Reflections Wembley

Well, from a scottish point of view it was a fantastic night! When the Croats went 2 up the boozer went tonto, However, cue utter silence when Crouch equalised. What a strike for the winner though, fuck me.Croatia were easily the best team and McLaren will surely walk, but who would you lot want to replace him? Please god not Jose, Redknapp?, Coppell? There's not much to choose from is there.The talk up here was about bringing back the England v Scotland game next year if both teams failed to qualify. I'm not into that, thousands of scots in London tends to add to grief from both sides and anyway. we already have your pitch and goalposts! unsure.png

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly it's not just McClaren that should be out the door this morning. That oily heap of shit sat next to Lady Di's spawn, Brian Barwick, and all the other FA Fatcats should be out. They lied that McClaren was first choice, when all the time they'd been tarting themselves to Scolari , Hiddink and god knows who else.Secondly, if you booooo the national anthem of Croatia, a country that has only been around since the break up of Yugoslavia, who are extremely Nationalistic, you are going to fire them right up. The England formation and tactics were schoolboyish, ok there were players out, but why hoof it up to giraffe when we've Cole and SWP out wide ? Scott Cantsave ? Gerrard constantly losing the ball ? Joke.Now they're blaming the 'influx of foreigners' on Englands failure to win a major tournament -right since 1966 ? Lastly, seeing McClaren clutching his 'security water bottle' under his big umbrella so his bouffant thinning hair doesnt go flat, compared to the Croat manager running and screaming Mourinoesque up the touch line showed the comparison. ....And Croatia had already qualified. Also, Croatia has a population of 4 million, England 45 million. There should be a lot of sackings this morning.

Edited by Fulham Broadway

Its not Mclaren's fault that he's simply not qualified. The FA were the ones stupid enough to actually appoint a twat like him in the first place. Now the hilarious thing will be to see the FA scrambling about to find a new manager just to see them appoint some other useless idiot like Allardyce etc in the end unsure.png

Gotta say its funny,after all that money spent on the pitch it ends up a complete mess.Though thats no excuse cause Crotia got on it just fine.Well shock shock McClaren gone so hmmmmThe FA can partly be to blamed but still he was handed a life line,made the subs a bit to late imo and messed it up beforehand esp in that Crotia game with that crazy system.And can be blamed for the fact we lost Owen.Dont play your imporant players in a friendly before a vital vital game!

Edited by Layla

True, and England shouldn't be in a position where they're relying on Israel....and then with ten minutes of the game to go, the commenatator getting excited about Englands hopes hanging by a thread on a country that has lost its last 19 games, has a population of 6 and a dog......Andorra. unsure.png

now maybe people particularly the players, will start to believe that they are not world class as often gets mentioned....yes the manager was at fault but the players were the one's out there and they didn't perform and that includes the Chelsea boys as well apart maybe from Joey Cole.the whole set up is a fucking shambles and always has been, and as someone here said a clear out is needed right from the very top to the bottom.... admin, manager (well he's gone already) and players...but for fuck sake please don't bring in another englishman, there aint one good enough and that goes for sham allardyce as well.....................the FA have got to go to Jose (sorry changingman) and beg him on bended knees to come and get us out of this fucking mess we're in and unlike abramovich stay out of the fucking way and let him do the job.regards:JBD

i heard McClaren was blaming the pitch after that American football thingy a few weeks back,the markings were still visible.Well blow me down!!!!!!,Croatia did'nt seem to have any problems with the pitch.Feeble excuse from a feeble,clueless man.Worse England manager since Taylor?

Its not Mclaren's fault that he's simply not qualified. The FA were the ones stupid enough to actually appoint a twat like him in the first place. Now the hilarious thing will be to see the FA scrambling about to find a new manager just to see them appoint some other useless idiot like Allardyce etc in the end :rolleyes:
Hmmmm Sounds like the same boat were in with Grant

Love the fact how the media and press are going on and on about it.If it werent for them we might have ended up with the other bloke and been a diff story After all that money and time spent you'd thought they'd stuck a roof on wembly

