Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19
Followers 6

Just now, Jason said:

Not sure any manager of the 12 clubs would speak against it, TBH, now that it's out there. 

But it would be interesting to hear Klopp's thoughts later.

Money talks lol

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

There is much need. Much need indeed. Liverpool fans have to be the most annoying, entitled bunch of twats to exist. A little dose of this reality would serve them well if they weren't so delusional.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Ah well. If it happens, what a great way for City, us and Real to say fuck you to the players and their efforts this season basically... may as well stop playing the remaining games as they wont account for anything next season.

Edited by OneMoSalah

As much as the players are 'employees' of the clubs, it's incredibly unfair and pathetic that they get banned from playing international competitions etc for something that they were not part of in the process of forming that Super League. Why are they getting punished when the club owners were the ones that made the decision to be part of this? Club owners made the decision based on greed but the managers are the ones having to face the awkward questions in the media and the players are the ones having to face the consequences in regards to their playing career. It's a fucking joke!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

As much as the players are 'employees' of the clubs, it's incredibly unfair and pathetic that they get banned from playing international competitions etc for something that they were not part of in the process of forming that Super League. Why are they getting punished when the club owners were the ones that made the decision to be part of this?

Hence why it won't stick. None of it will. The league can't afford to have the Top 6 kicked out. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Milan said:

I agree with this. 

And yes National Team sucks. I hardly watch them. 

Edited by Fernando

It still feels like this is very much a means to strong arm UEFA at present and I still think something will end up being agreed across the board. The Premier League and English football pyramid in particular cannot cope financially without the big clubs propping it up.

The only bargaining tool that UEFA currently hold is the French and German leagues turning down the proposals and it's almost certain that the likes of Bayern and Dortmund have been forced to turn it down due to their structure, otherwise they'd be in too. 

The news that Chelsea and City seem to be somewhat reluctant members is interesting because I think if any clubs were to perform a U-Turn it would be these two and UEFA would be hoping for this, but it's somewhat ironic that they're two of the clubs that in recent years UEFA have attempted to shackle and take power away from.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It still feels like this is very much a means to strong arm UEFA at present and I still think something will end up being agreed across the board. The Premier League and English football pyramid in particular cannot cope financially without the big clubs propping it up.

The only bargaining tool that UEFA currently hold is the French and German leagues turning down the proposals and it's almost certain that the likes of Bayern and Dortmund have been forced to turn it down due to their structure, otherwise they'd be in too. 

The news that Chelsea and City seem to be somewhat reluctant members is interesting because I think if any clubs were to perform a U-Turn it would be these two and UEFA would be hoping for this, but it's somewhat ironic that they're two of the clubs that in recent years UEFA have attempted to shackle and take power away from.

Mc Guire-Spuds and the gooners love this scheme. They normally have no hope in the champions league - even when they do qualify.
It does n't look good.
Even if we go along the road of pan-europeanizing the competitions, how can we possibly have 4 English teams every year, or 4 Spanish teams ?

Super League clubs net €200m-€300m welcome bonus provided by JPMorgan underwriting a €3.25b infrastructure grant that will be shared among the clubs. A source though said the payment is an advance on future revenues & would have to be repaid if any club chose to leave the ESL.

34 minutes ago, Milan said:

Just out whoever said this. No point in hiding their identity. Oh person X Y or Z said the clubs think this... also the board members who felt powerless? Isn’t it not their job to protect the clubs best interests? If they felt it wasnt within their best interests why did they not make themselves heard or oppose it? What a bunch of spineless cunts. From our board to the 11 others and particularly the ones who felt as if it was a bad idea. Just sums up modern day football. 

Wanting players to be banned from playing internationals? What a shambles. If this is the route it goes you can bet there will be lots of folk wanting out of their contracts. I hope UEFA and FIFA are strong on this. What’s the point in sport if it isn’t competitive? 12 clubs who cannot be relegated from a league? Or even if they get beat every game cannot be replaced? Glorified exhibition games.

Edited by OneMoSalah