The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Most shocking thing was when Maguire said to the Greek police ''Do you know who I am ?''

£80m  -Leicester must have been laughing all the way to the bank

I fucking HATE Maguire on every level

I hate Kane, but respect the hell out of him as a player

Maguire is the most overrated CB on the planet, AND a cunt deluxe to boot

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seriously, what has this gotta do with experience? It's just down to simple coaching and organization. If the opposing team leave 1 player upfront, then you have 2 players at the back - 1 to deal with that player and the other to cover. But in this case, the players who were supposed to stay back and defend for United just went AWOL - one of them was Matic (is he inexperienced!?). This shouldn't be happening in professional football, never mind the Champions League, and it was only in the 12th minute!

Its poor decision making sure and the coaching as with OGS is questionable but even then if Ba beats Matic if he has been goal side you’d be asking wheres the CBs or FBs? 

Has OGS said to his whole back 4 to stay up there? 

Or have some inexperienced CL players been naive thinking nothing will come of it and haven't made their way back when they should? Wan Bissaka, Tuanzebe and Maguire have barely played a lot of CL football (Maguire is a disaster anyway). Dean Henderson also made his first CL start. 

You could be a coaching genius but the fact nobody switched on, noticing Ba and that nobody tried getting back. Yes they could have said stay back but the fact they didnt try to get back in is even more embarrassing. 

Regardless. Poor decision making at any level. Embarrassing goal by all accounts.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I fucking HATE Maguire on every level

I hate Kane, but respect the hell out of him as a player

Maguire is the most overrated CB on the planet, AND a cunt deluxe to boot

Not really sure why OGS's recruitment gets raved about so highly. They're all decent players (Dan James aside) but apart from VDB and possibly Telles (huge doubts defensively but his stats going forward are mental) all have high flaws that will prevent them ever being in future title winning sides. AWB can't attack, Maguire's can't play up high, Bruno can't retain possession very well and Cavani is long done.

45b971de1ca13dd2d815b002409ddc2b.png

crazy game

The Swiss were up 1 nil for most of the game

Sergio Ramos missed TWO pens after that

but then Reguillon had a great pass to Moreno to tie it in the 89th minute

highlights

https://yfl.viditnow.com/player/html/ctdMXtIEnftG0?popup=yes&autoplay=1

b22087f44f211771071964c17e309bfb.png

Werner with a brace

Leon Goretzka is close to the best CMF in the world IHO, superb passes many times in the game. I might take him over Saúl Ñíguez, it is close. Certainly would take him over Aouar. Ñíguez v Goretzka for me is close to becoming a coin toss, and shading to Leon. Saúl can play LB to a very high level as well (so could be our Chilwell backup/rotation),, but Goretzka is far better on offence (accounted for 35 goals/assists in the two seasons 2018-2020, tracking to 30 or so goals/assists this season, which blows Ñíguez away, although Leon has far better offensive teammates).Either one would be a monster grab (but both are basically or fully impossible, barring dropping £100m plus, which is not happening) 

PSG lead 0-2 against Monaco, HT they bring on Fabregas, he goes on to dominate the second half, they get back to 2-2 and the Monaco get a penalty and Cesc steps up to score it.....3-2

Cesc is still different class.

10 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

CR 8 goals in Seria A in just 380 minutes. He is 36 in two and a half months. When does he stop? I think in early 40s he will still be a goal machine.

im so glad he's portuguese, makes me proud to have a player of this caliber in our national team and what he has achieved so far in his career for club and country. Simply put, he's a goal machine and a force of nature 🤗⚽️🇵🇹❤️