Wigan Athletic - Opposition Views 2

Steve

Rodenby from Wiganer.net has also answered some questions on today vital Premier League clash with Wigan!

- Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions. We will start the interview with an easy question, how long have you supported Wigan Athletic for? Funnily enough I actually live in Sunderland and started supporting Wigan in 2004, at the age of 6. Still don't know why the obsession started really, but they will never leave my heart now.

- Tell us a bit about your club and your rise to where you are today, At times I'm sure it has been a frustrating run but you must be happy being in the Premier League? Yeah we are very happy to be in the Premier League; however it does get rather tiring and stressful when we go through bad patches and survive by the skin of our teeth, and this season again has proved right.

- Wigan Atheletic have been on a good run of form, winning your last two games. This must be a massive boost for your chances of getting out of the relegation zone? Yeah it has been a huge boost especially winning at Anfield, and a home win was due. The wins seemed to of injected a bit of belief in the fans and players and hopefully this run will continue and steer us clear of relegation.

- The last time we met, the game ended in a draw at the DW Stadium. Would you be happy with a similar result in the return game at Stamford Bridge? Yes I would be very happy with a point; Chelsea look a much improved team since Di Mattio took charge. Torres has shown signs of his class and you definitely look stronger at the back and look like a quality side again.

- What can you tell us about your season up to this point? Where could you of improved? Our season has been hit and miss as per usual, we have had very bad patches when we lost 8 games in a row. But a few memorable times too winning at Anfield, winning at the Stadium of Light and drawing with Chelsea and Liverpool at home. To improve I think Martinez could of been more consistent in picking his line-up, it has took him a lot of time to find a formation that works and players that work with each other; this has frustrated fans a lot with me included but it now looks like Martinez has eventually found his formation and team which has helped over past weeks.

- Chelsea's defense has been a bit up and down as of late, we have let in some very sloppy goals. Do you think you will pressure us into making the same mistake or will you sit back and ride the game out for a draw? No, we will defiantly try and score, we will now your defensive weaknesses and we have a few dangerous forward players that could trouble your defence.

- What are your thoughts on Fernando Torres, he has been playing some great football for Chelsea in recent weeks and in slowly finding form again, do you think he will continue scoring for us? Yes I think he is a fantastic player, and will score plenty of goals next year if he finds confidence.

- Looking at your current squad, which player has been your stand out player this season and if you had to choose one player that you would think would make an impact at Chelsea would it be? Shaun Maloney was bought in the summer from Celtic and made a real impact since being brought into the team.

- If you had to pick one Chelsea player to join Wigan, who would it be and for what reason? Drogba, need a big strong man up front that scores goals and can hold the ball up and theres nobody better at that.

- Finally, what do you think the final score will be in our very important Premier League encounter? It will be a Good game and think we will get a deserved 1-1 draw.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days