Leandro Damião da Silva dos Santos

Leandro Damião is a quality young striker who's impressing with Internacional in Brazil. He came to my attention a few days ago when I watched a clip of him destroying The Strongest in a Copa Libertadores tie with a hat trick. He's mainly been linked with Spurs, but I think a player like him- cheap, young, hungry, goalscoring- is exactly what we need.

He's also averaged a goal every 87 minutes in continental competition so far this season, and is coming off a 40 goal season last year, so its safe to say he knows how to find the goal. There may be work permit issues with him though, he's only played for Brazil 5 times.

Transfermarkt reckon he's worth 12.5 million, which is a bargain when you consider Lukaku cost 5.5 million more and hasn't done anything of note yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3FAqZv7r4

From that clip its evident that he's an excellent mover off the ball and a decent finisher to boot; we probably need a Brazilian poster to elaborate on his strengths because I can't seem to find many videos of him. From memory we made a bid for him last summer but it was rejected.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast is he?

How competent is his weak foot?

I noticed he is a Poacher, unless we can magically become fantastic at through balls he will struggle

Have you seen him play apart from that video Spike? If not, I would agree with you based on the little evidence we have, that he is a poacher. We can't be sure if thats the case, though, what if he just poached specifically in that game? Or what if he is an all round forward capable of poaching for some periods of the match and then linking up with the midfield?

Heard very good things about him. The problem is Brazilian football is currently one of the most expensive places to go shopping for players with little value in the market. Couple that with the risk they won't settle in Europe and there may be better options out there.

Having said that I would love us to get Lucas Moura!

I was very impressed when he came on against Scotland at the Emirates for his Brazilian national team debut, even though he only got 20-25 minutes. I've seen clips of him on youtube as well, looks an out and out goalscorer, who can score with both feet and his head and also has great movement. If we were interested we'd have to move quick as Spurs have apparently got a feeder club deal with Internacional, which is how they got Sandro and Juventus, Barca and Inter have been credited with interest.

Here is a video or two..

Plus this, great skill!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You