Edited by Layla

Its not Mclaren's fault that he's simply not qualified. The FA were the ones stupid enough to actually appoint a twat like him in the first place.
Bloody annoying when an underqualified manager is appointed. :readthemessage:
After all that money and time spent you'd thought they'd stuck a roof on wembly
They have stuck a roof on it but what difference would that have made? It only rained for an hour before the game. We didnt miss out on qualifying because of last nights result, its the rest of the shit results during the campaign that left us in that position in the first place. McClaren's appointment was a joke from the start and he's probably done even worse than most of us expected him to - the FA should carry the can for that. With the players at our disposal, England should not be missing out on qualification - its a total fucking embarrassment. Ok, you could argue the players havent performed but its the managers job to get a performance out of them and have the balls to kick out those that dont. Tactically, McClaren has been bloody clueless. I know our keepers would give sammy the seal a run for its money, but putting Carson into a big game like that ffs? Frank Carson would've done a better job. Especially with Campbell and Lescott in front of him, inept just doesnt cover it. And Im not even going to go into taking Cole off. And who was the biggest twat of the night? Me - wanting to fight half the crowd. :lol:

Firstly it's not just McClaren that should be out the door this morning. That oily heap of shit sat next to Lady Di's spawn, Brian Barwick, and all the other FA Fatcats should be out. They lied that McClaren was first choice, when all the time they'd been tarting themselves to Scolari , Hiddink and god knows who else.Secondly, if you booooo the national anthem of Croatia, a country that has only been around since the break up of Yugoslavia, who are extremely Nationalistic, you are going to fire them right up. The England formation and tactics were schoolboyish, ok there were players out, but why hoof it up to giraffe when we've Cole and SWP out wide ? Scott Cantsave ? Gerrard constantly losing the ball ? Joke.Now they're blaming the 'influx of foreigners' on Englands failure to win a major tournament -right since 1966 ? Lastly, seeing McClaren clutching his 'security water bottle' under his big umbrella so his bouffant thinning hair doesnt go flat, compared to the Croat manager running and screaming Mourinoesque up the touch line showed the comparison. ....And Croatia had already qualified. Also, Croatia has a population of 4 million, England 45 million. There should be a lot of sackings this morning.
And welcome old boy..... about facking time!

england were rubbish , i am sorry but its a combination of a crap manager, clubs ruling over the national side and daft selections ... i mean seriously ..darren bent ??? take lamaprd for example hes brilliant when he plays for us we notice it when hes out , yet for engalnd you hardly notice hes playing thats got to be poor manangement ? our national side should have pissed that group easily with the talent we have, dont blame injuries! they were given a lifeline and didnt seem to be bothered

england were rubbish , i am sorry but its a combination of a crap manager, clubs ruling over the national side and daft selections ... i mean seriously ..darren bent ??? take lamaprd for example hes brilliant when he plays for us we notice it when hes out , yet for engalnd you hardly notice hes playing thats got to be poor manangement ? our national side should have pissed that group easily with the talent we have, dont blame injuries! they were given a lifeline and didnt seem to be bothered
You've got to look at injuries to an extent because we seriously havent got anyone decent as cover for the first team. JT and Ferdinand out so we have what as cover? Campbell and Lescott - do me a favour. Lescott aint even that great at club level imo and Campbell's just living in the past. Crouch? Good enough? I hardly think so, I dont care what anyone else says he just aint good enough as a lone front man - and with the exception of the goal, he darent take a bloody shot on. And as much as I've always preferred Bridge to Cole defensively, Cole would've been a better option to have Wednesday night. No doubt about it, the 'big' players didn't perform but there's a reason they can all perform for their clubs and not for their country - and I don't believe all that bollocks about money motivating them. Lampard having missed a penalty previously, being booed everytime he pulls on his boots and knowing he'd get hung if he missed, still has the bottle to step up and take a penalty when we're 2-0 down - is that because he's motivated by money or because he'll put his arse on the line for England's sake? The reason they don't do the business for their country is down to shit tactics and a lack of leadership - bad enough they had to put up with McClaren Wednesday night, but when they really needed a decent captain to rally them, the vice captain went missing.

Agree about what said,about the other results being the issue which is why I dont blame Carson and think there was a friendly at the time there way.Thought we'd be through by then.The only thing we could take from that game as at least unlike last time we played them we looked like we knew what we were doing.The away game by god that was awlful