The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

tbf ManUre were the side with more chances but the last ditch defending from sevilla esp bono and fernando was immense. Prime Juventus reflexes. 

but english teams really have to get their shit together in skill coaching. Seeing Utd today from a footballing perspective bieng so dominated by players with far superior techique despite the millions they shed out. I understand PL is not that much about skill but players who earn and cost that much need to have european footy in the locker. 

AWB is a prime example

he is so so poor skill wise, he literally is completely one dimensional, and when he came up against a true quality LB, even his defence was a tad suspect

he is a black hole offensively, far worse than Azpi is on the right

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

it did come down to the MF

and other than Pogba, they bossed them

Pogba has a great game, but the rest of them, not at all

Fernandes has introduced even more diving culture into a team already swimming in it

Pogba is so overrated. when this was a good game by him, his standards are below knee level. Half the time pogba looks like he cant be arsed. He picks out great passes and crosses but he takes ages on the ball. always plays with 0 intensity. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Pogba is so overrated. when this was a good game by him, his standards are below knee level. Half the time pogba looks like he cant be arsed. He picks out great passes and crosses but he takes ages on the ball. always plays with 0 intensity. 

I can agree with this

Manchester United in 2019-20 (League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League) are the first ever English top-flight team to fall at the semi-final stage of three different competitions within the same campaign....

And Rio Ferdinands thoughts...short and sweet

'You don’t take ya chances you get punished. You don’t defend well you get punished. No need for insight tonight! '

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

BT Sport said "Is it lack of spending"

Scholes and Ince said they need to spend money

And MacGuire  in his interview said "We deserved to win that, we didn't deserve to lose"

No you did and you did now fuck off you horrible arse end of a club always the ones who deserve better.

lol at lack of spending

the only teams on the planet that would be more ridiculous coming from is Barca, Real, and Shitty (PSG's only truly massive spends were Mbappe and Neymar, granted that was £360m or so for two players, so I suppose toss them in too)

this doesn't include the add-ons for Mbappe, that could take it to £162m

64b0606df24fb5690599e05bcd9d9499.png

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

1 ) PL got completely schooled this season in Europe.

2.) That is, the very best teams of PL.

3.) On technical, tactical level way below other leagues.

4.) There are however lower clubs in PL too.

5.) The players from those smaller clubs cost about 2 times more than players from leagues that schooled top PL clubs.

6.) Im convinced we should splash extra cash on them.

7.) Get Chilwell, Rice, Dunk, Foster, xyz for 300m and maybe Drinkwater will finaly have buddies in the clubs.

----

Seriously, Chilwell and Rice arent even that awful, but when will the teams learn to simply just refuse paying that much money. Then clubs that demand these ridiculous prices will either lower their demands or have unhappy player around and get relegated to championship. Boohoo.

Rice I do rate, he is quite technical, especially for a DMF/CB

the only DMF's on the planet I would prefer over him (or one, Camavinga, to pair with him is a superb double pivot with Rice as the back and Camavinga as the roamer, or also Partey there as well) are

most of these are impossible to buy as well (only Thomas and Camavinga are actually available to us)

Joshua Kimmich    
Rodri  
Casemiro   
Fabinho

Sandro Tonali   (I would do a back-flip if we got him but zero chance he leaves Italy atm)

then the ones who need further explanations

Thomas (I rate Rice over him as the sole DMF over the long haul (he turns 28yo in June, so is not a player that we will get much resale value out of if he is given 2 years and doesnt work out well), but they would be a monster double pivot I think)    
Eduardo Camavinga  (and he is still SO young, only 17yo, so deffo cannot be the sole DMF option, he needs to paired with a bone crunching deep DMF like Rice or Denis Zakaria) <<<< by far the highest upside on any DMF who is actually available

then the ones who I rate but not over Rice

Denis Zakaria (although he and Rice as a pair would be too similar for me, so he would be a great option if we shifted Rice to CB)

I am off the boil on Wilfred Ndidi, the more I have closely watched him, the more holes I see in his game, but that said he would be an improvement over what we have (we have no true traditional DMF¨'s on the team)

Leander Dendoncker I do rate as a trad DMF, but deffo prefer Rice, Ruben Neves is also here as well (and on the same team, but he is very undisciplined far too often atm)

and finally the hugely talented but complete dice roll that is Boubakary Soumaré

12 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Sorry but this is straw clutching we were totally outplayed by Bayern in both legs and the scoreline in the second leg could have been a lot more if Bayern had moved up a gear. I can't say pride is what I had after losing to Bayern and Arsenal and how anyone can make excuses for Kepa is beyond me he's a long streak of paralysed piss who's more afraid of crosses than Dracula. I can never understand the relevance of the what if posts what Sterling and Edison did for Man City has nothing to do with Chelsea.

