The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

While I enjoyed seeing them all lose/get knocked out, am I the only one who feels ashamed for the EPL? This is getting embarrassing for English football...

Its crazy. I have a lot of friends who support laliga and I havent heard the end of premier League failure

While I enjoyed seeing them all lose/get knocked out, am I the only one who feels ashamed for the EPL? This is getting embarrassing for English football...

Yes but that's why it makes more sense that Chelsea and who knows Everton to win both competitions.

It's written in the stars!

English teams other than ourselves are very poor tactically. The way City and Arsenal opened themselves to Barcelona and Monaco was very embarassing. I think those teams are just as bad in the BPL as they are in europe, the only difference is that they get to play better and more efficient sides that exploit their weaknesses.

For instance, City play a system that leaves much space in their midfield and thus make the defense very exposed and vulnerable to counters but the teams in the BPL are not using it to their advantage or are failing to do it efficiently. Arsenal allow too many of their players to go in their opponent's half including both fullbacks. and when you are left with only Koscielny and MERTESACKER to deal with the counters you know there's a real tactical madness in that team.

Jose gets heavily criticized in this forum, but the results he is getting in the UCL speak for themselves. We are the only english team that have a real chance at winning an european trophy.

English teams other than ourselves are very poor tactically. The way City and Arsenal opened themselves to Barcelona and Monaco was very embarassing. I think those teams are just as bad in the BPL as they are in europe, the only difference is that they get to play better and more efficient sides that exploit their weaknesses.

For instance, City play a system that leaves much space in their midfield and thus make the defense very exposed and vulnerable to counters but the teams in the BPL are not using it to their advantage or are failing to do it efficiently. Arsenal allow too many of their players to go in their opponent's half including both fullbacks. and when you are left with only Koscielny and MERTESACKER to deal with the counters you know there's a real tactical madness in that team.

Jose gets heavily criticized in this forum, but the results he is getting in the UCL speak for themselves. We are the only english team that have a real chance at winning an european trophy.

That last bit. Criticize Jose all you want, guys, but at least we don't get thumped 3-1 by Monaco. Rather draw 1-1 and have a shot than try to play "entertaining" football and be out in the first knockout stage.