Wilson
Followers 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Andreas Christensen defends controversial Chelsea loan system: 'They don't just abandon you... I'm a better and tougher player now' http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4731906/And

Any argument about Azpi in the bench should stop immediately. He's one of the first names on the team sheet. 

It seems like Chelsea youngsters fail to truly connect with the club because of the lack of a genuine opportunity in the first team. Barely anyone seems hell bent on breaking through at the club. You'

Posted Images

If he continues like this, then he could be the one to replace Thiago Silva when he retires. I hope he just stays consistent, because he could be a gem. He's 24 years old, an academy grad and completely free. 

Maybe we can get a physically imposing centreback like Süle/Giminez to partner with him and Silva for next season and beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 05/03/2021 at 13:31, MoroccanBlue said:

Let's not get too overboard. We saw the same thing under Conte. 

Dave, Rudiger, Christensen, and Alonso have probably benefited the most in this change of system. Play those same defenders in a back 4, they will go from looking like Ferrari's to Ford KA's

Christensen lost the plot post Barca in a back three, i imagine the confidence blow combined with Conte's behaviour at that point was a pretty heavy thing for a 20 year old to deal with.

Under Sarri he had that shocker vs Liverpool where he was took off for his own good but after that largely did ok when called upon (always in a back 4) and was fantastic in Baku.

Last season he was shit but Kepa and Willy tax needs to be factored here, even Thiago looked nervous playing with the latter. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Happy anniversary! 

Today is exactly 4 years since his last goal for any club. 

That may be true, however if he continues to play like he is currently there is no need to for him to score goals. That is the job of the WB's, CM's, AM's and CF's. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

That may be true, however if he continues to play like he is currently there is no need to for him to score goals. That is the job of the WB's, CM's, AM's and CF's. 

But wouldn't it be nice if our central defenders can score!? Only Silva and Zouma have done so this season. Rudiger and Christensen haven't done it. It's always good if the CBs can score the goal or two. We used to have plenty of those with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Carvalho etc.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jason said:

But wouldn't it be nice if our central defenders can score!? Only Silva and Zouma have done so this season. Rudiger and Christensen haven't done it. It's always good if the CBs can score the goal or two. We used to have plenty of those with Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Carvalho etc.

It is nice to have but if your CB's and GK are contributing 2 goals conceded in 11/12 games or whatever and one was an own goal. I am happy for them not to score and keep that sort of record going.

Of course, goals are handy but I want my CB's to defend. If they do that to a high level, getting the odd goal is way down my priority list. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Been nominated for player of month in Premier League. Who would have thought?

Well, I for one always maintained that he was our best (non-Silva) CB from a technical and tactical standpoint.

The problem with him was always mentality, which I will admit I did worry he wouldn't be able to sort at times. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chelsea should sign a new contract with him. He deserved it. Think about it: why did we let Tomori go to Milan on loan if he was better than Christensen.