New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joker10 is right though, he's by far not the worst manager in the world. He wouldn't cross my mind at all in potential candidates but we could do a lot worse than Rafa. We only don't like him because of our many clashes with Liverpool when he was in charge. You can't really count inter. Post-Mourinho clubs seem to flop regardless of who takes charge, look at them now. How many managers they're going through, even Ranieri's not going to last.

Would the board really risk the outrage though?, considering the back to back 'fuck off bentiez' chants have now been absorbed by both Gourlay & Buck.

Of course they would. When have they ever cared about what the fans want?

My number one pick is capello or didier Deschamps. Really all these mid level managers, no, we need someone with high level experience, look war happened to avb. Young no top level experience. Yeah some other things hurt him as well but hey that was the main issue. Dealin with big personalities and I really want capello or deschamps to lead way.

Rafa wouldn't be my first choice, or second hell probably not even 3rd or 4th. But you can't deny that Rafa is a great manager, most definitely one of the best in the world. He was unlucky with Inter, they had injuries plus some players played out of their mind the previous year when they won the treble.

Taking a treble winning Inter side that also won 5 league title's in a row to 7th place is not unlucky, it's pure shite managing.

In a sense Tomo hits the nail on the head. Rafa (and plenty of managers) hides behind injury crises and claims it's his bad luck that screws up his teams, I thought only Scousers bought that. Rafa runs his players to the ground and while he is tactically astound I wouldn't let him anywhere near a group of players who are in their prime as he'll just shorten their careers. Imagine what he could do to our mix of old players and those in their early 20s.

Remember how Torres was Liverpool's very own Van Persie in terms of injuries? Look at his injury record once the FSW left.

Like i said and i'll stand by it, i only want Mourinho, and that's it. There's no one else who i want, Capello is a great manager but i just don't think he's the right person at all, he doesn't look like a long term manager for us. The German manager looks good but international is different to club, he might not be cut out for it at Chelsea. Gambles, gambles, gambles, risks, risks, risks, and they always turn out bad, i just cannot be arsed gambling anymore on a new manager because it just never works. The only one i'm sure will do well here is Mourinho, the only one.

Like i said and i'll stand by it, i only want Mourinho, and that's it. There's no one else who i want, Capello is a great manager but i just don't think he's the right person at all, he doesn't look like a long term manager for us. The German manager looks good but international is different to club, he might not be cut out for it at Chelsea. Gambles, gambles, gambles, risks, risks, risks, and they always turn out bad, i just cannot be arsed gambling anymore on a new manager because it just never works. The only one i'm sure will do well here is Mourinho, the only one.

Im agree with you. The only person who wouldnt be a gambe is Mourinho...even Guardiola would be a gamble for me.

The only one... The special one!

I want the appointment of a new manager to be sorted as soon as we can. I don't want us to lose time and potential players in the transfer window waiting for a new manager or waiting for the new manager to "assess" the squad. The summer window is critical this year. We have glaring deficiencies that must be addressed if we wish to resume our status as a top club.

I hope when the next manager (which wont be Jose) certain sections of the fans will give full support and backing and not moan and complain that ty are not Jose. From what I have seen with the constant jerking of to Jose that some will immedialty be against the new manager (especially someone like David Moyes or anyone who has not managed big clubs) becuase they stopped Jose takig over. Thats what I fear.

Why does everyone seem so sure that RDM will not remain as our manager? Come on people, show some trust in a legend of this club. If we get 4th place and win the FA, I have no doubt he will be here next season, which is in the club's best interest.

Why does everyone seem so sure that RDM will not remain as our manager? Come on people, show some trust in a legend of this club. If we get 4th place and win the FA, I have no doubt he will be here next season, which is in the club's best interest.

Those two things you listed there are impossible, the F.A Cup is Liverpools, and you said it yourself on the other thread, there's no way we can get 20 points in 10 games, and that will mostly be required.