim member of the board can help you out.

Like what? 

As to things writing in the old testament here's an example of the passages that I told you about transferring your sins from yourselves to the animal:

Leviticus 1 (AMPC version)

The Lord [a]called to Moses out of the Tent of Meeting, and said to him,

Say to the Israelites, When any man of you brings an offering to the Lord, you shall bring your offering of [domestic] animals from the herd or from the flock.

If his offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he shall offer a male without blemish; he shall offer it at the door of the Tent of Meeting, that he may be accepted before the Lord.

And he shall lay [both] his hands upon the head of the burnt offering [transferring symbolically his guilt to the victim], and it shall be [b]an acceptable atonement for him.

Here is what I talked about having your sin atoned for. As in the old testament you would die for almost any small thing, as that what god demanded but only a sacrifice would suffice. 

Now in the new testament Jesus died for the sins of many and thus satisfied the need for a sacrifice once and for all. 
I can also bring you that quote if you want. 

Now by bringing you the quotes I'm bringing you what's written. Not the interpretation. 
You can read for yourselves and believe what it says or totally neglect it. 
It's up to you.