Revenge Time

Revenge breeds Fire. If you want to beat the "worlds best team ever"....you need every bit of it.

But shouldn't there a be a reason for revenge? If you listen to JT, even he says he's almost forgotten about that match..

The good thing though there seems to be a lot more people hoping Chelsea can succeed this time around, even if they don't expect it.

I think this time we won't hear any nonsense about "a victory for football" or similar bullshit.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why this match should be seen as an opportunity for revenge....A few refereeing decisions cost us the match in 2009, not Barca. They just did their job, and did it well considering they were reduced to ten men.

I think most of the Barcahate stems from their annoying superior attitude and then that exacerbated it. The post match media coverage was all about 'victory for football' and all that wank and we know that isn't true, we are the true saviours of football, not them.

In short, I'd say that most hate them because:

1. Glory hunting fans, and even normal fans of the club are cunts.

2. Holier than thou attitude

3. Saviours of football attitude

4. Hypocrisy

5. The media wanking over Barcelona all the time

6. Comparisons between Messi and Pele and Maradona (probably a personal one, I don't think many other than me would cite this as a reason)

7. Ovrebo

8. They seem to be the darling of the establishment

9. They can get away with 'financial doping' via their TV rights deals but no one else other than Madrid can.

10. Acting like they are some kind of martyrs because Franco gave them a rough time in the 50s. Get the fuck over it, he was never a Madrid supporter, he just hated Catalan separatism- for which Barcelona was a front for.

11. The disgraceful, diving, cheating cunts that play for them.

12. The way said cunts act whenever someone dares to not roll over and let them win 12-0, complaining to the media that defending is anti-football. How the fuck does an essential part of football, defending, pervert the sport?

13. The Fabregas affair.

14. Inserting buy-back clauses into every young player's transfer out of the club.

Revenge breeds Fire. If you want to beat the "worlds best team ever"....you need every bit of it.

Isn't that just a tacit admission that we're not good enough to neuter them tactically or technically, having to rely on psychological motivators like vengeance to stand a chance? In any case, all this revenge talk is misplaced, it's the ref who screwed us over, not Barcelona. Cold meticulous preparation, top notch collective concentration and sheer bloodymindedness can also get the job done against Barcelona, but maybe that's just me.

I think most of the Barcahate stems from their annoying superior attitude and then that exacerbated it. The post match media coverage was all about 'victory for football' and all that wank and we know that isn't true, we are the true saviours of football, not them.

In short, I'd say that most hate them because:

1. Glory hunting fans, and even normal fans of the club are cunts.

2. Holier than thou attitude

3. Saviours of football attitude

4. Hypocrisy

5. The media wanking over Barcelona all the time

6. Comparisons between Messi and Pele and Maradona (probably a personal one, I don't think many other than me would cite this as a reason)

7. Ovrebo

8. They seem to be the darling of the establishment

9. They can get away with 'financial doping' via their TV rights deals but no one else other than Madrid can.

10. Acting like they are some kind of martyrs because Franco gave them a rough time in the 50s. Get the fuck over it, he was never a Madrid supporter, he just hated Catalan separatism- for which Barcelona was a front for.

11. The disgraceful, diving, cheating cunts that play for them.

12. The way said cunts act whenever someone dares to not roll over and let them win 12-0, complaining to the media that defending is anti-football. How the fuck does an essential part of football, defending, pervert the sport?

13. The Fabregas affair.

14. Inserting buy-back clauses into every young player's transfer out of the club.

I was talking about Barcelona the team. I don't care about their fanboys or the crooning media. I'm pretty sure once this team starts to falter, all these extraneous characters will melt into the background.

As far as the team goes I'll agree with only two of those points you mentioned: the Fabregas affair and the playacting. The playacting is something I can't stand because that sort of team doesn't need to resort to such tactics to win games. However, its something a lot of players, even our own, do in matches. We often let it slide when it comes to the bigger sides.

Isn't that just a tacit admission that we're not good enough to neuter them tactically or technically, having to rely on psychological motivators like vengeance to stand a chance? In any case, all this revenge talk is misplaced, it's the ref who screwed us over, not Barcelona. Cold meticulous preparation, top notch collective concentration and sheer bloodymindedness can also get the job done against Barcelona, but maybe that's just me.

Well said. And JT has said something along those lines as well. This isn't about revenge, we have a job to do and Barcelona are just in our way. Simple as that.

We were f***ed by the ref, we played a lot better. Barca had one shot on target all the match, but it was the fatal one...

I remember being devastated :(

As for the next 2 matches - revenge? There's only one problem. Since that game they have improved too much, and we've become worse.

Besides Messi having the best season in history.

I hope we lose the first leg and win the second. Winning in their shithole would make it even sweeter. Also, if we lose the first leg controversially then yet more people will turn on the biggest scandal in football and we will have everyone except the Barca gloryhunters cheering us on. Busquets needs a slap

I hope we lose the first leg and win the second. Winning in their shithole would make it even sweeter. Also, if we lose the first leg controversially then yet more people will turn on the biggest scandal in football and we will have everyone except the Barca gloryhunters cheering us on. A Busquets leg break wouldn't be bad either.

Quite the fan of drama, then?

I hope we lose the first leg and win the second. Winning in their shithole would make it even sweeter. Also, if we lose the first leg controversially then yet more people will turn on the biggest scandal in football and we will have everyone except the Barca gloryhunters cheering us on. Busquets needs a slap

I hope we lose the first leg and win the second. Winning in their shithole would make it even sweeter. Also, if we lose the first leg controversially then yet more people will turn on the biggest scandal in football and we will have everyone except the Barca gloryhunters cheering us on. A Busquets leg break wouldn't be bad either.

Quite the fan of drama, then?

Fail edit is fail edit :D