Andreas Christensen

Wilson

11 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Christensen suffer from Matic syndrome: a decent player turned into world class by fans after watching one great performance. Matic debut against City back in 2014 was superb. The thing is, he never managed to emulate that performance. For many months people were labelling Matic as the best DM in the world...The fella is good, but not even close of being as good as some people pictured. I'm go as far as saying that at the end of the day he was just a little better than Mikel.

Christensen had one great performance against United last season, then for the rest of the reason he was just average, with some shambolic performances here and there. I never understood why in the summer window most people were putting Christensen as an undisputed starting player ahead of Luiz and Rudiger. There is a myth that Christensen was great last season minus his mistake against Barcelona, but in my books thats not really the case, thats why at the end of the season he wasn't even starting games anymore.

Have to agree.

He started well for a young guy who had limited PL gametime but after the Barca game when he made that awful pass his condidence seemed shot and he was continously poor in many other games, particularly against lower opposition such as Watford and Bournemouth.

That said I think hes proved for Sarri in some games he is a reliable option but Rudiger and Luiz, who I am not the biggest fan of because he can be provide a cock up every so often, are the best pairing we have at the moment. AC needs to push his way in through good performances and not based on the fact hes 22 or 23 years old and can be a long term CB option or whatever.

Also, his passing against Sheffield was encouring. He is decent with the ball but needs to not be afraid to take risks and step into MF and try what he did to assist CHO more. Luiz does this to great effect almost every game and its a big part of why Sarri likes him Id imagine so if he can continue to improve in this regard as well as continue to be solid enough defensively when he gets a chance, you never know. Like CHO, Ampadu, there is natural talent there. He can be developed.

Just needs to work and make that spot his own with dominant performances if he gets a run of games like he did under Conte before his form turned. Im not sure that he is physically at the level he should be either, hes quite slight for a CB.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Have to agree.

He started well for a young guy who had limited PL gametime but after the Barca game when he made that awful pass his condidence seemed shot and he was continously poor in many other games, particularly against lower opposition such as Watford and Bournemouth.

That said I think hes proved for Sarri in some games he is a reliable option but Rudiger and Luiz, who I am not the biggest fan of because he can be provide a cock up every so often, are the best pairing we have at the moment. AC needs to push his way in through good performances and not based on the fact hes 22 or 23 years old and can be a long term CB option or whatever.

Also, his passing against Sheffield was encouring. He is decent with the ball but needs to not be afraid to take risks and step into MF and try what he did to assist CHO more. Luiz does this to great effect almost every game and its a big part of why Sarri likes him Id imagine so if he can continue to improve in this regard as well as continue to be solid enough defensively when he gets a chance, you never know. Like CHO, Ampadu, there is natural talent there. He can be developed.

Just needs to work and make that spot his own with dominant performances if he gets a run of games like he did under Conte before his form turned. Im not sure that he is physically at the level he should be either, hes quite slight for a CB.

It's shocking he is so weak mentally/confidence-wise. Most Danes are iron hard. To compare Nordic CB's, Lindelöf has turned the corner and is mostly playing lights out agin now, after 2 shakey years. And look at our Swedish captain in the WC, Andreas Granqvist. He was an absolute beast every game.

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It's shocking he is so weak mentally/confidence-wise. Most Danes are iron hard. To compare Nordic CB's, Lindelöf has turned the corner and is mostly playing lights out agin now, after 2 shakey years. And look at our Swedish captain in the WC, Andreas Granqvist. He was an absolute beast every game.

I think as a young player if you make 3, 4 or 5 big mistakes/really bad performances its more difficult than if your an established player. Especially here with the history regarding youngsters too. Doesnt help inspire young players with confidence about chances, never mind second chances after bad performances.

39 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think as a young player if you make 3, 4 or 5 big mistakes/really bad performances its more difficult than if your an established player. Especially here with the history regarding youngsters too. Doesnt help inspire young players with confidence about chances, never mind second chances after bad performances.

He needs to be sold back to a good Bundesliga team.

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim would be perfect. Billionaire owner who can afford it, and a waiting CB partner in Kevin Vogt

or even better

Eintracht Frankfurt

I would do a dance of joy if we got Evan N'Dicka:wub: plus £15m for him. BEAST

ffa9a4064deaaae69c2d813fe2003fb9.png

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he just doesn't have the right mentality. Shy, has to go to toilet?! Probably grow up with golden spoon in wealth of Denmark. I bet as a kid he went to piano or cello classes...

I actually find it sad that he didn't - or hasn't, lived up to JTs and our expectations of him. I know that I wanted him to be future captain one day.

He looked to be set to becoming a lifelong Chels but something just snapped and it all went Pete Tong.

I do think he has some type of insecurities, or just the wrong character,mindset for a strong defender.

SOMETHING obviously occurred when he took his long piss break.i hope the truth comes out in the wash.

11 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Have to agree.

If you're referring to those 0-3 and 4-1 games this time last year he only played like half an hour of the first game while it was still 0-0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing on Christensen?

Thought he was very good yesterday atleast for the first hour and seems to be slowly recovering from his massive fall from grace he had 2018. Should be looking at slowly replacing him and Luiz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...