The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he for me is a hybrid CMF/DMF

and yes, I know Camavinga has only played in Ligue 1 as well, but I do not rate Guimarães at his level

I would not be upset if we bought him, but he is (again like Camavinga) not exactly a trad DMF

I would rather him than Ndidi I think, deffo over Dendoncker, deffo over Soumaré (who has poor defensive stats)

so yes, he can go on the list, but not over Rice

he was listed as a CMF, on the list, which is why I forgot him

With some players the effect of overrated english players is slowly getting against them. 

Rice indeed is nice talent, but many will dismiss it because he must be just another overrated englishman. 

However at the end, he is still a mid-lowtable club player with no experience. If that was in france, he would go for 20m to Lyon (lets say Leicester in PL), improve, perform in europe and then move to a top club.

However with him being in PL, he is suddenly rated at 60m+ and headed only to a top club.

Sadly thats not how a young player should progress and thats why many english players ultimately flop. The system is complete crap here. 

Richarlison is a great example of how 90% of talents usualy move in other leagues. Weird that such move was done in PL. He went from Watford to Everton and eventualy will go to a top team. Or Sancho, althrough to another league, but still to a good club thats not above his level; he is now getting steady progress. Thats how most talents in PL should be going. But no, lets inflate and overrate everything. Zaha being great example. Not so much better than Rich, but Crystal wanted 60m for him lol. Literaly all thats wrong with PL.

Yes Camavinga is linked to Real too, but hey that happens once every blue moon. In PL everyone thinks they have the next 5 Ronaldos and Maldinis in their squad every season.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

With some players the effect of overrated english players is slowly getting against them. 

Rice indeed is nice talent, but many will dismiss it because he must be just another overrated englishman. 

However at the end, he is still a mid-lowtable club player with no experience. If that was in france, he would go for 20m to Lyon (lets say Leicester in PL), improve, perform in europe and then move to a top club.

However with him being in PL, he is suddenly rated at 60m+ and headed only to a top club.

Sadly thats not how a young player should progress and thats why many english players ultimately flop. The system is complete crap here. 

Richarlison is a great example of how 90% of talents usualy move in other leagues. Weird that such move was done in PL. He went from Watford to Everton and eventualy will go to a top team. Or Sancho, althrough to another league, but still to a good club thats not above his level; he is now getting steady progress. Thats how most talents in PL should be going. But no, lets inflate and overrate everything. Zaha being great example. Not so much better than Rich, but Crystal wanted 60m for him lol. Literaly all thats wrong with PL.

Yes Camavinga is linked to Real too, but hey that happens once every blue moon. In PL everyone thinks they have the next 5 Ronaldos and Maldinis in their squad every season.

Palace wanted £80m for Zaha, lolol

what is up with that £80m figure?

Zaha

Frankenstein Maguire

Chilwell

Rice

smdh

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Palace wanted £80m for Zaha, lolol

what is up with that £80m figure?

Zaha

Frankenstein Maguire

Chilwell

Rice

smdh

Ahh 80m. Thats even worse.

How much did Bournemouth want for Fraser that was too much for all suitors?

43 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he for me is a hybrid CMF/DMF

and yes, I know Camavinga has only played in Ligue 1 as well, but I do not rate Guimarães at his level

I would not be upset if we bought him, but he is (again like Camavinga) not exactly a trad DMF

I would rather him than Ndidi I think, deffo over Dendoncker, deffo over Soumaré (who has poor defensive stats)

so yes, he can go on the list, but not over Rice

he was listed as a CMF, on the list, which is why I forgot him

Ndidi is not very comfortable on the ball especially when pressed. Teams often target him. Camavinga on the other hand can dribble his way out of trouble. Great prospect, definitely Real bound.

Also I'm a bit late but I don't think Pogba is overrated at all. Bruno Fernandes though I can't stand. United fans think he's ballon d'or material because he can dive and score penalties. Some of them genuinely believe he's better or more important than Pogba.

15 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Ndidi is not very comfortable on the ball especially when pressed. Teams often target him. Camavinga on the other hand can dribble his way out of trouble. Great prospect, definitely Real bound.

Also I'm a bit late but I don't think Pogba is overrated at all. Bruno Fernandes though I can't stand. United fans think he's ballon d'or material because he can dive and score penalties. Some of them genuinely believe he's better or more important than Pogba.

Pogba was a fool to leave Juve for Manure

they could have won the CL with him there, I am absolutely convinced of that

I know that is not a popular opinion, but he is such a unique talent when he is motivated

he also would have been better off at RM or Barca

36 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pogba was a fool to leave Juve for Manure

they could have won the CL with him there, I am absolutely convinced of that

I know that is not a popular opinion, but he is such a unique talent when he is motivated

he also would have been better off at RM or Barca

juve have turned into a joke club. Sold Cancelo. Replaced Vidal, Pogba and Pirlo with that toss of Khedira, Ramsey, Matuidi, Rabiot. The only decent was Pjanic. Buying Higuain. Benching Dybala.

Biggest mistake however was buying aging CR. He is great player, but you aint winning the CL with Matuidi, Pjanic, Rabiot, Bentancur, Khedira, Ramsey midfield man. Not to mention Danilo.

And then they spend 70m on CB where they already had Chielini and Bonucci...

They went downhill since Marotta left. And inter on other side is rising. 

Speaks volumes what means to have a capable sporting director.

Back in the day, Kenyon was the most important part of that Chelsea era. Not Roman, not Mou, not Terry, Lamps and Didi. It was Kenyon. He connected all of it together.

15 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

People in forum keep comparing to City/Liverpool right when you can laud them on their success and speak poorly about chelsea players and its manager then why is it suddenly irrelevant when you don't want it is otherwise?

I'm not quite sure what you mean but what I think is pointless and it happened with Kepa and De Gea people were saying oh well De Gea was shit when he first came to United as if that's comparable to Kepa being shit. The warped thinking was because they were both Spanish it excused Kepa's bad form and the bottom line that's been proved is they are both fucking useless.  Comparing the rights and wrongs of other clubs is pointless you concentrate on your own club's woes and shortcomings 

Pep spent this Klopp spent that who cares City can spend billions as far as I'm concerned they will always be a two bob club who 20 years ago were playing in the same league as Stockport.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

While the sentiment is true, would Duncan Castles have said the same thing had it been Mourinho instead? :carlo: 

Most likely not...his view is correct but such a bellend.....enjoy another one of united's diving boys, I think its fair to say they have been instructed to dive as much as possible.

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Most likely not...his view is correct but such a bellend.....enjoy another one of united's diving boys, I think its fair to say they have been instructed to dive as much as possible.

that little cunt always annoyed me

Manure are the most cheating team in the EPL

even more than dipperpool, and THAT is saying something, as they have the divemaster of divermasters in Salah, plus Fabinho, that dirty bastard