Chelsea players need to learn English because without a common language you are fucked ! !

Badboy

If you look at it properly, Bosingwa, Ramires and David Luiz can't speak English they only speak Portuguese so they basically rely on each other. So there is a natural tribal divide going on and its showing on the pitch which ain't good. How can you have team unity when half the bloody first eleven can't even have a conversation ? An interpreter can be used but lets be honest that ain't the same ! David Luiz and Ramires have been here for over a year now and Bosingwa has been here for years and they basically can't be bothered learning the language. Tevez has been in England for yonks and he can't speak English at all. I could hardly speak English when I arrived in England in the 90's but I had to learn quickly because its a horrible barrier, the language barrier is a horrible horrible horrible barrier and it has to be broken down.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at it properly, Bosingwa, Ramires and David Luiz can't speak English they only speak Portuguese so they basically rely on each other. So there is a natural tribal divide going on and its showing on the pitch which ain't good. How can you have team unity when half the bloody first eleven can't even have a conversation ? An interpreter can be used but lets be honest that ain't the same ! David Luiz and Ramires have been here for over a year now and Bosingwa has been here for years and they basically can't be bothered learning the language. Tevez has been in England for yonks and he can't speak English at all. I could hardly speak English when I arrived in England in the 90's but I had to learn quickly because its a horrible barrier, the language barrier is a horrible horrible horrible barrier and it has to be broken down.

This guy needs to be warn or get ban, cause he keeps trolling around!

I'm pretty sure the club and the players themselves are doing their utmost best to remedy the language barrier. Besides, we have Paulo Fereirra B)

Yes ,the ' tribal divide ' that occurred when Guillit , Vialli , Di Matteo and Zola came together didn't work at all . Polarized the dressing room and created disharmony . Shame Zola never learnt the language with a little help from Wise . Ship Luiz ( Who probably speaks more English than Capello by now ) and the rest of them out !

Badboy if you created this topic it's pretty pointless. I agree Ramires, David Luiz and Bosingwa can't discuss politics, philosophy or medicine on the pitch, but don't you think they are familiar with expressions such as pass the ball, run, make a tackle, run back, I hurt my knee or so. There is a barrier between our players, in that part you are probably right, but it's not the language barrier. If only ...

Besides, you don't know how bad their English really is. Even if they don't use English in public they are probably familiar with basics, which is sufficient for their needs.

i think its a excellent topic.Its obvious in any walk of life that if people speak different languages its going to effect communication and social cohesion which is crucial on the pitch. I dont think there really is a tribal split in our team as from what ive seen our team gets on very well. But i think it would be very useful if the whole team spoke a good level of English.

Badboy if you created this topic it's pretty pointless. I agree Ramires, David Luiz and Bosingwa can't discuss politics, philosophy or medicine on the pitch, but don't you think they are familiar with expressions such as pass the ball, run, make a tackle, run back, I hurt my knee or so. There is a barrier between our players, in that part you are probably right, but it's not the language barrier. If only ...

Besides, you don't know how bad their English really is. Even if they don't use English in public they are probably familiar with basics, which is sufficient for their needs.

You obviously have never played in a football team before at any level Laura. Team bonding is the most important thing in the game. The players don't only see each other only on the pitch they see each other multiple times over the week whether they are in training or in team bonding exercises. I think its a problem that needs to be sorted out in this league as a whole, you have players like Tevez and Bosingwa who have been in this country for years and they can't speak the language. You need to learn the language !

This is a really stupid topic.

I think a language barrier if there even is one is the least of our problems.

I dont know about Bosingwa but Luiz speaks pretty good English now, considering he's only been here a year and didn't know any when he moved.

Team bonding is not the most important thing. I've watched videos of the players chasing each other around the training ground and throwing each other to the ground and flick each others ears,all in all our team look well bonded to me but are we playing well? No we are playing like shit so there goes the importance of team moral theory. Cole and yorke at manure hated each other but they were a great strike partnership. As for the boys who don't speak the lingo, I agree it would be more helpful but its never going to be enforced by the league or the clubs. You could ask players to try and learn the language ala Jose but ultimately if they don't want to they wont.

Says who?

luiz_drogba_phone.jpg