Should Mata play vs Barca

The whole world knows what chelsea is gonna do at nou camp.

Do you really think mata should play against them at nou camp?

Would like to have a constructive discussion..

As you noticed today, he had to defend all the time and got little of the ball to even try starting a counter..

Most often we ll have to start it from whoever wins the tackle and i feel it will bypass the mild field...

Tackle won---> drogba--->ramires/kalou

OR

Tackle won---> ramires/kalou--->drogba..

I would prefer torres/kalou on the right wing(as they are faster_better at defending)..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole world knows what chelsea is gonna do at nou camp.

Do you really think mata should play against them at nou camp?

Would like to have a constructive discussion..

As you noticed today, he had to defend all the time and got little of the ball to even try starting a counter..

Most often we ll have to start it from whoever wins the tackle and i feel it will bypass the mild field...

Tackle won---> drogba--->ramires/kalou

OR

Tackle won---> ramires/kalou--->drogba..

I would prefer torres/kalou on the right wing(as they are faster_better at defending)..

I would start Kalou instead of Mata simply because Kalou is fantastic at tracking back and defending. and Lampard to spray the passes around. If we are chasing the game, I would play Mata and Torres in place of Meireles and Kalou.

Yeah same here (kalou over Mata) we were always that Stoke matchup when pitted against barca but with Mata we lose that edge and gain really not too much. Kalou canget his tap ins but Maya needs time and touches on ball something drogba and frank showed they don't need to be effective. Would like to see romeu/wish we had other dm, to sure it defense but anyway we'll do with wat we got!!

Time for fukin 2nd leg already!!!!!

i would say play sturridge instead of mata. we didn't have a RM yesterday. But only after Sturridge is forced to accept that he should get back to defend. Just yell at him all day -"get back get bback get back" and he would do better than kalou in forward runs because adriano at LB can be stretched

I wouldnt play Studge. He's still young, and he's still selfish and, defensively, he's a liability. Mata, on the other hand, HAS to play, but in the right position, which is in the middle where he can create and produce. this would mean either Meireles or Mikel has to sit but we can't get rid of them because we need defensive minded players seeing as how its Barcelona. This is why Mata played out wide in the 1st leg. He doesn't defend as well as Raul or Mikel, of even Lampard so he can't play in the middle. He's also not as productive playing out wide but he can still create magic every now and then, thats why you don't keep him on the bench.

I'd still keep Drogba in the line up next time too over Torres. You can't use pace to beat Barca because Barca had nothing but pace. You need physicality and strength. That Barca back line were afraid of Drogba yesterday because of that.

Play Mata again. He couldn't get in attack so often because they had the ball more time. Only man that did in attack was Ramires and Drogba. Ramires because of his stamina and pace, Drogba because of his strength. Mata closed down the opponent and did run, he was substituted because there is match against Arsenal on Saturday. Mata is the only one in squad with flair and can be very important next week.

KTBFFH

I would play him for sure.

Kalou might be better at tracking back, but he's not that much better that it would make me foresee just how much more impact Mata can have in a game of such few chances. Also, Mata just cause who he is, will keep a couple of their defenders worried too, whereas with Kalou they might as well not even bother defending him and really overload. You don't want to invite too much pressure now.

We also have to score an away goal. Can't be going ultra-defensive, cause you can't expect a clean sheet a Camp Nou.

I wouldnt play Studge. He's still young, and he's still selfish and, defensively, he's a liability. Mata, on the other hand, HAS to play, but in the right position, which is in the middle where he can create and produce. this would mean either Meireles or Mikel has to sit but we can't get rid of them because we need defensive minded players seeing as how its Barcelona. This is why Mata played out wide in the 1st leg. He doesn't defend as well as Raul or Mikel, of even Lampard so he can't play in the middle. He's also not as productive playing out wide but he can still create magic every now and then, thats why you don't keep him on the bench.

I'd still keep Drogba in the line up next time too over Torres. You can't use pace to beat Barca because Barca had nothing but pace. You need physicality and strength. That Barca back line were afraid of Drogba yesterday because of that.

We dont need to create or produce. We just need to set up Camp at Nou Camp.

I would play him for sure.

Kalou might be better at tracking back, but he's not that much better that it would make me foresee just how much more impact Mata can have in a game of such few chances. Also, Mata just cause who he is, will keep a couple of their defenders worried too, whereas with Kalou they might as well not even bother defending him and really overload. You don't want to invite too much pressure now.

We also have to score an away goal. Can't be going ultra-defensive, cause you can't expect a clean sheet a Camp Nou.

It gives you a food for thought. Mata can defend---> Win Ball---> set up counter attack with one incisive pass while Kalou isnt great at doing the latter but is better at defending and tracking back.

Priority is to not to concede therefore I say kalou.

--------------------------------Cech------------------------------

Ivanovic-----------------Cahill-----Terry-----------------Cole

----------------------------------Mikel-----------------------------

--Kalou---------Lampard-------------Meireless---Ramirez--

---------------------------------Drogba---------------------------

It gives you a food for thought. Mata can defend---> Win Ball---> set up counter attack with one incisive pass while Kalou isnt great at doing the latter but is better at defending and tracking back.

Plus, not like Mata got exposed or was a liability defensively today, so I see no reason to want to upgrade our defense. Plus he's on the wing which makes more of a case why we should play him on the chance he creates magic.

Honestly, Mata has to play. I know we would be parking bus at Nou Camp however we need to also remember that Chelsea needs that all important away goal to have a fighting chance. Like someone pointed play Mata in the center, i second that. And more over, Mata has that frighten acceleration which would always come in handy on the counter. Plus you need your best players on the pitch to fight the best in the world.

Next match RDM will be put to test once again on his team selection.

I would certainly like to see Sturridge play ... yes we need to play Mata in Camp Nou we can't sit and defend for 90 mins ... take the lead,sit and defend ... barca will sure score a goal or two and we go through in away goal difference :)

I'd play:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Essien

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba

In a predominantly 4-5-1 system. Ramires and Malouda are our most athletic wing players, and Malouda's defensive discipline and understanding with Cole is very, very good.