Spike

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

No.

Genetic studies indicate a genetic affinity between Palestinians and other Levantine populations, as well as other Arab and Semitic groups in the Middle East and North Africa.

Historical records and later genetic studies indicate that the modern Palestinian people descend mostly from from ancient Levantines, extending back at least to the Neolithic inhabitants of the Levant, over twelve thousand years ago (when the Neolithic age began there), and likely far longer. 

They represent a highly homogeneous community who share one cultural and ethnic identity, speak Palestinian Arabic and share close religious, linguistic, and cultural practices and heritage with other Levantines (ie Syrians, Lebanese, and Jordanians).

The Neolithic age began around 12,150 years (that date is being constantly revised and narrowed to a more exact date as futher archaeological evidence is found) ago, when farming appeared in the late Epipalaeolithic Near East (including the Levant) and Mesopotamia, and later in other parts of the world. 

The Early Epipalaeolithic, also known as Kebaran (approximately 20,000 to 12,150 BP, subject to revision as futher archaeological evidence is found) followed the Upper Paleolithic Levantine Aurignacian (formerly called Antelian) period throughout the Levant.

The Levantine Aurignacian (approximately 40,000-20,000 BP, subject to revision as futher archaeological evidence is found) is an Upper Paleolithic culture of the Near-Eastern Levant that evolved from the Emiran culture.

Emiran culture (approximately 60,000–40,000 BP, subject to revision as futher archaeological evidence is found) was a culture that existed in the Levant (Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Israel, Jordan and Arabia) between the Middle Paleolithic and the Upper Paleolithic periods. It is the oldest known of the Upper Paleolithic cultures. It transitionally has no clear African progenitor. 

They were not called Palestinians though.
They were called various tribes.
It is possible Nasser did n't want them to be called anything to keep them out of Egypt.
These people were living together with the Jews but were never at peace.
Some relative peace existed under Ottoman rule.
In 1941 Hitler planned to send his fallschirmjagger there but the fallschirmjagger were decimated in Crete (Crete fall but the fallschirmjagger were destroyed).
Would have been a most daring operation since Hitler did not have naval forces, so he abandoned the idea - expected to reach there through the Egypt route.
After the war Jews and Arabs could have lived together there but the Arabs declared war. In Egypt it was still Farouk, the king, who went to war and then Nasser continued the hostilities.

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

They were not called Palestinians though.
They were called various tribes.
It is possible Nasser did n't want them to be called anything to keep them out of Egypt.
These people were living together with the Jews but were never at peace.
Some relative peace existed under Ottoman rule.
In 1941 Hitler planned to send his fallschirmjagger there but the fallschirmjagger were decimated in Crete (Crete fall but the fallschirmjagger were destroyed).
Would have been a most daring operation since Hitler did not have naval forces, so he abandoned the idea - expected to reach there through the Egypt route.
After the war Jews and Arabs could have lived together there but the Arabs declared war. In Egypt it was still Farouk, the king, who went to war and then Nasser continued the hostilities.

they are the same people

you cannot erase them

nor their incredibly long history in the region

tens of thousands of years before there was any such thing as 'Jews'

Abraham was not even born until around 1800 BC.

The Jews had not controlled the area that is Israel for over 2,000 years when they created the modern nation state of Israel in 1948.

I already have posted (multiple times, and from a Jewish source) the hsitorical Jewish population in area now called Israel. 200 years ago it was less than 10,000, 500 years ago it was 5,000 or so. 

In 1882 it was around 24,000.

At the end of WWI, it was 60,000 (versus 600,000 non jews).

The zionists truly started flooding in (in ever-larger numbers) in the 20th century and took over, to disastrous effect on the non jewish population there.

They used a Bronze age religious claim to usurp land they had not controlled for over 2000 years.

69afc6ca0c06e72a3e2e66ff8b8a54ed.pnge90aaec67968696169c6e3e735a1faff.png

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they are the same people

you cannot erase them

nor their incredibly long history in the region

tens of thousands of years before there was any such thing as 'Jews'

Abraham was not even born until around 1800 BC.

