Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19
Followers 6

26 minutes ago, Mana said:

That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about. We already signed, sealed and delivered. Unless there is a get out clause that allowed us to leave officially.

We can say we don't want to be part of it, but if the contract is not allowing them to unless Perez agrees we may still have to legally play the SL.

Tonight's meeting will tell us everything if it's really dismantled.

Yeah fully agree. If its binding and they go ahead with the league and we dont join/get out, there will be some sort of action from them. Unfortunately the clubs stupidity in joining in the first place now has potentially damned us either way.  

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

if you saw the Spanish forums...

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Mana said:

That's the only thing I'm slightly worried about. We already signed, sealed and delivered. Unless there is a get out clause that allowed us to leave officially.

We can say we don't want to be part of it, but if the contract is not allowing them to unless Perez agrees we may still have to legally play the SL.

Tonight's meeting will tell us everything if it's really dismantled.

Think we can get out of it. We just may have to go through a very long legal process. City are already doing it. 

Interesting if real Madrid gets the sign up bonus. Or some of them get some secret money. As they knew this was going to failure from the get go, so they did it to get something, me thinks. 

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

BBC just posted all English clubs are out..statement to follow

link?only saw bbc reported what we already know, us and city to leave

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

Fucking hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56812305

Nothing offical but there's only 3 clubs who haven't said anything yet.. assume its true.

Also now breaking on Sky...its happening lol.

Woooopsie!

Edited by Laylabelle

Someone on twitter said its like the Fyre Festival of Football..sums it up!!!

Arsenal have said sorry...

''As a result of listening to you and the wider football community over recent days we are withdrawing from the proposed Super League.

We made a mistake, and we apologise for it.'

Edited by Laylabelle

All the English clubs are out of the Super League, although the only one yet to release a statement is us. Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool and Spurs have done it.

Just now, Jason said:

All the English clubs are out of the Super League, although the only one yet to release a statement is us. Man City, Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool and Spurs have done it.

Briefing the press that we're out earlier was enough initially. Everyone knew as a result we were dropping out regardless of the official statement but was never going to be announced by the club with the game on tonight.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Briefing the press that we're out earlier was enough initially. Everyone knew as a result we were dropping out regardless of the official statement but was never going to be announced by the club with the game on tonight.

But the game is over now...

I like Arsenal's statement.. saying about a mistake and apologising. Feels nice somehow

There was 6..now none lol. In 48 hours..least was a nice quick turn around 

Edited by Laylabelle
1 minute ago, Jason said:

But the game is over now...

We always take forever to announce anything. 

If the club are that bothered about the timing they can word it as "As reported earlier this evening..." or "Earlier today we...".

I think it's been made clear though throughout the last couple of days and today that City and Chelsea have made a mistake following everyone else into this and been planning to remove themselves since. Not that this exonerates either from blame, but it's pretty clear who the drivers of this were.

It'll be interesting to see whether Bruce Buck leaves the club shortly. I think his position is untenable now. Reports suggest Roman wasn't keen on this as it was so it must have been driven by someone and has left the club now with so much negative publicity to deal with.

Buck is about 75 years old now too, he's not going to last forever. It can be done in an amicable way similar to that of Woodward.

There's been all sorts of talks about punishments in the Premier League but I don't think point deductions will happen. Instead I think heads will roll in high up positions in these 6 clubs and new committee members will be introduced to rebuild trusts and relationships. I like the way that the likes of Bayern have ex players in these sorts of positions to represent the club. It screams of Cech to act for us in this capacity moving forward.

• Like 1