Andreas Christensen

Wilson

Frank likes him as a player? He has played under 700 minutes in the PL this season. He has used him sparingly more than Sarri did but I dont think he really rates him considering the constant links to CBs and talk of him leaving.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Frank likes him as a player? He has played under 700 minutes in the PL this season. He has used him sparingly more than Sarri did but I dont think he really rates him considering the constant links to CBs and talk of him leaving.

Christensen has actually already played more this season in the league than last. He's played 672 PL minutes this term, compared to 615 last season. Got majority of his minutes in the Europa League last season.

Just now, Jason said:

Christensen has actually already played more this season in the league than last. He's played 672 PL minutes this term, compared to 615 last season. Got majority of his minutes in the Europa League last season.

I know but that is still only the equivalent of what like almost 8 PL games. Out of 21. Considering the amount of times FL has used a back 3 as well and Christensen hasnt been in there either, it makes me wonder. Ake links dont make sense either if he really rates AC.

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

I know but that is still only the equivalent of what like almost 8 PL games. Out of 21. Considering the amount of times FL has used a back 3 as well and Christensen hasnt been in there either, it makes me wonder. Ake links dont make sense either if he really rates AC.

Maybe Lampard does rate Christensen, maybe he doesn't but if it's the latter, then Lampard sure knows how to make it look convincing with his lengthy explanation. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe Lampard does rate Christensen, maybe he doesn't but if it's the latter, then Lampard sure knows how to make it look convincing with his lengthy explanation. :lol: 

I just dont buy it.

I mean Andreas had huge success when he broke in to our team in a back 3 under Conte. Frank talks about his ability about picking the right pass/quality of pass yet how many times have we seen Zouma in that middle CB role when we have used a 3? Overhitting poor long range passes? Or Rudiger on the right side doing the exact same?

I think if we got 30m or 40m the club would sell Andreas without hesitation and I doubt Frank would stand in their way.

He has certainly regressed the last 2 years. No doubt. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I just dont buy it.

I mean Andreas had huge success when he broke in to our team in a back 3 under Conte. Frank talks about his ability about picking the right pass/quality of pass yet how many times have we seen Zouma in that middle CB role? Overhitting poor long range passes? Or Rudiger on the right side doing the exact same?

I think if we got 30m or 40m the club would sell Andreas without hesitation and I doubt Frank would stand in their way.

Guess take it with a pinch of salt because Lampard certainly isn't going to throw someone under the bus. 

I don't think he or the club is completely sold on Ake. Otherwise, we would have activated the buy back clause by now. They might just be biding their time for the summer. 

wellll bläääääääääääääääääää

looks like my last several days take that there is a good possibility we make no real moves this January is fast becoming a potential reality

and then come summer it will be the old 'Well, we simply cannot make THAT many moves in one window', so only a few things might get addressed, if even those few

really is a dangerous game of chicken we are moving toward

if we shit out on Chilwell, Sancho (I do not see us spending the money it takes to buy him, I gotta call it like I see it am) and then Werner (plus perhaps even lose out on Dembele as a shit tonne of other clubs will be (and are now) chasing him), we are really going to be in a tight spot

especially if we lose Willian on a free (and even keeping him is not really THAT great a prize, especially as he will be 32 and 33yo if we renew him for a 2 year)

we also may likely still be stuck with most all of the loan dregs on the books still (and rapidly devaluing each window that passes)

and be stuck with the same two (plus emergency Azpi) fails at LB

Also we may very well have no remotely affordable options at CB (as Ake will now be off the table do to his buybackback, plus the other two young EPL CB's (Caglar Söyüncü (who is soon going to cost Maguire level cash is he continues to explode in quality) especially and then even Diop, who was NEVER going to be sold for only 40m, that was a pipe dream) be even more expensive) and IF our current CB's regress or simply do not play collectively well, we are then looking at £70m to 100m options across the board (or damn near it) other than Diop, who was always going to go for at least 50m, if not more, as well

for wingers, if no Sancho, it will make even less sense to drop £80m on Zaha 6, 7 months from now, as he will be only a few months away from 28 if we do it in then, so hlf a year less than even the short peak time he has left

no clue on CF if we miss on Werner and Dembele as my true first choice is a player the club will not spend the type of quid it will take to land him (Lautaro Martinez, who will not come here anyway, especially if we have no CL to offer)

Kante will probably not even be discussed, so that square peg/round hole situ will continue to fester (and we can truly kiss goodbye to even getting even a remotely huge cash-out from him, as he turns 30 in a little over a year from now), and DMF IS A HUGE ISSUE. Our entire defence has been shambolic much of the time due to poor poor defensive play in MF. Kante has been a shadow in his new role when it comes to disruption.

AMF (and a profound lack of creativity overall) will also quite possibly remain an issue, I cannot see us dropping the quid for a Maddison or Havertz type, and see zero links for ages with Zaniolo. Isco turns 29yo towards the final quarter of next season, so he is so not a long term answer (if he ever was) It will be Mount and a dice-roll (due to horrid injury) RLC or die perhaps. Barkley sure will be gone (although I can even see us bollocks up that)

Dog help us all if we miss out on CL next year, as it will set up multiple negative feedbacks loops in terms of FFP revenues, spending and recruitment itself.

It is very unlikely to happen (I so hope) BUT IF many, if not most of our young players simply do not fully blossom we are in for years of trouble in terms of getting back to a top 4 most every year level, let alone challenging for major trophies

I am very unhappy with lack of problem addressing so far and a reliance, an over-reliance of 'hoping for reversals of form' and the settling for garbage like all our LB options

I think most of us (I admit I did) thought the £150m spend figure was for January alone

but as I have started to say, I now am worried it is the entire budget for 2020, period.