The Jews had not controlled the area that is Israel for over 2,000 years when they created the modern nation state of Israel in 1948.

I already have posted (multiple times, and from a Jewish source) the hsitorical Jewish population in area now called Israel. 200 years ago it was less than 10,000, 500 years ago it was 5,000 or so. 

In 1882 it was around 24,000.

At the end of WWI, it was 60,000 (versus 600,000 non jews).

The zionists truly started flooding in (in ever-larger numbers) in the 20th century and took over, to disastrous effect on the non jewish population there.

They used a Bronze age religious claim to usurp land they had not controlled for over 2000 years.

69afc6ca0c06e72a3e2e66ff8b8a54ed.pnge90aaec67968696169c6e3e735a1faff.png

This census info obviously includes parts of Jordan and the West Bank which they were going to have but they 're not because they are going to use it as a rocket base against wafer thin Israel to the west,

Edited by cosmicway

3 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

includes parts of Jordan and the West Bank

which the hyper zionists (Bibi, Likud, and the other, even more radical parties who make up his coalition) claim is all Israel's as well (Eretz Yisrael), and have claimed it all for ages, again as has been documented here by some of us for years.

Those same hyper zionists helped nurture and fund the brutal, murderous, terrorist Hamas organisation in order to divide and conquer (Gaza played off against the West Bank, with the hyper RW zionist project's goal of taking it ALL).

You take a dog, simultaneously beat it and feed it, make it vicious AF, but still keep it fighting fit, you cannot be surprised when that dog turns on you.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

which the hyper zionists (Bibi, Likud, and the other, even more radical parties who make up his coalition) claim is all Israel's as well (Eretz Yisrael), and have claimed it all for ages, again as has been documented here by some of us for years.

Those same hyper zionists helped nurture and fund the brutal, murderous, terrorist Hamas organisation in order to divide and conquer (Gaza played off against the West Bank, with the hyper RW zionist project's goal of taking it ALL).

You take a dog, simultaneously beat it and feed it, make it vicious AF, but still keep it fighting fit, you cannot be surprised when that dog turns on you.

Israel funded Hamas? So your saying that the rockets they threw on October last year was all funded by Israel? Because as far as I'm aware is by Qatar. 

And another thing if Gaza at this moment is dying of food and all that stuff, how come Hamas has not died of this? Where they getting their food? Unless they are stealing the Palestinian aid. 

One year and Hamas still alive and fighting. Insane help they are getting if you ask me. 

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

It is not conspirarcy theory in the slightest.

It is global systems analysis.

It is based entirely upon facts on the ground and actual outcomes.

Massive debts at all levels (from public to private), brutal austerity regimes, crisis/disaster capitalism, and the economic disempowerment of nation states' sovereignty via banking systemic interlocks are entirely real manifestations.

Ludicrous to try and claim otherwise.

Analysis by who? A conspiracy theory that hates USA and Israel. 

That analysis does not hold water in El Salvador. I don't see the baking systemic interlocks there?

Or say Ecuador, I don't see baking systemic interlock there. 

What about Haiti? 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Israel funded Hamas? So your saying that the rockets they threw on October last year was all funded by Israel? Because as far as I'm aware is by Qatar. 

And another thing if Gaza at this moment is dying of food and all that stuff, how come Hamas has not died of this? Where they getting their food? Unless they are stealing the Palestinian aid. 

One year and Hamas still alive and fighting. Insane help they are getting if you ask me. 

Number one, before all else, I am NOT, have never been, and never will be pro Hamas.

I am NOT accusing you of saying I am, I just want to make that clear for all here (yet again).

I also am NOT anti Jewish, hell, I myself am of partial Portuguese Sepahrdic Jewish descent in my make-up, on my mum's side (along with a lot of other backgrounds, black sub-Saharan African, English, Scottish, Swedish (half, my father is all Swedish), Chinese (Han), East Indian, and Lebanese Arab). My siblings and I are like WWII in a genetic admixture, lol, all we are missing (in terms of major antagonstic elements) are Russian and Persian (that I know of).

now..............

