New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a weird theory going round that Roman sacked AVB only untill the summer, then he would kick out all of the big egos and then give AVB the job back.

If only!

That would be the ultimate, and I mean ultimate :Goober: of all time. I'd kill for this to be true.

That would be fucking awesome....I have had the RDM quote from the Brum game stuck in my head "this is for AVB OUR MANAGER"

Actually, when DiMatteo was at Wba, I wanted him at Chelsea, liked their style of play (Not so much the results that followed).. And he was also one of my first Chelsea heroes from the days i became a fan.

Did not think it was going to happen this way though.

Regarding a new manager, I would like for Rdm to stay as manager on a permanent basis.

You know, when i read everything back starting from when Andre came to how he treated Anelka and Alex, 2 players who did a lot for our club, so nastily to him sacking Tommy Langley for something he said, to showing a complete lack of respect for Lampard, a true Chelsea legend and reading in the paper about what he was like with his time keeping on the players and sleeping at the training ground obsessed with this job and being such a strict cunt.... I'm so relieved now that he's not our manager any more.

I always did my best in trying to defend him and say give him time to build hgis own team but we never really saw what he was like and tbh he was a bit of a prick wasn't he. We would of only got worse under him and under his methods i think and this season woulda ended in a disaster. I feel a lot happier today than i did about 3 weeks ago. Not just because we've won 2 in a row and not just because we have 2 Chelsea legends back but i just feel that the players are happier now, there's more passion and they're more relaxed without this control freak in charge.

For a new manager, i don't really mind who it is as long as they know how to respect the players, know how to treat the players and at the same time know what's right for us and aint afraid of changing the team around. The working relationship between players and manager cannot be understated at all because it's the biggest part of the job by a mile and this is why we were so bad and inconsistent this season, because the players and Andre weren't together, they were rather against each other. Players & manager must be united and not divided.

If we do really well from now til the end of the season and win the FA Cup and qualify for the UCL, there's no reason why Robbie can't keep the job on a permanent basis, especially if the players show the owner and everyone else that they are happy and reinvigorated . Team spirit is more important than having a big name manager imo because it's the players who play the game and get the results at the end of the day. It don't matter how high profile or big the manager may be, if the players aint happy, performances and trophies will simply not happen.

If Jose doesn't want the job (or Roman doesn't want to give it to him) I wouldn't be against Robbie and Eddie taking the team on full time if the club show signs of progression until the end of the season and make the top 4.

If this isn't a realistic option, then there is only one man that I would want - David Moyes.

This man WILL get a big job within the next couple of seasons and I would love us to give him that chance. He would stabilise the club, wouldn't accept egotistical players acting like they're above him, doesn't have any worries about blooding young players and would build a club for the future.

The Drogba and Terry comments, I can bet, were a direct questions about the Mourinho speculation. They said a line about he's a good manager, and that's it, now Sky & ESPN are making a massive deal about it.

Me too. I honestly reckon he could get Swansea to mid-table by next year and then maybe challenge for Europe League.

Yeah, need to see how he does in 'bad moments' and all that. He's got a bright future in this management game though, his rise to the top has to be gradual.