Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19
Followers 6

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Comon Jason... you know when Saturday night arrives... your heart will be broken when you see City's players running around the pitch celebrating... I know mine will be.

That's why I won't watch them celebrate. The second our last chance is  gone, I will turn off the game and directly switch to a netflix documentary about wildlife in Uganda. I got mates over and it will be super embarrassing but I will consequently switch the conversation towards mongooses, the african painted dog and spotted hyenas pretending fuck all has happened and pull this through for the remainder of the night.

Edited by Magic Lamps
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

if you saw the Spanish forums...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That's why I won't watch them celebrate. The second our last chance is  gone, I will turn off the game and directly switch to a netflix documentary about wildlife in Uganda. I got mates over and it will be super embarrassing but I will consequently switch the conversation towards mongooses, the african painted dog and spotted hyenas pretending fuck all has happened and pull this through for the remainder of the night.

😂 Sounds like a plan.

5 hours ago, Milan said:

And Willy knows Man City

Mendy clearly the man even for the shootout. Bigger reach - calmer head - Aguero the other day for example

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Strike said:

Mendy clearly the man even for the shootout. Bigger reach - calmer head - Aguero the other day for example

That Aguero penalty does not say anything. I would saved it. And that is only second penalty Mendy saved in his career. 

This is first one and maybe even here it was illegal because it looks like his legs were not on the line.

Mendy saved 2 of 26 pens.

Kepa saved 5 of 22.

Caballero 11 of 33.

But this is without PK shootouts. Kepa saved 5 of 19 pens in Chelsea shirt in 4 shootouts. Caballero had also some amazing shootouts in his career. Mendy only against Spurs this season and he conceded 5 from 5.

So, no, I do not share your confidence with Mendy.

Edited by NikkiCFC
Posted (edited)

Congrats to Villarreal, they deserved it, im happy for their fans, they finally got their hands on the trophy. Now they qualify for the CL, also 4 wins out of 5 for Emery in this competition is an insane record, many props to him.

Edited by Johnnyeye
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

SSN in absolute mourning today, it's fucking great to see.

Did you see them on BT after the game? THey all looked and sounded like their war ship was sunk, impartial my ass.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Did you see them on BT after the game? THey all looked and sounded like their war ship was sunk, impartial my ass.

To be fair - English channels are biased towards English clubs. I still remember the commentator saying 'Get in there' when Ivanovic scored the winner against Napoli.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

That Aguero penalty does not say anything. I would saved it. And that is only second penalty Mendy saved in his career. 

This is first one and maybe even here it was illegal because it looks like his legs were not on the line.

Mendy saved 2 of 26 pens.

Kepa saved 5 of 22.

Caballero 11 of 33.

But this is without PK shootouts. Kepa saved 5 of 19 pens in Chelsea shirt in 4 shootouts. Caballero had also some amazing shootouts in his career. Mendy only against Spurs this season and he conceded 5 from 5.

So, no, I do not share your confidence with Mendy.

The stats don't favour Mendy but he's the best keeper by a mile at the club, in his prime, big reach and if he's worked on his pen saving - his coach was talking about how he has been at it - especially the Aguero one was all about standing still and diving late - I'd still say Mendy for the shootout.

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Comon Jason... you know when Saturday night arrives... your heart will be broken when you see City's players running around the pitch celebrating... I know mine will be.

Who says anything about watching the celebration if/when they win? I always just turn the shit off if we don't win a final!

Didn't realize it when I turned on to watch the shootout last night but just found out Fernandes let Villarreal to take the penalty first after winning the coin toss. 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Jas said:

Didn't realize it when I turned on to watch the shootout last night but just found out Fernandes let Villarreal to take the penalty first after winning the coin toss. 🤦‍♂️

Wow - Very surprising. Makes a massive difference to the pressure in a shootout - which makes the 2012 shootout win even more commendable

Just now, Strike said:

Wow - Very surprising. Makes a massive difference to the pressure in a shootout - which makes the 2012 shootout win even more commendable

Yeah. According to the stats, the team that take the penalty first in a shootout win it 60% of the time.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Strike said:

To be fair - English channels are biased towards English clubs. I still remember the commentator saying 'Get in there' when Ivanovic scored the winner against Napoli.