The Netanyahu government aided in the facilitation of their funding.

(not the first time this has been posted, but it never hurts to remember)

21fd1ef468f1c7a0ce3c7608506e37f0.png

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces

The premier’s policy of treating the terror group as a partner, at the expense of Abbas and Palestinian statehood, has resulted in wounds that will take Israel years to heal from

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

By Tal Schneider 
8 October 2023, 3:58 pm

For years, the various governments led by Benjamin Netanyahu took an approach that divided power between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank — bringing Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to his knees while making moves that propped up the Hamas terror group.

The idea was to prevent Abbas — or anyone else in the Palestinian Authority’s West Bank government — from advancing toward the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Thus, amid this bid to impair Abbas, Hamas was upgraded from a mere terror group to an organization with which Israel held indirect negotiations via Egypt, and one that was allowed to receive infusions of cash from abroad.

Hamas was also included in discussions about increasing the number of work permits Israel granted to Gazan laborers, which kept money flowing into Gaza, meaning food for families and the ability to purchase basic products.

Israeli officials said these permits, which allow Gazan laborers to earn higher salaries than they would in the enclave, were a powerful tool to help preserve calm.

Toward the end of Netanyahu’s fifth government in 2021, approximately 2,000-3,000 work permits were issued to Gazans. This number climbed to 5,000 and, during the Bennett-Lapid government, rose sharply to 10,000.

F230927CG101.jpg

Since Netanyahu returned to power in January 2023, the number of work permits has soared to nearly 20,000.

Additionally, since 2014, Netanyahu-led governments have practically turned a blind eye to the incendiary balloons and rocket fire from Gaza.

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

Most of the time, Israeli policy was to treat the Palestinian Authority as a burden and Hamas as an asset. Far-right MK Bezalel Smotrich, now the finance minister in the hardline government and leader of the Religious Zionism party, said so himself in 2015.

According to various reports, Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2019, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.

While Netanyahu does not make these kind of statements publicly or officially, his words are in line with the policy that he implemented.

The same messaging was repeated by right-wing commentators, who may have received briefings on the matter or talked to Likud higher-ups and understood the message.

Bolstered by this policy, Hamas grew stronger and stronger until Saturday, Israel’s “Pearl Harbor,” the bloodiest day in its history — when terrorists crossed the border, slaughtered hundreds of Israelis and kidnapped an unknown number under the cover of thousands of rockets fired at towns throughout the country’s south and center.

The country has known attacks and wars, but never on such a scale in a single morning.

One thing is clear: The concept of indirectly strengthening Hamas — while tolerating sporadic attacks and minor military operations every few years — went up in smoke Saturday.

Just a few days ago, Assaf Pozilov, a reporter for the Kan public broadcaster, tweeted the following: “The Islamic Jihad organization has started a noisy exercise very close to the border, in which they practiced launching missiles, breaking into Israel and kidnapping soldiers.”

The difference between Islamic Jihad and Hamas doesn’t matter much at this point. As far as the State of Israel is concerned, the territory is under the control of Hamas, and it is responsible for all the training and activities there.

Hamas became stronger and used the auspices of peace that Israelis so longed for as cover for its training, and hundreds of Israelis have paid with their lives for this massive omission.

The terror inflicted on the civilian population in Israel is so enormous that the wounds from it will not heal for years, a challenge compounded by the dozens abducted into Gaza.

Judging by the way Netanyahu has managed Gaza in the last 13 years, it is not certain that there will be a clear policy going forward.

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Number one, before all else, I am NOT, have never been, and never will be pro Hamas.

I am NOT accusing you of saying I am, I just want to make that clear for all here (yet again).

