Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2


CHOULO19
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Scenes when managers and players leave the clubs because of this...

Why should they? They get more money by playing in that league

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

There is much need. Much need indeed. Liverpool fans have to be the most annoying, entitled bunch of twats to exist. A little dose of this reality would serve them well if they weren't so delusional.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nah, can’t see that. Without the “big 6” the PL viewership and ad money would collapse. No chance they get kicked out.

Nobody outside of England will want to watch West Ham, Everton, and the rest of these average teams. They want to watch the big boys.

But at the same time, do we really want to watch Chelsea vs Barcelona say 4 times a year?

Remember how people moaned in the past about certain clubs always face each other in the Champions League - e.g. Arsenal v Bayern?

At some point, the allure of those big fixtures will be gone in the Super League and we'll be looking at those games like Burnley v West Brom.

And it's also why our tie against Real Madrid feels big, special etc because we have rarely played them in Europe. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not league system. Two groups of 8 teams. 4 best go to knockout phase. Every team receive 350m euros for just joining.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Won’t happen. These are big clubs. Where are they going to? Burnley?

 

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Why should they? They get more money by playing in that league

Because there's greed? Because there's no integrity in this?

You could say that there's corruption in football now anyway but this Super League thing takes the cake.

And moreover, IF FIFA ban players in the Super League from playing for their country, in World Cups and European Championships, how would they react?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Is that a coincidence that one of the best ever basketball players joins two weeks ago and now they announce a super league that has a similar system like the NBA? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we going to be tossed out of the CL now? PSG was not listed by they surely are one of the 15 perm clubs. If they do not join the SL right away will they be given the CL title now by default, as us, RM, and Citeh are balls deep into the SL now?

Edited by Vesper
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

 

Because there's greed? Because there's no integrity in this?

You could say that there's corruption in football now anyway but this Super League thing takes the cake.

And moreover, IF FIFA ban players in the Super League from playing for their country, in World Cups and European Championships, how would they react?

The players will sue FIFA. And likely win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both sides would have to work together on this. Because there’s no turning back now. Can’t see the founding clubs folding over, this must have been discussed behind the scenes for years and were more prepared for this backlash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Nah, can’t see that. Without the “big 6” the PL viewership and ad money would collapse. No chance they get kicked out.

Nobody outside of England will want to watch West Ham, Everton, and the rest of these average teams. They want to watch the big boys.

I think they have to take a stand. As do all the domestic leagues. To protect their domestic leagues from the very bottom tier to the top.

Its not a matter of kicking them out straight away but if they want to remain, they need written permission to play in the Super League on top of everything else from the FA as stated in the PL rules they’ve all agreed to. 

They just dont have to give them it which they aren’t so then its basically play 50-60 games a season as you normally would or join a super league for money and play only say 15-20 games a season potentially.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

Won’t happen. These are big clubs. Where are they going to? Burnley?

Its certainly going to affect some of them. I dont think they exactly asked the managers or players when agreeing to join this league. It will be interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The players will sue FIFA. And likely win.

But if FIFA takes the same stance, like UEFA and the domestic leagues football associations, does it not make the clubs more liable? Meaning players could then sue clubs for not consulting them about something which would affect them playing internationally prior to agreeing to it? 

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

But at the same time, do we really want to watch Chelsea vs Barcelona say 4 times a year?

Remember how people moaned in the past about certain clubs always face each other in the Champions League - e.g. Arsenal v Bayern.

At some point, the allure of those big fixtures will be gone and we'll be looking at those games like Burnley v West Brom.

And it's also why our tie against Real Madrid feels big, special etc because we have rarely played them in Europe. 

I mean, yeah, as I stated a few hours ago I think it would be cool to play Barca, Juve, Real Madrid etc a bunch. Seeing these giants all in an arms race to secure the best players to compete in the Super League sounds interesting to me.

Could me the American in me that likes seeing this chaos since I don’t have a sentimental soft spot for English traditions and the “football pyramid” like everyone is talking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Is that a coincidence that one of the best ever basketball players joins two weeks ago and now they announce a super league that has a similar system like the NBA? 

Le Bron is a small fry in this. The combined wealth of just the 15 founding clubs' owners and owner groups (like Barca amd RM who have thousands of owners) is over half a trillion usd.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Are we going to be tossed out of the CL now? PSG was not listed by they surely are one of the 15 perm clubs. If they do not join the SL right away will they be given the CL title now by default, as us, RM, and Citeh are balls deep into the SL now?

will be fascinating to see how it unfolds.

I understand the anger and frustration of our fans. Esp after getting hopes up for the season finale. Imagine how fans of middling clubs like Frankfurt, Wolfsburg, Leicester, Westham must feel. The moment they hustle into europe's premier compeititon it is no more lol.

This is a historic moment. Changes in world sports of this magnitude happen once in a lifetime.

It is now obvious no one in football gives a shit about fans' feeling anymore. There is nothing we can do about it. So one can either choose to walk away for which i have the utmost respect or lean back and watch the explosions from afar. If this is not entertaining what is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I mean, yeah, as I stated a few hours ago I think it would be cool to play Barca, Juve, Real Madrid etc a bunch. Seeing these giants all in an arms race to secure the best players to compete in the Super League sounds interesting to me.

What's the difference with the current setup then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

What's the difference with the current setup then?

An absolutely ENORMOUS boost in revenue compared to CL qualification/participation by the looks of it. Plus, no more uncertainty about whether or not you finish top 4. Which means these clubs can feel safe in investing huge transfer fees knowing that guaranteed revenue will be there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...