Andreas Christensen

Wilson

On 10/10/2018 at 10:28 AM, El P. said:

He knows we will buy new centre back if Luiz can't do it anymore.

We are buying (or trying to buy) a new centre back regardless. Sarri wants Romagnoli now, which I would be thrilled with. Lolol, Sarri literally has went after the only 3 top quality, under 30yo Italian CB's now Rugani, Caldara, and now Romagnoli. Probably will fail on all three.

Bonucci will be 32 this coming spring, and there are only 2 other under 30yo's who are EPL level atm (and they are a drop down in quality to point I don't think they are Chelsea-level.)

Gian Marco Ferrari, a 26yo from Sassuolo

and 

Filippo Romagna, ex Juve 21yo, now at Cagliari.

Weird coincidence, every one listed abive except Romagnoli and Rugani are born in May.

Finally, on pure speculative potential,  there are 2

Alessandro Bastoni 19yo on loan at Parma from Inter

and

Marco Varnier 20yo at Atalanta, on loan from Cittadella (with obligation for Atalanta to buy in summer 2019). He has a bad knee injury now though.

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

No clue what you are talking about, AC had nothing to do with that goal. Cesc fucked about clearing it, then Azpi gave the ball back right before Sturridge scored off the rebound from Caballero's block.

Doubt me, look at it right here

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/09/26/liverpool-vs-chelsea-highlights-full-match/#3

the sequence starts at around 57 minutes and 20 secs on the game clock

Im not talking about the Sturridge goal I'm talking about the back pass that lead to Sturridge being one on one against Willy thank god Sturridge miss it 

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

Im not talking about the Sturridge goal I'm talking about the back pass that lead to Sturridge being one on one against Willy thank god Sturridge miss it 

Yes, sorry. I finally figured it out, lolol. It was a massive fuck up, you are absolutely right. It is becoming too common with him. Arfffff. Hopefully he works it out.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:33 AM, Johnnyeye said:

he needs to man up ffs, needs to fight his way back in to the team like everyone else, there is a reason he is on the bench, too error prone lately

too error prone? while he plays behind david luiz...

there is no reason why would he be benched for david luiz. i really dont understand. if we let christensen go, we finish this season and we are in a search for another cb again because of luiz's age...

17 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Sell with buy back clause. 

If we do this, we absolutely need to get serious and buy a truly WC CB.

In no order:

Matthijs de Ligt (the best on this list, IMHO will be the best CB or certainly top 3 or 4 on planet within 4 or 5 years or less)

Marquinhos

José Giménez 

Dayot Upamecano

Niklas Süle

Benjamin Pavard (best value as he can also play RB)

Alessio Romagnoli (Sarri's favourite)

Kalidou Koulibaly (this will be last summer I recco him, as he will be 28, and we would get only 2 under-30 full years out of him, Poison Dwarf will no doubt want too much (£80-100m) for a player his age.

Milan Skriniar

Rúben Dias (21yo, so impressed with him every game I have seen him play)

and maybe

Jonathan Tah (he so intrigues me, he and Rüdiger would be a terrifying duo)

Or

Nikola Milenkovic (same height as Tah, 1.95m, another huge but pacey beast)

Zero chance we can keep rolling with what we have if AC bounces out.

Sarri hits back at Andreas Christensen’s moans over game time

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelsea-sarri-moans/

Awk Christensen father moaning about his son not getting game time maybe if his son grow a back bone and started fighting for his place in the team instead of crying to his father or to the media FFS 

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Sarri hits back at Andreas Christensen’s moans over game time

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelsea-sarri-moans/

Awk Christensen father moaning about his son not getting game time maybe if his son grow a back bone and started fighting for his place in the team instead of crying to his father or to the media FFS 

To be fair Cahill did the same last time out and next thing we know his on the bench every game head of Christensen

Andreas Christensen’s father, Sten, has admitted that Chelsea have until Christmas to start using the promising centre-back on a regular basis or he will look for a move away from the club in January.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/christensen-ready-to-force-chelsea-exit-at-christmas-says/zdgmvmi3atyn1iqu2yp7au3yo

In light of recent events in hindsight the massive hype (he made it!) and comparisons to JT (lol) he got for that half a year period when he was starting, are becoming more and more cringy. Seems to have a weak mentality, the only thing he seems to have in common with him is that they're both center-backs.

5 hours ago, the wes said:

Andreas Christensen’s father, Sten, has admitted that Chelsea have until Christmas to start using the promising centre-back on a regular basis or he will look for a move away from the club in January.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/christensen-ready-to-force-chelsea-exit-at-christmas-says/zdgmvmi3atyn1iqu2yp7au3yo

if he hasnt got the will and patience to fight for his place then he can fuck off, danish princess

Nothing wrong with Christensen wanting to play week in week out but him crying over the lack of time in the media isn't going to win a place in the starting XI. Like Sarri said in his presser, Christensen has played 3 of the last 6 games - admittedly, they were cup games but still important games nonetheless - and it's his job to do well and say to Sarri "hey boss, this is why you should be playing me in every game!". But his performances in those 3 games weren't entirely convincing. So maybe he should start bucking up his ideas before going to moan about something you can (sorta) control.

He was given extra time last season under Conte when he was really underperforming and it didn't really help him. Still he looks uneasy in a back 4 under Sarri. He still needs to learn. He's got a good long term career chance here but demanding to play isn't the right way to do it when you've not put up any really good performances in the calendar year to prove otherwise. Luiz still worries me in a back 4 yes and I'd expect Christensen to get in there more regularly if he puts his head down and gets to work like Barkley did for instance. Rubén needs the same thing too, head down bit of hard work. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

He was given extra time last season under Conte when he was really underperforming and it didn't really help him. Still he looks uneasy in a back 4 under Sarri. He still needs to learn. He's got a good long term career chance here but demanding to play isn't the right way to do it when you've not put up any really good performances in the calendar year to prove otherwise. Luiz still worries me in a back 4 yes and I'd expect Christensen to get in there more regularly if he puts his head down and gets to work like Barkley did for instance. Rubén needs the same thing too, head down bit of hard work. 

Exactly.  these guys need to look at Barkley.  He got less than a sniff under Conte.  Not a peep.  New manager comes in and he went for it on day one, trying to show him that he should be considered a valuable member of the squad.  He's made himself valuable, Sarri can't afford to exclude him.