Yeah that was vs Napoli if im not wrong, the only time I have witnessed it myself.

BT for last nights  League final 

Owen Hargreaves

Paul Scholes

Rio Ferdinand 

And the cunt presenting it supports United .

Wait til Saturday 

Vincent Company

Noel Gallagher

Sean Goater

Edited by Atomiswave

Man Utd fans still in meltdown. Lose the Europa final to a 7th place team that is clearly undermanned at every position compared to your starting XI.... yowza.

Posted (edited)
hace 1 hora, Atomiswave dijo:

Yeah that was vs Napoli if im not wrong, the only time I have witnessed it myself.

BT for last nights  League final 

Owen Hargreaves

Paul Scholes

Rio Ferdinand 

And the cunt presenting it supports United .

Wait til Saturday 

Vincent Company

Noel Gallagher

Sean Goater

Do people really care about who commentates a CL final that much? 🤣

Be all the better for when we win if their all there. I mean honestly, yes there is a lack of ex Chelsea players/managers as pundits maybe but doesn’t make a difference to the 22 people on the pitch and the 2 managers at the end of the day.

Plus if Napoli was the only game you witnessed pundits on our side you obviously missed the 2012 CL semi finals at Barca where they praised us after the two games which were extremely difficult when we looked dead and buried at 2-0 in the Nou Camp plus the games v Atletico and Madrid this season in particular they were extremely praiseful of our team.... then after the CL final in 2012 too although it was a very difficult game they did praise us also, particularly Drogba, Mikel and Cech. 

Whats with this victim mentality on here? 

Edited by OneMoSalah
25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Do people really care about who commentates a CL final that much? 🤣

Be all the better for when we win if their all there. I mean honestly, yes there is a lack of ex Chelsea players/managers as pundits maybe but doesn’t make a difference to the 22 people on the pitch and the 2 managers at the end of the day.

Plus if Napoli was the only game you witnessed pundits on our side you obviously missed the 2012 CL semi finals at Barca where they praised us after the two games which were extremely difficult when we looked dead and buried at 2-0 in the Nou Camp plus the games v Atletico and Madrid this season in particular they were extremely praiseful of our team.... then after the CL final in 2012 too although it was a very difficult game they did praise us also, particularly Drogba, Mikel and Cech. 

Whats with this victim mentality on here? 

You missed my point, im not talking about whether we get any credit by the pundits. Its the clear biased bs when their darlings are playing, like last night. And yes I for one does not like it when it is so, its not impartial is it. That Barca semi final was more how shocked they were when we beat them and the the final well they had to give some props. Yes we did get ok credit this season though in CL, lets see on saturday. No victims here......just some are tired of their bs.

hace 3 horas, Atomiswave dijo:

You missed my point, im not talking about whether we get any credit by the pundits. Its the clear biased bs when their darlings are playing, like last night. And yes I for one does not like it when it is so, its not impartial is it. That Barca semi final was more how shocked they were when we beat them and the the final well they had to give some props. Yes we did get ok credit this season though in CL, lets see on saturday. No victims here......just some are tired of their bs.

Don’t let it bother you. End of the day who cares what the pundits think.

Also yes they wanted United to win but its British football pundits they are obviously going to be biased but at the end of the day its the same for German pundits/journalists, Dutch pundits/journalists, whatever nationality they will always back their own nations team.... its how it works. 

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don’t let it bother you. End of the day who cares what the pundits think.

Also yes they wanted United to win but its British football pundits they are obviously going to be biased but at the end of the day its the same for German pundits/journalists, Dutch pundits/journalists, whatever nationality they will always back their own nations team.... its how it works. 

YEah thats absolutely true but I feel the Eng ones go over the top. You can bet your ass these so called pundits will root for City come saturday, heck they are at it already. Its BS going through the likes Savage Murphy and the likes, a fucking eyesore mate.