The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

The Europa League gods will probably have Sevilla win the whole thing again but Inter should really win the final. Have looked solid and dangerous upfront in this mini tournament. 
Sevilla just don't seem to lose EL finals

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
4 hours ago, Jason said:
The Europa League gods will probably have Sevilla win the whole thing again but Inter should really win the final. Have looked solid and dangerous upfront in this mini tournament. 

Sevilla just don't seem to lose EL finals

Same was being said about Unai Emery and we saw to that.

Although that said i hope Sevilla's record carries on for this one, can't bring myself to root for Conte unless he's facing a rival or we need a favour.

Despite Lautaros not brilliant record, he is by far the best young striker out there. Been saying that for ages, yet people rated Icardi over him. Goals are not everything. 

He looked out of pace for a while now since barca rumours, but hopefuly he decided to stay.

Same was being said about Unai Emery and we saw to that. Although that said i hope Sevilla's record carries on for this one, can't bring myself to root for Conte unless he's facing a rival or we need a favour.

Sevilla won the Uefa Cup back to back under Juande Ramos.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Vesper said:

Pogba was a fool to leave Juve for Manure

they could have won the CL with him there, I am absolutely convinced of that

I know that is not a popular opinion, but he is such a unique talent when he is motivated

he also would have been better off at RM or Barca

Pogba is highly rated everywhere. He has best midfielder in the world talent. But I don't think he can play at maximum intensity for 90 min for 40-50 games.

Short tourney like WC is a good tournament for him. 6 games and done. 

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

seeing as I am probably going to have picked both the CL and the  EL finals pre knock out (waited for the CL drop-down to call the EL)

I am going to stick with whom I picked as the 2 winners

Bayern over PSG

Inter over Sevilla

of course that assumes the CL semis go like that

I am not sure about bayern over psg. Full team psg is very2 good. 

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

When I said back in July how Bayer will play last game of the season against Inter on August 10th you called me out for that :P

Saving them for final obvy

You got lucky... :rant:

And sure but there wasn't long left in the game.

I'm yet to see this unique talent that is Paul Pogba. I hear commentators say things like "He is unplayable on his day" problem being is that day is once every five or even ten games.

I'm not fooled, he's a luxury headache.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

most goals scored in one season ever for Inter

But I thought Conte plays boring defensive footy.........

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Lukaku and Martinez were on a hat-trick and Conte took both off. What a troll. 

He is playing it safe, no reason to take risks when they are his fire power.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I'm yet to see this unique talent that is Paul Pogba. I hear commentators say things like "He is unplayable on his day" problem being is that day is once every five or even ten games.

I simply dont rate the dude, he has flashes here and there but far far from being world class as most media and united fans would have us believe.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He can be a great player, problem is he just doesnt switch up often. Same with Ozil. Thats the modern mentality for some players. Hopefuly Havertz, RLC and James improve on that.