Billy Clifford and Jacob Mellis banned from Cobham

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea have kicked out midfielder Jacob Mellis after he admitted setting off a smoke grenade and causing a full-scale evacuation at the club's Cobham training ground.

Mellis made his first-team debut in the Champions League last season, but was told he had no future at the club during a disciplinary hearing.

Team-mate Billy Clifford has escaped with a fine after admitting he brought the grenade into the training centre.

I bit harsh seeing that Ashley Cole got let off for shooting someone, but not unexpected

Yeah that's why I don't like this double standard!

Just because he cost more, he does not deserves any different treatment.

Yes, yes it does. So we kick Cole out and replace him (With who?) at a cost of £30 million+.....Financial fair play comes around...

Cole got fined quarter of a million for what he done. Completely fair and understandable.

Yes, yes it does. So we kick Cole out and replace him (With who?) at a cost of £30 million+.....Financial fair play comes around...

Cole got fined quarter of a million for what he done. Completely fair and understandable.

Your point of money is well taken, but still I never dig double standards. For richer or for poorer.

Considering Billy Clifford signed a 4-year contract this year I'm not surprised at the outcome.

I'd even say this is "ideal" for Chelsea. Mellis didn't look like he'd break through, in the role he plays, so this doesn't really come as a shock (even with WHS telling us prior to today).

Chelsea midfielder Jacob Mellis has left the club "by mutual consent" after he admitted setting off a smoke grenade at their training ground.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/midfielder-jacob-mellis-leaves-chelsea-after-setting-off-smoke-grenade-7579285.html?

It was a golden opportunity for him to kickstart his career, anyway I wish him the best and I'm pretty sure he won't struggle to find a club.

It's a shame because he showed great things for several years in the reserves, but when we see that even McEachran is (logically) not playing because of the requirements & intensity ; it was clear that Mellis had no future except being loaned again and again

Apparently, a new sequel for MW3 is getting released this month...

callofjacob.jpg

Call of Jacob: Mellis Warfare 3

Includes a new multiplayer mode: Tossing Smoke

Includes one new map: Cobham

Jacob Mellis' PSN status...

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Playing Tossing Smoke in Cobham"

I never really knew much about him. How good is he? How good can he become? It'll be a shambolic decision if he turns out to be world class and comes back to bite us.

The kids not very smart, it must be said. Throwing around smoke grenades in a post 9/11 world :doh: