The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think PSG have a good chance against Bayern.

Easy opponents before final, one day extra rest and great squad.

No point of playing Icardi tbh. They are better without him.

they damn well better start Verratti though

instead of Herrera

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

I think PSG have a good chance against Bayern.

Easy opponents before final, one day extra rest and great squad.

No point of playing Icardi tbh. They are better without him.

PSG's attacking players will give them a chance but can their defence and midfield - apart from Verratti - keep out Bayern? PSG haven't really been tested defensively too much by Atalanta and RB Leipzig so far. 

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Leipzig somehow get to the final, especially from this position, and win the whole damn thing, Werner might regret his decision to leave them in June and join us early. 

But he seems okay with it judging by recent IG Stories...

Thats true. Didn't think of that. Glad thats not happening now, Leipzeg are 3-0 down 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

PSG's attacking players will give them a chance but can their defence and midfield - apart from Verratti - keep out Bayern? PSG haven't really been tested defensively too much by Atalanta and RB Leipzig so far. 

They are playing with 3 midfielders who are all basically DMs so I think they could do a job. In fact I think PSG have better defense than Bayern. Alaba is not really a CB and Boateng is beyond average.

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

They are playing with 3 midfielders who are all basically DMs so I think they could do a job. In fact I think PSG have better defense than Bayern. Alaba is not really a CB and Boateng is beyond average.

But if Bayern get their pressing game spot on, they could also do a job. Plus, it's not like PSG have great defenders and they have a 36-year-old in defence.

Psg Bayern would be fun game. Both are great offensive and sometimes realy bad in defending which is perfect for a spectacle. If Bayern progress, hopefuly a two sided match with many goals and not a tactical one or one side capitulating. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Committing fouls doesn't necessarily making the game boring.

Can't remember against Atletico (don't recall the game being boring either) but Leipzig have had to commit fouls tonight because they are struggling to contain PSG.

And heck, would be nice if our team could commit fouls and show that they are not a bunch of softies! 

Rbl have been the most boring shitfest so far in the elimination rounds along with Atletico. That game was just piss so was tonight vs Psg. Lyon, Atalanta put a much much better display, not to mention Bayern and Psg.

Still insane and kinda fucked up that PSG were able to buy both Mbappe & Neymar for a combined 400m or whatever with basically no consequence. Just something about that that doesn't sit right with me.

In fact, there's something about PSG in general I just don't like. Other than Mbappe they don't have a very likable team.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Rbl have been the most boring shitfest so far in the elimination rounds along with Atletico. That game was just piss so was tonight vs Psg. Lyon, Atalanta put a much much better display, not to mention Bayern and Psg.

You said RB Leipzig and Atletico have been boring but the opposite for Lyon? They have done well to get to the semis but what's exciting about basically just sitting back and playing on the counter attack? 

Atalanta were decent in the first half against PSG but did zilch in the second and had PSG had their shooting boots on, they would have won that at a canter instead of just 2-1.

What I would say is that when you are this far in the competition, it's all about winning. If you can win it with style, then great. If not whatever. 

25 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Still insane and kinda fucked up that PSG were able to buy both Mbappe & Neymar for a combined 400m or whatever with basically no consequence. Just something about that that doesn't sit right with me.

In fact, there's something about PSG in general I just don't like. Other than Mbappe they don't have a very likable team.

I like Verratti, Di Maria,, Marquinhos, and Sarabia too, but after them, yes, not the most likeable (Neymar and Icardi (due to his whore wife) play a big role for many people)

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

yes, but Kimmich and Davies are the best two fullbacks in the world, and Bayern's MF is streets ahead of PSG's (and most other teams on the planet if KImmich is at DMF), other than Verratti

plus Pavard should be healthy for the final at RB, so you plug in Kimmich at his now normal DMF position

NEVER count out a team with both Mbappe and Neymar (if Mbappe is 100%), but multiple players on PSG are going to have to have games of their lives (or Bayern just self-destroy in a spectacular epic fail, which is extremely doubtful)

Mbappe just one game away from winning another most important trophy at the age of 21 as a star player.

Domestically he won everything. Ligue1 with two different teams actually which is pretty impressive. 

