G'Day to all from sunny Brisbane Australia

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

Plastic fans are the ones that eat prawn sandwhiches instead of watching the game. Watching Chelsea is Australia since the 70s makes you a hardcore fan and staying up until 2:00 am to watch a game requires some dedication.

I'm a 45 year old fan who has followed Chelsea since the '70s. I've never been to England so I suppose I am a plastic fan, but I dont care! :-)

Hi! Welcome, and I hope you'll be another great addition to the already very large Australian community of posters on this board :)

And set your fears at rest, if anyone can not be accused of being plastics, its us. Who else gets up at insane hours and skips uni/school/work to watch Chelsea? :D

What is it with you Aussies -is the football really that shit down under ?

Wecome mate .

FB, it is. Our former national team manager, Pim Verbeek, once famously said "There is more quality in a Bundesliga training session than there is in an A-League match". Its a bit harsh, but not far from the mark. Our league won't really get to a much higher standard unless we keep our best players, and that won't happen until the salary cap is lifted and billionaires can run amok.

FB, it is. Our former national team manager, Pim Verbeek, once famously said "There is more quality in a Bundesliga training session than there is in an A-League match". Its a bit harsh, but not far from the mark. Our league won't really get to a much higher standard unless we keep our best players, and that won't happen until the salary cap is lifted and billionaires can run amok.

I know its a real sporting nation C. and Aus excels at many sports. The salary cap might be worth hanging on to -we're starting to see the cracks appearing over here and for a lot of clubs if you scrape beneath the veneer, theres a lot on the brink of doing a Rangers.

PS whatever happened to chelsea ? -Victoria Div 3 -always used to look at their results :D

I know its a real sporting nation C. and Aus excels at many sports. The salary cap might be worth hanging on to -we're starting to see the cracks appearing over here and for a lot of clubs if you scrape beneath the veneer, theres a lot on the brink of doing a Rangers.

PS whatever happened to chelsea ? -Victoria Div 3 -always used to look at their results :D

Our national team is pretty good, amongst the best in Asia and the equal of any in CAF or CONCACAF, and CONMEBOL excluding Brazil and Argentina. UEFA we could probably beat most teams, except for the likes of England, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and Spain- and we always lift when we play England, so I wouldn't be too sure about that :P

With regards to Chelsea Hadjuk, they were an ethnic club founded by Croatian's, and it's now been merged with Dandenong City Soccer Club. Soccer Club?! :doh:

Our national team is pretty good, amongst the best in Asia and the equal of any in CAF or CONCACAF, and CONMEBOL excluding Brazil and Argentina. UEFA we could probably beat most teams, except for the likes of England, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and Spain- and we always lift when we play England, so I wouldn't be too sure about that :P

With regards to Chelsea Hadjuk, they were an ethnic club founded by Croatian's, and it's now been merged with Dandenong City Soccer Club. Soccer Club?! :doh:

Ah ok. Cheers for that I think the one I am thinking of was in the 70s and 80s -used to follow them in our close season but they were in steady decline -as were Chelsea over here ! Yes the Aus national team are on the up and one to be reckoned with

I'm a 45 year old fan who has followed Chelsea since the '70s. I've never been to England so I suppose I am a plastic fan, but I dont care! :-)

No way mate. A fan is a fan no matter where you are. Do not have to live in the UK to be a CFC supporter.

The moment the salary cap is lifted I will rejoice, but the AFL and NRL pundits will bitch about it for years.

The A-League continues to embarass itself with the Gold Coast United blunder.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/gold-coast-owner-clive-palmer-loses-a-league-licence/story-e6frg7mf-1226285136612

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/clive-palmers-gold-coast-axed-from-aleague-20120229-1u2ct.html

The EPL is almost practically the official Football League of Australia.

What is it with you Aussies -is the football really that shit down under ?

Wecome mate .

Ha ha, its actually pretty good here. I am a staunch fan of Brisbane Roar, I started the Supporters Club there in 2005. It is good to have live football at a good level to watch at normal times as opposed to getting up at 4:30 to watch CL matches or staying up until 2 am to watch Wigan away!

I used to spend a lot of time on the BAWA forums back in the day but I don't go on forums so much any more, too much time on Twitter! :-)