The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Plus there is this karma or whatever for clubs...

Before we won CL we come close many times. Monaco semi final, Liverpool ghost goal, Pool again on penalties loss, semis against Barca when Ovrebo stole the game from us, Terry penalty in Moscow...

We were so close but failed many times. We had to suffer for so long.

And I think the same will happen with City and PSG for some reason. PSG will play semis for the first time now and City been there only once.

Before they win it they will have hard defeats on penalties, when they where the better side...

So I do not think they are even close to winning it. There is some special force about this things :D

I think City will win it once pep leaves. 

I think pep is like Conte, can build a good team but cannot take them to that last step. 

He should be on the sack watch. They bring him to win CL. Even Mancini and Pellegrini won PL with even weaker sides. And Manuel reached semis.

Carlo finished 1st and 2nd in two seasons with us but did not deliver in CL and was sacked. Pep has too much credit.

I hate when people say how he is the best ever manager lol

Him going out in CL is one of my highlights in every season.

30 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

We could n't lose to any of those clowns except Bayern who are a team from outer space.

do not count out PSG, if they are healthy they can beat any team on the planet, even Bayern

Cavani and Meunier would be helpful though, 2 big losses

18 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think City will win it once pep leaves. 

I think pep is like Conte, can build a good team but cannot take them to that last step. 

Maybe Guardiola will reach the semis if he actually stops overthinking things...

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

1990/91: Crvena Zvezda won the Champions League on May 29. Today ...

FK Crvena zvezda

lh3.googleusercontent.com/QPbtUSu6Obrkea8MvT0wz...

Analysing the tactics of Red Star’s European Champions of 1991

https://runningtheshowblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/24/analysing-the-tactics-of-red-stars-european-champions-of-1991/

2 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Chelsea fans need to take long hard look at the last few matches. Before they go on to criticize Lampard and the youngsters we got! Thats all I have to say. Imagine any of our youngsters missing a shot like that(what Sterling missed easy sitter) this whole forum will be on flames about how that player is so unfit and needs to packed off to some other B league team and how we would have required a world class transfer for that.

Same thing for Kepa( not saying that he is still great but he is young and needs to learn) Edison was to blame for all of Lyon's goals. Not taking anything away from Lyon they played so well and am so happy City are out.

Bayern thrashed Barca 7-2 compared to that we had a much decent score line.  Especially considering a young manager and young team.

Proud of our boys and our team and our manager. KTBFFH!!!! In Lamps and our youngsters I trust!

I agree to a point but Kepa is EXTRAORDINARILY poor.

around FIFTY PERCENT of shots on target scored against him

that is insane

and he is hardly a rookie

7 year starter, 4 of those years in the two strongest leagues in the world

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd imagine Pep will take his frustration out on the transfer market and buy a couple hundred million worth of signings now. They need a new main striker. Jesus isn't close to Agüero's level and Agüero himself is injured all the time. Can see them bringing in Jimenez from Wolves who Pep admires.

Aguero has one more year on contract. Do not think they will sign new striker this year but after Torres and Ake you can definitely expect KK and Aouar (please no), and new LB.

They are after Chilwell. He also wants only us.

And the guy from Leverkusen said that many teams want Havertz. I do not believe for a second we have a free run at him. City is 100% interested just like they were in Timo, just like UTD and Pool.

Thankfully Kai wants only us. Thanks Frank, Timo and Rudi for this.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Aguero has one more year on contract. Do not think they will sign new striker this year but after Torres and Ake you can definitely expect KK and Aouar (please no), and new LB.

They are after Chilwell. He also wants only us.

And the guy from Leverkusen said that many teams want Havertz. I do not believe for a second we have a free run at him. City is 100% interested just like they were in Timo, just like UTD and Pool.

Thankfully Kai wants only us. Thanks Frank, Timo and Rudi for this.

which is why it is cray to be talking about dumping him out NOW

yes, if he doesn't return to his level of the past few years this coming season, then sure

but I refuse to believe that AC and Zouma are overall  better CB¨s, and Tomori is one giant question mark atm

he is a huge key to making Werner and hopefully Havertz feel at home

so much of the dislike of him is based on some anti-certain-German players feelings that is harboured by some, at least that is partially my opinion, as I cannot truly read minds, lolololol

The first two years Rudiger was here, he very rarely made me stressed out at all

I think having shit B's surrounding him, AND a TRULY HORRID GK behind doesn't help