But at 21 to have World Cup and CL is amazing.

After that what is left for him to drive him forward? To catch Messi and Ronaldo records I guess. 

He has Real Madrid written all over him after PSG and he may become the best ever. Who knows how many trophies he will win in the next 15-20 years.

46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Mbappe just one game away from winning another most important trophy at the age of 21 as a star player.

Domestically he won everything. Ligue1 with two different teams actually which is pretty impressive. 

But at 21 to have World Cup and CL is amazing.

After that what is left for him to drive him forward? To catch Messi and Ronaldo records I guess. 

He has Real Madrid written all over him after PSG and he may become the best ever. Who knows how many trophies he will win in the next 15-20 years.

This getting way ahead of things, but if I was in his shoes, what would drive me is

beating Messi's Ballon d'Or record, 

beating Pele's 3 WC's (1 away from tying it at 23yo if France win 2022),

winning 3 in row WC's, 

destroying the all-time WC final goal scoring record (I could see him scoring 25+ given his age, as he might, IF he plays to 35 years of age, play in a mind-blowing FIVE WC Finals, the only way to get to SIX would have been if he had played as a 15 yo, or started at 16yo or 17yo and played until he was 36, or 37yo, and tbh, for non GKers, 34, 35 is the upper limit, except for 1 in 100,000 cases like CR7, as he will indeed play at 37 years of age in 2022, but I simply cannot see Mbappe playing in a WC final at 38 years of age, France is too much of a football factory for that to happen),

and winning more CL's than any other player in history. (he would have to go to a team like Real (most likely to do it, as they are the grand-masters of Europe by FAR in history) or, less likely, far less (here comes the hate) Bayern to do that, or a massively rejuvenated Barca)

Real are also the only team I can see Mbappe, Sancho, Håland, Camavinga (if he goes supernova like I think he can), De Ligt (or some other MONSTER CB(s) we do not know yet), Havertz (yes I know, I know, lolol), and maybe even (these two would take a massive smackdown of other global powers) Davies and TAA at over the coming 5, 6 years. Galaticos 2.0, but far younger when they bring them in probably. They really need to do that massive 1+ billion euro stadium upgrade to get revenue up to a point to do that. There will be other emergent superstars as well, that we have no clue of atm. I do not have a 10 year old to 15 year old youth player crystal ball. I fully admit that, maybe some other do, but it would be a full-time job the wrap you head even halfway (hell maybe 25%) around the global schoolboy football mise-en-scène. Technology will enable this within 10 to 15 years, I do predict though.

All that is about as 'big' as I can think, football-wise, so now you see my limits.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

You said RB Leipzig and Atletico have been boring but the opposite for Lyon? They have done well to get to the semis but what's exciting about basically just sitting back and playing on the counter attack? 

Atalanta were decent in the first half against PSG but did zilch in the second and had PSG had their shooting boots on, they would have won that at a canter instead of just 2-1.

What I would say is that when you are this far in the competition, it's all about winning. If you can win it with style, then great. If not whatever. 

Because Lyon was entertaining every time they attacked City. Its normal to defend against such team. Yet Lyon looked quick and dangerous when they went forward. If you noticed, after they scored 2nd realy quickly after conceding, actualy didnt go park the bus again, but attacked and soon scored the 3rd. 

Atalanta was very good in first half, second indeed they parked it too much. 

Meanwhile Lepizig vs Atletico. Two teams that played bunker for entire match. Neither is offensive like City or Psg, so its not like you have to be extremely defensive. Yet neither took initiative and it turned into a snoozefest. Seriously worst tactics for both. Both were counter attacking, yet there wasnt any attacks😄 And then vs Psg, again they didnt even try to score until after second half when they woke up a little. 

The last part, I give you a thumbs up. Its all about winning. But today, football is won by adventorous teams, days when inter or chelsea park the bus was successful are gone. You may win one game like that, but no more. Atleti won to Liverpool, then went out. Leipzig won to atleti like that, went out too. 

For that reason I expect Lyon wont hold Bayern because they hold City. And final will be won by a team that is not only winning, but winning in style. Its certainly possible and actualy more common these days. Real, Barca, Liverpool were all "entertaining".