Andreas Christensen

Wilson

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Fans right off players way too quickly it is astonishing. Christensen is only 22 and I still think he will become a top CB. Fans are very fickle. Opinions change way too easily.

Dont think its fair to say were being fickle. He has be really average and made a huge amount of mistakes in the last 8 or 9 months. If anything its fickle to think 3 months of good performances make somebody potentially a top CB. Fair enough he can still improve, hes only 22 but hes been cut a lot of slack too.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont think its fair to say were being fickle. He has be really average and made a huge amount of mistakes in the last 8 or 9 months. If anything its fickle to think 3 months of good performances make somebody potentially a top CB. Fair enough he can still improve, hes only 22 but hes been cut a lot of slack too.

It is not just 3 months. It is 2 really successful seasons at Gladbach. Being nominated their played of the season at a really young age. He has showed in enough games for us that he is really talented. He will make mistakes like any other defender his age. I would not expect a defender at 22 to be the complete article but the fact that some people are again stating he should be sold is really fickle. He will improve and I think if he was in a City or Barca team he would look a lot better. Like I say there is not a lot of CB imo in the same age bracket as him who are better.

29 minutes ago, Stats said:

if he was in a City or Barca team he would look a lot better.

Why?

I'm disappointed in him. I and I'm sure all of us really wanted to see him here becoming best in his position. But he looked totally lost in a couple of games under Conte and it seemed to get into his head and not been right ever since.

If we could go back he might have been better off with another year on loan but it seemed he was ready and up for the chance. Same with Happy.

We either loan him to Barca or sell him with a buy back clause in hopes.

24 minutes ago, Stats said:

It is not just 3 months. It is 2 really successful seasons at Gladbach. Being nominated their played of the season at a really young age. He has showed in enough games for us that he is really talented. He will make mistakes like any other defender his age. I would not expect a defender at 22 to be the complete article but the fact that some people are again stating he should be sold is really fickle. He will improve and I think if he was in a City or Barca team he would look a lot better. Like I say there is not a lot of CB imo in the same age bracket as him who are

Playing for Chelsea and Gladbach is different. Not saying he should 100% be sold, an offer of 45-55m, would be a good deal because its clear that Sarri doesnt fully trust him. The fact we tried to sign Rugani in the summer too despite Luiz and Rudiger showing they were first choice selection, was alarn bells for me too. The 2 seasons at Gladbach where he was good doesnt mean jackshit if he gave a lot of below average performances and cost us games on a regular basis over a 8 or 9 month period. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Playing for Chelsea and Gladbach is different. Not saying he should 100% be sold, an offer of 45-55m, would be a good deal because its clear that Sarri doesnt fully trust him. The fact we tried to sign Rugani in the summer too despite Luiz and Rudiger showing they were first choice selection, was alarn bells for me too. The 2 seasons at Gladbach where he was good doesnt mean jackshit if he gave a lot of below average performances and cost us games on a regular basis over a 8 or 9 month period. 

Bit steep that valuation maybe. Almost as bad as Granny turning down the £60mill for Willian cause she wanted £65!

15 minutes ago, Stats said:

It is not just 3 months. It is 2 really successful seasons at Gladbach. Being nominated their played of the season at a really young age. He has showed in enough games for us that he is really talented. He will make mistakes like any other defender his age. I would not expect a defender at 22 to be the complete article but the fact that some people are again stating he should be sold is really fickle. He will improve and I think if he was in a City or Barca team he would look a lot better. Like I say there is not a lot of CB imo in the same age bracket as him who are better.

The CB's 22yo and under I do rate over him (and I do not think AC has been horrid at all, yes he has had some mistakes, but not the amount some say)

bold are my favourites for us (some are pipe dreams) who actually cold be sold to us (some are insanely expensive)

the deffo betters atm

Matthijs de Ligt   Ajax (best CB in world potentially down the road in 4, 5, 6 years)

Dayot Upamecano  RB Leipzig (20yo  potential Umiti clone, a beast, he, Tah, Süle, Milenkovic, Konate, and Dan-Axel Zagadou are the biggest CB's on the list, all are massive, all but Upamecano are well over 1.9m)

Lucas Hernández   Atletico Madrid (LB but pays CB as well)

Joe Gomez  Victimpool (going to a massive player, unfortunately)

Rúben Dias  Benfica

Éder Militão   Porto (the new flavour of the month rumour-wise)

Benjamin Pavard  Stuttgart (great RB too)

