The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Something tells me in 16-17 we would have done damage in CL. We were well tuned and with awesome players.

We definitely wouldn't of. :lol:

Leicester City was the only club to make it past the round of 16. English clubs at the time was at a relatively low standard. Bloody Monaco took the piss out of City and we nearly got our cheecks clapped at the Ethiad had Luiz got sent off and KDB doesn't hit the post. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We definitely wouldn't of. :lol:

Leicester City was the only club to make it past the round of 16. English clubs at the time was at a relatively low standard. Bloody Monaco took the piss out of City and we nearly got our cheecks clapped at the Ethiad had Luiz got sent off and KDB doesn't hit the post. 

Come now, you cant just judge a team like that. You might do well vs 1 team and blow it vs another. But overall I believe we could have gone a bit far. We had everything needed. And City went out cuz as usual Pep overthinks too much in CL.

1 minute ago, Alabama said:

Lol...

While TC people wants Simeone here is beyond me...

I have always appreciated his passion and how he sacrifices everything to live and breathe football non-stop. Certainly, his squad is not that good but they spent seirous money on average players. Atletico choke way too often for my liking. Plus he got schooled big time by Flick and Nageslmann big time. His football is a pain to watch 90% of the time. And identity-wise he is most similar to conte IMO. If we were to hire him, it would be a step backwards given the money we have invested in attacking talent again.

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I have always appreciated his passion and how he sacrifices everything to live and breathe football non-stop. Certainly, his squad is not that good but they spent seirous money on average players. Atletico choke way too often for my liking. Plus he got schooled big time by Flick and Nageslmann big time. His football is a pain to watch 90% of the time. And identity-wise he is most similar to conte IMO. If we were to hire him, it would be a step backwards given the money we have invested in attacking talent again.

Why Joao Felix decides to further his career there is beyond me...

Attacking players like Koke Saul Felix Suarez Llorente and co is enough to build an exciting attacking unit even if he prefers defensive football...