Great tactical analysis of the match against Napoli

manco

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scared for the return match. What's chelsea tactics in home match? is it the same of San Paolo?

we always play the same formation (with small variation)... usually we play 4-1-2-2-1 (4-3-3), sometimes we play 4-2-3-1 (we used that at Napoli). At Napoli we played without a defensive midfielder and a man in the "hole" (Mata).. but usually we play Mata on the left wing and 3 deep midfielders without a central playmaker.

It's hard to say which one will Boas prefer. It was pretty much suicide to play so attacking in Napoli.. but at home we MUST attack and score without conceding, it's a hard task tactically. I think we'll start with 4-3-3 and change to 4-2-3-1 if we're playing bad.

He's been terrible all season, wtf are u talking about?

Yes he's been terrible all season, but that match he was one of our best players surprisingly, if he could cross a ball he would of got man of the match, but nevermind about that. It's obivously a one off Malouda had a good game and he still needs ditching, this is why we have to get Benayoun back to add options to our team, because we havent got any, playing Malouda in midfield says it all.

He's been terrible all season, wtf are u talking about?

did you even watch the match?

he was one of our best players, along with Cech.

Yes he's been terrible all season, but that match he was one of our best players surprisingly, if he could cross a ball he would of got man of the match, but nevermind about that. It's obivously a one off Malouda had a good game and he still needs ditching, this is why we have to get Benayoun back to add options to our team, because we havent got any, playing Malouda in midfield says it all.

He is 32 years old, though....

Also, does this really warrant a new thread? It could have been posted in the napoli post-match thread. There are like a hundred new threads every day now.

Haha Benayoun? You must be joking

Even Israel's national coach is thinking of leaving him on the bench...and he doesn't have many options

We need to let Lukas and Josh play and get another AMC, or put Mata there and get another forward

Haha Benayoun? You must be joking

Even Israel's national coach is thinking of leaving him on the bench...and he doesn't have many options

We need to let Lukas and Josh play and get another AMC, or put Mata there and get another forward

Stop being a fool, Lucas Piazon is 18 with hardly any experience, other reserves have had more experience, but probably have less potential. And getting Josh back is stopping his developement in my opinion, because he isn't gonna play at all, we recall him for an option he will only be backup on the bench, if that, AVB doesn't like playing youngsters he has proven that. Benayoun has gotten Arsenal 6 points alone this season, wheres the logic in that?, not only have we helped Arsenal be a threat to us, we have no creative players in our team, Benayoun hasn't hardly played that's why he is getting considered on the bench, Benayoun is a creative player, not great but he can pass a ball, where Meireles and Ramires can't, he also has a bit of vision that's why he must be in our team because we need that player

we currently have 6 midfielders, 5 of them are defensive, romeu, essien, mikel very defensive, meireles and ramires are box to box, defensive but add some pace to the game and get up a bit but still not enough because we fail time and time again with these players. And we have Lampard, out of form, old, useless, and he's an attacking type player, Lampard can only play well in a team where he isn't relyed on, Lampard needs a good player behind him to pass the ball, you put Lampard deep he wont do much, and he's shown that.

That's why we need Benayoun, to stop him helping Arsenal because why on earth are we doing that?, and to give us an option, you also didn't read what i said last time, an OPTION, not a fucking starting position, to have him on the bench and help us rotate, and also help us to stop playing players twice a week and getting them knackered.

Main problem for me is AVB did not play a proper DM in front of the back 4. Both Meireles and Ramires got forward on several occasions and when our attacks break down, Napoli have clear run through the middle on our exposed and backtracking defence.

Malouda was one of our better players. He did well.

I wanted to say I wanted a fresh Supa Frank to finish the match. I always felt we would be down @ the 75 minute mark. However I thought AVB waited too long to take out Malouda & to bring in Supa Frank. Same w/ Tuffie, who had a yellow card as well. I thought Tuffie could be moved @ 45 minute mark. He was being used by Napoli's midfield.

Stop being a fool, Lucas Piazon is 18 with hardly any experience, other reserves have had more experience, but probably have less potential. And getting Josh back is stopping his developement in my opinion, because he isn't gonna play at all, we recall him for an option he will only be backup on the bench, if that, AVB doesn't like playing youngsters he has proven that. Benayoun has gotten Arsenal 6 points alone this season, wheres the logic in that?, not only have we helped Arsenal be a threat to us, we have no creative players in our team, Benayoun hasn't hardly played that's why he is getting considered on the bench, Benayoun is a creative player, not great but he can pass a ball, where Meireles and Ramires can't, he also has a bit of vision that's why he must be in our team because we need that player

we currently have 6 midfielders, 5 of them are defensive, romeu, essien, mikel very defensive, meireles and ramires are box to box, defensive but add some pace to the game and get up a bit but still not enough because we fail time and time again with these players. And we have Lampard, out of form, old, useless, and he's an attacking type player, Lampard can only play well in a team where he isn't relyed on, Lampard needs a good player behind him to pass the ball, you put Lampard deep he wont do much, and he's shown that.

That's why we need Benayoun, to stop him helping Arsenal because why on earth are we doing that?, and to give us an option, you also didn't read what i said last time, an OPTION, not a fucking starting position, to have him on the bench and help us rotate, and also help us to stop playing players twice a week and getting them knackered.

We don't need options. We need good players.