I also am NOT anti Jewish, hell, I myself am of partial Portuguese Sepahrdic Jewish descent in my make-up, on my mum's side (along with a lot of other backgrounds, black sub-Saharan African, English, Scottish, Swedish (half, my father is all Swedish), Chinese (Han), East Indian, and Lebanese Arab). My siblings and I are like WWII in a genetic admixture, lol, all we are missing (in terms of major antagonstic elements) are Russian and Persian (that I know of).

Thanks for this, not needed but good to know. 

The idea was to prevent Abbas — or anyone else in the Palestinian Authority’s West Bank government — from advancing toward the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Based on this article it appears that Netanyahu and his team does not want a two state solution. So if that is true a two state solution will never happen under him, but he is human. One day he will die and someone else will take his place. The two state solution will happen in the future. 

Thus, amid this bid to impair Abbas, Hamas was upgraded from a mere terror group to an organization with which Israel held indirect negotiations via Egypt, and one that was allowed to receive infusions of cash from abroad.

This sounds a lot of like Obama doing the deal with Iran and them getting money.....Besides the interest they hope peace will happen. 

Hamas was also included in discussions about increasing the number of work permits Israel granted to Gazan laborers, which kept money flowing into Gaza, meaning food for families and the ability to purchase basic products.

This is good and bad. Good that lets economy flow into Gaza, but the problem is what happen last year. If they are not for peace they will eventually turn their back against you. 

We can try our best to help people, improve their economy, but if hatred is deep in them a long lasting peace will never happen. 

Toward the end of Netanyahu’s fifth government in 2021, approximately 2,000-3,000 work permits were issued to Gazans. This number climbed to 5,000 and, during the Bennett-Lapid government, rose sharply to 10,000.

A new government increase these work permit in hope to "help" the Gaza people. 

Meanwhile, Israel has allowed suitcases holding millions in Qatari cash to enter Gaza through its crossings since 2018, in order to maintain its fragile ceasefire with the Hamas rulers of the Strip.

A sort of convenience because from this it seems they want to maintain some sort of peace. But yeah Qatari giving money......

One thing is clear: The concept of indirectly strengthening Hamas — while tolerating sporadic attacks and minor military operations every few years — went up in smoke Saturday.

Again this is the same strategy USA is doing with Iran. One day it will backfire against us as well. And why? for USA is because we want peace, but the other side hatred is there and they will wait for the right moment to attack, as happen here. With Israel I see two things based on this article, 1 the desire not to let a two state solution happen and 2 to try to have some sort of peace. Which backfire on them. 

I feel like after Israel finish with their wars Netanyahu will eventually be question by their own government. He will have to face the consequences.  

Edited by Fernando

Here is a RW historian's hot take on the election (MAGA bro Larry Schweikart, who has pushed disinfo in the past, but of course that did not stop Trump from appointing him to the Board of Directors of the National Board for Education Sciences, which advises leaders of the Department of Education's research division.) 

(I believe, atm, it is massively overly-optimistic for Trump):

https://open.substack.com/pub/theliberalpatriot/p/how-harris-wins?r=21qpx&utm_campaign=comment-list-share-cta&utm_medium=web&comments=true&commentId=73622798

First, the early vote/ballot request has just destroyed traditional Democrat "firewalls" in NC, NV, PA, and AZ.

In some ways, these elections are already locked up. The only question is that of margin.

In NV for example, in 2020 Ds had an early vote advantage of 40,000 to win by 33,000 in an election rife with fraud. Now? They are basically tied, plus or minus 1400. Once the Trump "underpoll" factors in, and the advantage Trump has in pulling Ds (over Harris's inability to pull any Rs at all except Liz Cheney), Trump will win NV by about 40-60,000 votes. (When John Ralston has give up in NV, you know it's over) Pretty sure Rs took Clark Co early vote yesterday.

In GA, the black vote has completely tanked. "Souls to the Polls" was a disaster. You are looking at about a 5-point drop from 2020 in black vote, BUT about a 5-point increase in the white vote. Trump will win GA by 4.5 to 5.

