Andreas Christensen

Wilson

This next 2 transfer windows are going to be very big for us and some of ou players.

The full back position especially is going to be a hard decision. I loved Happy pre accident and pre Conti but I'm not sure how Conti sees him as important in our future.

We got Andreas and Ake both coming back with the same wants of being a regular starter too. So thats 3 talented young guys all itching to wear blue.

We got Luiz who I think couldn't be placed anywhere better on the CB line (MAYBE as a deep pocket playmaker tho) And I can't see Dave losing his place any time soon. But I would happily upgrade Gazza.

So will the Don with his history of masking up good defences buy in a CB or gamble on waiting a few weeks into pre season to see how the lads integrate into the team?

Theres no doubt  Andreas has picked up a wealth of experience on loan playing regular and in CL whereas Happy hasn't played very much at all plus recovering from a career ending injury for some. So tho I love him I'm dubious.

Ake has been solid. Had a good game against those north London lot last night I thought.

But as we can only use 3 I think Conte will buy one in and I hope could talk one of the lads into staying and fighting for his place.

We shall see.

• 1 month later...

If he wasn't a Chelsea player Chelsea fans wouldn't be able to control themselves when thinking about the prospect of him joining. Think of Stones, who was supposed to be Chelsea's saviour or something. Same goes for that Romagnoli bloke.

It would be a shame if he never got a real shot.

If he wasn't a Chelsea player Chelsea fans wouldn't be able to control themselves when thinking about the prospect of him joining. Think of Stones, who was supposed to be Chelsea's saviour or something. Same goes for that Romagnoli bloke.
It would be a shame if he never got a real shot.

I doubt he will, as there will always be talk of better alternative instead of giving our own a chance.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

UEL display suggests Chelsea may have their Terry replacement in Christensen

http://www.footballfancast.com/transfer-in-numbers/uel-display-suggests-chelsea-may-have-their-terry-replacement-in-christensen

Christensen-vs.-Fiorentina.jpg

Christensen would be perfect has a sweeper but Luiz playing in that position for us

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still dont know if hes the player we need but open to seeing how he fits in come the summer.

The problem is we wont have time to get someone else if we have to wait and see. And I cant see him staying to fight for a place

Andreas Christensen would like to U21 Championships

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://www.bt.dk/fodbold/andreas-christensen-vil-gerne-til-u21-em&prev=search

Andreas Christensen has played down rumours he could be set for a summer switch away from Chelsea by insisting he will undergo pre-season with the Blues.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/26/andreas-christensen-targets-impressing-chelsea-boss-antonio-conte-in-pre-season-6535365/#ixzz4cSTaCK3A

5 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Why didn't Antonio bring him back instead of Ake? Maybe he doesn't rate him like we think. 

According to reports Chelsea tried to bring him back for months last summer (and last season), but Borussia wouldn't budge out of the 2 year loan deal.
I guess they didn't want to ruin relationships with loan clubs since no one would trust the club and take their loanees. If they start playing well and doing good things for their team Chelsea would just take them back if they want.

Also, Aké can play many positions while Christensen is only a CB. Maybe that was a factor.

8 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Also, Aké can play many positions while Christensen is only a CB. Maybe that was a factor.

Actually,that is not true.Christensen can also play as a DM and he is does quite well in that position.Played there sometimes in youth and I think he also played that position in Gladbach

9 hours ago, Yeboii said:

According to reports Chelsea tried to bring him back for months last summer (and last season), but Borussia wouldn't budge out of the 2 year loan deal.
I guess they didn't want to ruin relationships with loan clubs since no one would trust the club and take their loanees. If they start playing well and doing good things for their team Chelsea would just take them back if they want.

Aké has no future at Chelsea whether it's as left back or center back or CDM.

9 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Aké has no future at Chelsea whether it's as left back or center back or CDM.

We could of changed the name to Moses a few seasons ago but looked how that's panned out.....The big difference now is the manager.....willing to give people a chance even if they aren't a household name but are working very hard.

Apparently Gladbach's GM has said that Christensen is definitely coming back here, which means that he'll be given a big role here next season, considering his father said a few months ago that his father said he'd leave if he wasn't given first team action next season. The fact that Gladbach have given up means that its likely that he's been promised some things, we'll have him in the team next season.