OR

it all is a sham, a gaslight job, and Roman and Marina have no real intention (after he dropped in a crazy amount of money and still ended up with an insane net £100m loss) of spending much of anything resembling these huge sums we envision (even though huge sums are (or can be) being brought in from sales and potential sales)

TBH, I have never seen ANY figures officially quoted at all when it comes to budgets

everything 'official' has been, nope, not selling this one or that one, and nope, not buying this one or that one

the whole Ake no-go stance starting on the 1st of the year is what has lead me to rethink, and take a negative stance, combined with my fathers sources from several months back who said we were in contraction time (I think they were sorta tipping their hand about the big upcoming loss), and then the huge official net loss itself when it actually manifested via the club's announcement

I do not like simply going with the old 'It will get better as I believe these players playing like pish will magically improve after years of play showing otherwise' shite

and the lack of sales of dregs and/or petty cock-blocks over and with Conte/Inter (which is on Marina and Roman anyway, they fucked over a truly great manager)

4 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

Tbf he does have that face that looks like he will shit his pants any second during a match. 

Anyways he had his chance this season, started two important games against Valencia and Everton and still looked abysmal.

4 months earlier, same thing

Sarri says Christensen left the bench early vs Arsenal because he suffers from nerves

https://www.givemesport.com/1446130-sarri-says-christensen-left-the-bench-early-vs-arsenal-because-he-suffers-from-nerves

I like Christensen but he really does seem both mentally and physically weak. For the position he plays that's a killer combination. He should go back to Germany as that league really suited him.

5 minutes ago, lucio said:

I wish he and rudiger would be our starting CBS, they have done well together before. Tomori is ok but zouma is horrible still

I think the common theme is Christensen and Zouma are a disaster together but both work well with Fik or Rudi.

Another example of fans writing of a player. How much fans have turned on him? I get, he is not been that impressive over last few months but the guy is 23. Has years and years ahead to brush up on his deficiencies. There is never patience from fans. If he has a good successive spell of games, you will get fans now performing a U-turn and thinking he is actually a good defender/player but instead of supporting the player, like Lamps has come out and done, there is a huge chunk of people who want him gone. Let's support our boys is the moral of the story.

5 minutes ago, Stats said:

Another example of fans writing of a player. How much fans have turned on him? I get, he is not been that impressive over last few months but the guy is 23. Has years and years ahead to brush up on his deficiencies. There is never patience from fans. If he has a good successive spell of games, you will get fans now performing a U-turn and thinking he is actually a good defender/player but instead of supporting the player, like Lamps has come out and done, there is a huge chunk of people who want him gone. Let's support our boys is the moral of the story.

He played very well yesterday

it was nice to see a 'confident on the ball' AC versus the lumbering Zouma for a change

and Rudiger seems to play better with him (AC) as well, in terms of spacing and passing

I hope AC keeps it up

he has been like Zouma and Tomori, so up and down

my main issue was was Ake, as the buyback is an under market price, and Ake is left-footed and has played LB at times

but it is clear that we will not be selling any of our 4 CB's

and Guehi goes on loan to help his growth

the only CB's (I was not the biggest Ake fan other than the SECOND buy, as I wanted us to ditch both Zouma and AC for a combined £80 or so) I was talking about were actual WC ones

Romagnoli, Skriniar, José Giménez, Marqinhos, a healthy Konate, Varane (with Kante as bait in a possible 2 for 1 deal Varane plus one of their 2 young LB's for Kante, which would be BRILLIANT business) etc etc,

BUT those are simply not going to happen, we are no longer a club that is going to buy those types, so we need to roll the dice and develop them ourselves

I am not sold on Diop at all

and that leaves only one other option up to my standards atm, and Leicester are not going to sell Caglar Söyüncü in the summer, as they will surely be losing Chilwell (probably not to us)

I am FAR more worried about

LB! (nightmare atm)

DMF (Kante absolutely needs to be sold this summer, as we clearly will not play him correctly and it is fucking numpty to shit away £100-120m in sales revenue, given our poor financial results. Kante actually hurts the team when he is forced to play a forward-leaning CMF, he has been shit poor on and off all season. It isn't his fault, he just simply doesn't have the skillet to play there at all, and it is killing his actual strengths)

Winger (especially if Willian leaves on a free, as we are down to only TWO wingers on the entire team then, and neither are a true RWers, although CHO looks the stronger there over Puli)

and CF (nightmare worse than even LB if Tammy cannot play)

I expect little to happen this window (so stupid to not poach Telles, grrrrr)

but if those 4 just listed things are not sorted in the summer, we are in deep shit, especially long term lookout as FFP will bit us hard if we do not make CL damn near very year

there is ZERO chance we can roll on with the same players (and minus some who are leaving) at those 4 crucial positions and not have massive issues

this coming summer is arguably the most important window in the history of the club since 2004

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I am packing it in on CB talk

I am 90% plus sure than none of our 4 are going to be sold

and we will just wait and watch on Guehi and Ampadu

Lamps and the board (probably rightly so) do not rate Ake as a £40m backup LB, which watching him there against Watford now, is not a super fit for him anyway

I have watched a tonne of tape on Diop

pass

as for the truly WC CB's none are either affordable, available or will come here (or some combo of that)

the only one I would maybe try for in summer (and so doubt he is sold in 2020) would be Caglar Söyüncü

if he is not sold, and if Zouma and/or AC regress in 2020-21, perhaps we can make a huge play for him in summer of 2021

but other than that

it is pointless

Twitter and YouTube are still full of thousands (literally) of fools who are sure we will any day now drop £100m for a slumping and 30yo-at-the-end-of-next season Koulibaly (let alone the fact we would have to deal with the poison dwarf) IF we were just one piece away from winning the CL and title this or next year, then sure, why not, but overall, HELL NO, and he would crush our budget too