So when you say scoreline could have been lot more if Bayern moved up a gear but you can't take it when some one else posts if posts. So I can only make two things out of this post either you want to play devils advocate or that you are just a hypocrite.

Nobody is asking you to take pride in Arsenal or Bayern defeat but you have to realize the quality level. I am proud of the team we would have been in level terms had VAR not dismissed CHO goal. Could have changed the dynamic of the game. Not sure it would have changed the result that Bayern going through to QF but a draw or a slimmer margin of defeat would have been a consolation. Arsenal game we were unfortunate with injuries. And besides it is hard to satisfy everyone! I can point to people who didn't take pride in many of victories during our title wining season either so its all subjective.

The problem with our fans is their only option to any bad result or string of them is to throw money and fix it(rather duck patch it). There is something called training and improvement. We spent a lot of money on him, the wise option would be to get him to the level we want him to. If he proves to be another Batshuayi then it is different(which I don't believe he is). We have other areas we need to fix too. It isn't wise just spend all our budget on another marquee goal keeper going by the headlines I read online. If our defense doesn't get a face lift or we can't fix/improve that then I don't think any big name goalkeeper would be able to stop the goals from going in.

People in forum keep comparing to City/Liverpool right when you can laud them on their success and speak poorly about chelsea players and its manager then why is it suddenly irrelevant when you don't want it is otherwise? The point of the what if posts is to drive sense into people, that mistakes happen. And to encourage people to think more rationally than to just dismiss a player when he doesn't score a goal or does poorly infront of goal or misplaced pass..etc.

45 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Rice I do rate, he is quite technical, especially for a DMF/CB

the only DMF's on the planet I would prefer over him (or one, Camavinga, to pair with him is a superb double pivot with Rice as the back and Camavinga as the roamer, or also Partey there as well) are

most of these are impossible to buy as well (only Thomas and Camavinga are actually available to us)

Joshua Kimmich    
Rodri  
Casemiro   
Fabinho

Sandro Tonali   (I would do a back-flip if we got him but zero chance he leaves Italy atm)

then the ones who need further explanations

Thomas (I rate Rice over him as the sole DMF over the long haul (he turns 28yo in June, so is not a player that we will get much resale value out of if he is given 2 years and doesnt work out well), but they would be a monster double pivot I think)    
Eduardo Camavinga  (and he is still SO young, only 17yo, so deffo cannot be the sole DMF option, he needs to paired with a bone crunching deep DMF like Rice or Denis Zakaria) <<<< by far the highest upside on any DMF who is actually available

then the ones who I rate but not over Rice

Denis Zakaria (although he and Rice as a pair would be too similar for me, so he would be a great option if we shifted Rice to CB)

I am off the boil on Wilfred Ndidi, the more I have closely watched him, the more holes I see in his game, but that said he would be an improvement over what we have (we have no true traditional DMF¨'s on the team)

Leander Dendoncker I do rate as a trad DMF, but deffo prefer Rice, Ruben Neves is also here as well (and on the same team, but he is very undisciplined far too often atm)

and finally the hugely talented but complete dice roll that is Boubakary Soumaré

What about Bruno G? He is gonna be maybe the best of them all that are still available 

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

but when will the teams learn to simply just refuse paying that much money. Then clubs that demand these ridiculous prices will either lower their demands or have unhappy player around and get relegated to championship. Boohoo.

When we have club like ours and fans like ours who just dismiss players and want to throw money for quick fix solutions which they don't realize won't work in long term. All clubs sacrificing long term for short term gains. It is sad to see that people don't take into account the time it took for Livrepool to come to this level. All they see is what players we can buy so we become like that which they don't realize is not how that would come to be.

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

What about Bruno G? He is gonna be maybe the best of them all that are still available 

he for me is a hybrid CMF/DMF

and yes, I know Camavinga has only played in Ligue 1 as well, but I do not rate Guimarães at his level

I would not be upset if we bought him, but he is (again like Camavinga) not exactly a trad DMF

I would rather him than Ndidi I think, deffo over Dendoncker, deffo over Soumaré (who has poor defensive stats)

so yes, he can go on the list, but not over Rice

he was listed as a CMF, on the list, which is why I forgot him