Aruna Kone

Aesthetic Relic

Rosenborg web.

Chelsea interest for KoneCluj might get competition from Chelsea signing Yssouf Kone."We have not recieved a concrete offer from Chelsea. But there is interest," Kone's agent Alfred Obrou tells local Trondheim newspaper Adresseavisen. Even Manchester City and Aston Villa are said to be watching the Rosenborg striker, in additon to several clubs in France and Belgium. Kone however is closest to sign for CFR Cluj, which offered him a lucrative deal last week. They are leading the Romanian league well ahed of their biggest rivals in Bucharest. A league title will give a place in the Champions League because of their good UEFA ranking. "I just got an offer from Romania, and the offer was really good. The challenges there are good. If Rosenborg let me go, I will go," Kone told Norwegian TV2. The question is whether Rosenborg are willing to sell the Burkina Faso international, who does not want to extend his contract ending 31 December 2008. Yssouf Kone had a nightmare start of his Rosenborg career, starting only two league matches in 18 months because of some injures but more importantly hard competition from the other forwards. In August Kone replaced Bolton transfered Daniel Braaten in the starting line-up, and since he has been unstopable with 9 goals in 11 domestic league matches and 7 goals in 8 Champions League matches.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are talking about attackers I would prefer Alfonso Alves ...the guy that has scored 7 goals on whab game not so far ago..
Alfonso Alves is a very good player, but what players Are we actually interested in or is it all speculation?Will will we for kONE? or will there be a differant story in the paper tomorrow linking us to someone else, i wouldn't be surprised, footballs becoming speculation, more than the actual on-field game..Chelsea need to make clear who were interested in. Some fans get there hopes up on sources sayin Chelsea are interested in signing players, and then it turns out all to be bollocks

No that's folly TCB. If Chelsea actually inform us of who they are interested in, it tells the rest of the world too, and then that brings competition for every player. We should at all costs keep this interest as quiet as possible to make as easy and cheap as possible to bring them in.

No that's folly TCB. If Chelsea actually inform us of who they are interested in, it tells the rest of the world too, and then that brings competition for every player. We should at all costs keep this interest as quiet as possible to make as easy and cheap as possible to bring them in.
Also if we were to become public in our interest in a player it could be seen as tapping up :rolleyes:

Also if we were to become public in our interest in a player it could be seen as tapping up :readthemessage:
No. Not unless we had set up a "secret" meeting with the player. Most likely interest is garnered from one of our scouts being present.

Rosenborg web

Agent confirms striker interestLast Updated: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:22 The agent of Rosenborg striker Yssouf Kone has confirmed that Chelsea are showing an interest in the player.Chelsea are known to be on the look out for a new striker ahead of the transfer window and Kone, who is also being tracked by Manchester City and Aston Villa, is a target.The Blues have yet to make an offer, but Kone's agent says they have been in touch in order to check on his availability."We have not received a concrete offer from Chelsea," Kone's agent Alfred Obrou told Adresseavisen. "But there is interest."Meanwhile, Romanian outfit CFR Cluj, who have bags of cash to spend, are also interested and Kone seems to be keen on the challenge."I just got an offer from Romania, and the offer was really good," Kone revealed to TV2. "The challenges there are good. If Rosenborg let me go, I will go."

:lol: He was awful, however that young Konan Ya looked very lively for them. I would consider a move for him if I was Grant, he seems a talented player. Problem is, he looks too much like Mikel, I'd get confused.
Lol, you can't just go around buying all the players who have a decent game against us! :) Bottom line is neither of those players would be good enough for us...

We never know, when we first brought Drogba I wasn't sure if he would be able to cope with the pace of the Premier League, but at that time I was pretty ignorant towards the French Lieague, which is similar to the PL IMO.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You