NC is not close at all. Despite the claims the hurricane would hit the western party, they are turning out en masse. NC is looking to be Trump +4, again especially given the huge gap in increased white vote/decreased black vote.

AZ has been long gone for Harris. Rs have a fluctuating 25,000-35,000 early vote lead but again in AZ many Ds will vote Trump, and very few Rs will be voting Harris. FL is going to come in as I predicted, Trump +10.

And there were actually people saying FL and TX would be close. The most interesting is PA, where early on Ds were saying that a "firewall" of 200,000 net early vote advantage would do it.

That was quickly moved to 400,000, then 600,000. Yesterday pollster Rich Baris put the number at 800,000. Hard to do when Rs keep gaining in every single new data drop.

Trump is on target to carry PA by 150,000 votes even after shenanigans or the "Margin of Fraud."

VA is now turning competitive. Harris had to move more $ there. Right now it's about a 5- point race, but as in PA, every single new vote drop has Rs slightly gaining. If this is within 2 on election day, Trump will narrowlly eke this one out too.

Both MI and WI are polling Trump +1, MI with the last three state pollsters. (Baris too, as with Trafalgar). WI is about the same, most pollsters having this Trump +1. WI is much more likely to turn out a rural red wave than MI, so it's not unlikely Trump wins the state by 1.5.

Significantly, Harris withdrew all advertising from Milwaukee after early ballot requests from the red rurals came in extremely high.

This election today is Trump 312 EVs and a 1 point pop vote victory. But it easily can do a Jimmy Carter and spiral into a 340 EV victory and 1.5 popular vote, because even NY and CA are showing 5-10 point rightward movement in voter registrations.

There is not one chance in a million Harris wins this.

end

I think he is full of shit (I am NOT making a call yet as to who wins, but when this bloke, for instance, starts claiming VA goes to Trump, he is just spewing bollocks).

IF this asshat is actually correct, the Republicans will also easily win the House and the Senate and then it's 'hold onto your collective arse' time for the planet.

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

This sounds a lot of like Obama doing the deal with Iran and them getting money

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s mistold tale of Obama and Iran

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-ap-top-news-tehran-barack-obama-john-kerry-f53aeebcb0f64b76a2e2a54b2b002dad

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Monday assailed the Obama administration for being hoodwinked by Iran, making his case with a frequently told and false story about the U.S. giving billions of dollars to Tehran.

In an extended news conference with French President Emmanuel Macron and other remarks at the G-7 summit, Trump also asserted inaccurately that the U.S. has the cleanest air, as well as energy riches that only he brought to life. Many countries outperform the U.S. on measures of air quality. Energy production surged under President Barack Obama.

Here’s a look at some of Trump’s statements and how they compare with the facts:

IRAN

TRUMP on Iran: “We gave them $150 billion and $1.8 billion and we got nothing. ... Look at what they did to John Kerry and to President Obama. Look what happened, where they’re bringing planeloads of cash, planeloads, big planes, 757s, Boeing 757s coming in loaded up with cash. What kind of a deal is that?” — news conference with Macron.

THE FACTS: It’s the kind of deal that did not actually take place.

When Iran signed the multinational deal to restrain its nuclear development in return for being freed from sanctions, it regained access to its own assets, which had been frozen abroad. There was no $150 billion gift from the U.S. treasury or other countries. Iran was allowed to get its money back.

The $1.8 billion refers to a separate matter, also misstated by the president going back to before the 2016 election.

A payout of roughly that amount did come from the U.S. treasury. It was to pay an old IOU.

In the 1970s, Iran paid the U.S. $400 million for military equipment that was never delivered because the government was overthrown and diplomatic relations ruptured. After the nuclear deal, the U.S. and Iran announced they had settled the matter, with the U.S. agreeing to pay the $400 million principal along with about $1.3 billion in interest.

The $400 million was paid in cash and flown to Tehran on a cargo plane. The arrangement provided for the interest to be paid later.

