Andreas Christensen

Wilson

38 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Echo's my thought's.

Most Of the time i can understand a POV even if i disagree, but one thing i just don't understand is why the loan system offends people so much.

I think it only really offends people outside the club...ala the journos and rival club fans, who just think we're cheating the system, when actually just exploiting it. Inside, they probably wish their clubs did the same

8 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I think it only really offends people outside the club...ala the journos and rival club fans, who just think we're cheating the system, when actually just exploiting it. Inside, they probably wish their clubs did the same

There's defiantly been Chelsea fans who have moaned about it before. 

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

IInter are interested in signing Andreas Christensen but would have to pay Chelsea in the region of €25m (£22.4m) to sign the defender, reports Tuttosport.

Bullshit.

Without pulling off some incredibly unlikely signing such as van Dijk there's zero chance the club are letting go of another defender. The CB department is pretty much the only outfield position in the squad that is not severely lacking in numbers at the moment so to even link someone with a move is ludicrous. 

15 hours ago, Tomo said:

Echo's my thought's.

Most Of the time i can understand a POV even if i disagree, but one thing i just don't understand is why the loan system offends people so much.

I dont think anyone opposes the loan system ... In fact it is a good and a brilliant strategy.

The problem is the loan system was suppose to be a sub set where we use it to see who is good and who is bad so that they are then integrated into the first team thus saving loads of money along with talent in the process. The sub set is no longer a sub set to integrate youth but it now something which is used to churn out money for the club. Thats why lot of us are disappointed that we could have archived more through this loan process. 

P.S. Dont get me wrong, making money through any channel is good but for me the vision was just not making money through this system

16 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I really hope that by the end of the season our back three is Rudiger-Luiz-Christensen, with Azpi as RWB of course.

There's no way is Dave a RWB... a brilliant defender and I love the guy, a fabulous RB/RCB but that's it, he's too slow and not a particulary good crosser, so RWB 'fraid not

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

I dont think anyone opposes the loan system ... In fact it is a good and a brilliant strategy.

The problem is the loan system was suppose to be a sub set where we use it to see who is good and who is bad so that they are then integrated into the first team thus saving loads of money along with talent in the process. The sub set is no longer a sub set to integrate youth but it now something which is used to churn out money for the club. Thats why lot of us are disappointed that we could have archived more through this loan process. 

P.S. Dont get me wrong, making money through any channel is good but for me the vision was just not making money through this system

If all goes well with Christensen we would have gained two top class player's from the loan system in 4 year's.  In Courtois we basically got a £40m keeper for free and Andreas would have cost a lot to prise from Gladbach had they owned him.

If we can have a ratio of gaining a first teamer from the loan system every 2 or 3 year's on average, that alone justifies the system even before we factor in the profits we make on the one's who don't make the grade and (popular to popular belief) the great way it helps the player's.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If all goes well with Christensen we would have gained two top class player's from the loan system in 4 year's.  In Courtois we basically got a £40m keeper for free and Andreas would have cost a lot to prise from Gladbach had they owned him.

If we can have a ratio of gaining a first teamer from the loan system every 2 or 3 year's on average, that alone justifies the system even before we factor in the profits we make on the one's who don't make the grade and (popular to popular belief) the great way it helps the player's.

I hear u and I agree ... Though I wouldnt look at Courtois as someone who came from our youth ranks but Loan system nevertheless. 

The problem is that there is still a big "If' in your statements ... By now the "if" should had been gone. Thats why the disappoint I feel.

I hope it pan out the way U put it and that will surely help someone like me see light at the end of the tunnel. 

If Andreas does not get at shot at this, then nobody will. 

This guy had a great season in loan, and his performances demand he is given a chance.

Don't even think the club has a choice here because mishandling this situation could jeopardize the entire loan system.

14 minutes ago, Robguima said:

If Andreas does not get at shot at this, then nobody will. 

Lol chill dude. Let's see what happens come beginning of season. Seems Rudiger will be used RWB so it means Cahill, Azpilicueta, Luiz and Christensen are all competing for 3 positions. He'll be given time, like Musonda since we're only 2 wingers in for 2 wing positions lmao. 

41 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Lol chill dude. Let's see what happens come beginning of season. Seems Rudiger will be used RWB so it means Cahill, Azpilicueta, Luiz and Christensen are all competing for 3 positions. He'll be given time, like Musonda since we're only 2 wingers in for 2 wing positions lmao. 

ah perhaps I did not express myself well enough. My point was that he WILL get a chance, precisely because the conditions demand that he will.

Like I wrote, the club has no choice.

57 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

What makes you think Rüdiger is the one for RWB? Against Arsenal he came on for Alonso but it was Azpilicueta who got shifted from RCB to LWB and Rüdiger replaced Azpi in the back three.

Anyways, with the increased amount of games coming up this season there should be more than enough chances for Christensen IF the manager rates him, but right now the jury is still out on whether he actually does or if Christensen will end up the same as Ake in Conte's books. I hope he does make it but with all the rumours of Conte still wanting to bring in Van Dijk I shall have my doubts.

On 8/7/2017 at 9:32 PM, LDN Blue said:

Wait Toni is competing for wingback not CB?