Thilo Kehrer  PSG (grrrrrrrrrr, damn Luiz deal we turned down, grrrrr, and he is a great RB too)

Jonathan Tah   Bayer Leverkusen

Davinson Sánchez  Spuds (hate to put a spuds player, but I would trade them straight up)

Abdou Diallo     Borussia Dortmund

then (1,2,3 years older but better atm)

23yo's atm there are seven for sure (José Giménez, Milan Skriniar, Niklas Süle, Alessio Romagnoli, Manuel Akanji, Presnel Kimpembe, and Clément Lenglet 

24yo's there are three to five (Laporte, Marquinhos, Stones, maybe Caldara and Rugani too)

25yo's there are four (Varane, Umtiti, Rudiger, Maguire)

finally then the young young potentials

Ampadu

Nikola Milenkovic     Fiorentina (potentially)

Dan-Axel Zagadou  Borussia Dortmund (1.96m  19yo monster)

Malang Sarr     Nice  (potentially)

Issa Diop     West Ham  (potentially, he has looked great the last 7 games or so)

Ibrahima Konaté    RB Leipzig (potentially)

finally, 18yo Jean-Clair Todibo    Toulouse (potentially, may be a superstar someday, still too early to tell, but he looks a beast)

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Why?

I'm disappointed in him. I and I'm sure all of us really wanted to see him here becoming best in his position. But he looked totally lost in a couple of games under Conte and it seemed to get into his head and not been right ever since.

If we could go back he might have been better off with another year on loan but it seemed he was ready and up for the chance. Same with Happy.

We either loan him to Barca or sell him with a buy back clause in hopes.

They keep the ball a lot better and rarely give it away. That is why Stones and Laporte have looked top class this season. Their possession stats. Christensen would suit the way they play and he would not get caught out defensively as much.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

It is different but it still showed signs of his potential and was excellent over there. He helped Gladbach qualify for UCL in his first season and to be voted player of the season for a team where you are on loan shows something. You cannot underestimate that. Bundesliga is a really tough league too. It was not too long ago that fans were hailing him as our best CB and he needed to be starting etc now suddenly people are stating he is not good enough. Where is the patience? Especially when you are not playing consecutively, it is not easy. I am not denying he has made mistakes, however I have seen enough from him to know that we should be patience with him. Part of it also is that he has come through the academy as well. He needs to work on his flaws but I am sure he will do that. I just don't like the idea of getting rid of young talent everytime it looks like they have flaws. Seen this too much in the past.

22 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Ours aren't bad bud!

Our problems arise in the final 1/3 when its time to go for the cum shot and all we feel is stress and tension instead of putting on that strange sex face and screaming YAHOOOOYA haha ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

:D:D:D lmao

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

I hope one day AC and Ampadu are our starting CBs, with Mount and RLC bossing midfield and Hudson-Odoi banging them in.

54 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Me too!

As ya know I'm a dreamer too!

But I'd need a couple of G of opium and some mescalin for one that deep.

But as my man Brooooce 'The Boss' Springsteen says in Prove it All Night - "If Dreams Came True Oh Wouldn't That Be Nice!"

Dream on my friends!

3 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

I hope one day AC and Ampadu are our starting CBs, with Mount and RLC bossing midfield and Hudson-Odoi banging them in.

I think Mount has the skills to back Jorginho up. He has the strength and passing skills to influence that position if given the chance to grow into it imo. 

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

I think Mount has the skills to back Jorginho up. He has the strength and passing skills to influence that position if given the chance to grow into it imo. 

That position is the complete opposite of what Mount is about, his game is something of a Lamps (timing of runs), Oscar (intellegent pressing) and KDB (vision) mix  (style wise may i stress, he's obviously not at that level yet and may never be). If we are looking from within for a Jorginho back up the most suitable player is Billy Gilmour.

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That position is the complete opposite of what Mount is about, his game is something of a Lamps (timing of runs), Oscar (intellegent pressing) and KDB (vision) mix  (style wise may i stress, he's obviously not at that level yet and may never be). If we are looking from within for a Jorginho back up the most suitable player is Billy Gilmour.

It's a ACM like Lamps that would send us up a notch IMO. We really do need someone to add some G & A's for us. Apart from the front 3.

I'm still not convinced about RLC there and upset Barkley hasn't stepped up neither. They just seem to find it hard to keep their form.

But would love to see them both come good. Save alot of hassle looking and money.

But with Mount IF we do lose RLC I think we need to gamble on bringing him into the 1st team as 2nd backup. If nothing more than HG.