In Trump’s telling, one cargo plane with $400 million that was owed to Iran has become “big planes, 757s, Boeing 757s,” loaded with a $1.8 billion giveaway.

snip

I will add:

Trump withdrew from the Iran nuclear agreement in May 2018. Following the death of General Qassem Soleimani, an Iranian military commander, in a U.S. drone strike in January 2020 that was authorized by Trump, Iran said that it would no longer abide by the terms of the agreement, which they were adhering to up until that point in time. Trump's own actions have caused Iran to re-start their nuclear programme.

The power of the Zionist lobby ''its anti semitic''

Big Brother removes ITV episode to edit out housemate’s pro-Palestine T-shirt

Contestant Ali Bromley, 38, who is a forensic psychologist, wore a top depicting a map of Israel as a watermelon on the show’s Tuesday, 22 October episode.

The symbol, which is in the colours of the Palestinian flag, has become associated with the pro-Palestine movement amid the ongoing Gaza conflict, which has killed more than 42,000 people.

The Big Brother contestant’s outfit choice quickly caused outrage, with The Campaign Against Antisemitism complaining to Ofcom, saying: “How is this becoming the norm?”

It continued: “This graphic has caused significant distress among the British Jewish community, who regard it as a genocidal message

ITV quickly edited the footage to make her T Shirt just plain black

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

How can they be neck and neck ? Harris must be really shit or there's a lot of people voting Trump for a laugh/popcorn time.

Its mental to have the thick cunt for another four years

Hundreds of millions of dollars in key swing state RW attack adverts pushing pure lies, scare tactics, fear of 'the other', racial grievances, raw open racism and misogyny, xenophobia, and also focusing on economic anxiety (a huge one, and often employing flat-out false statements about Trump's actual record, such as saying even before Covid tanked the economy he has the lowest inflation rates ever, which is laughable, as they were lower under Obama for years).

Plus the firehoses of falsehoods  and hate spewing from social media and other RW media outlets, aided this time around by AI and millions of bots, plus malign foreign actors joining in on the shitbaggery.

I am a very critical (by nature) person, and yet I really cannot find fault to any sort of significant degree with how Harris has run her campaign. I think she has been superb (shocked me overall TBH).

If she loses there really is not much more of major import and impact she could have done.

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The power of the Zionist lobby ''its anti semitic''

Big Brother removes ITV episode to edit out housemate’s pro-Palestine T-shirt

Contestant Ali Bromley, 38, who is a forensic psychologist, wore a top depicting a map of Israel as a watermelon on the show’s Tuesday, 22 October episode.

The symbol, which is in the colours of the Palestinian flag, has become associated with the pro-Palestine movement amid the ongoing Gaza conflict, which has killed more than 42,000 people.

The Big Brother contestant’s outfit choice quickly caused outrage, with The Campaign Against Antisemitism complaining to Ofcom, saying: “How is this becoming the norm?”

It continued: “This graphic has caused significant distress among the British Jewish community, who regard it as a genocidal message

ITV quickly edited the footage to make her T Shirt just plain black

hamster-triggered.gif

74b1feef9021a32546333a9ce27d6ef6.pngGampr0AX0AEU8qz?format=jpg&name=900x900

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Hundreds of millions of dollars in key swing state RW attack adverts pushing pure lies, scare tactics, fear of 'the other', racial grievances, raw open racism and misogyny, xenophobia, and also focusing on economic anxiety (a huge one, and often employing flat-out false statements about Trump's actual record, such as saying even before Covid tanked the economy he has the lowest inflation rates ever, which is laughable, as they were lower under Obama for years).

Plus the firehoses of falsehoods  and hate spewing from social media and other RW media outlets, aided this time around by AI and millions of bots, plus malign foreign actors joining in on the shitbaggery.

I am a very critical (by nature) person, and yet I really cannot find fault to any sort of significant degree with how Harris has run her campaign. I think she has been superb (shocked me overall TBH).

If she loses there really is not much more of major import and impact she could have done.

Yes and a large dose of racism and misogyny as well probably